It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
(male)

parky90 HB User
11 months negative... every symptom under the sun

First off, let me state that I am not here to instill fear in people who test at 3 months and do a "woohoo!!" I am simply here to state the facts of the progression of my testing and unexplained symptoms. There might be some people out there who are experiencing the same thing as me and can relate to the stress and anxiety I am going through. Please don't write me off as a paranoid liar troll or whatever. I'm just like anyone else.

I had an exposure last June with a TS. First timer - and bottom. I was very intoxicated and from what I remember it was protected. I was in and out of a blackout from drinking scotch. Some people call it time traveling. But... for argument's sake let's just say something happened and it broke or leaked or whatever. Who knows?!

Anyways, I was tested at 5 months with an ELISA and western blot back. Negative non-reactive.
Ten months post I did a rapid finger stick test - negative.
Eleven months post another rapid finger stick test - negative.

All good? One can only hope!

My symptoms to this day are listed:
  1. unexplained psoriasis outbreak all over my legs and arms
  2. Thrush, severe dry mouth, oral sores, possible OHL (waiting to see oral surgeon) but weird non painful white patches on side of tongue that don't scrape off.
  3. Night sweats lasted a week about a month ago
  4. Swollen lymph nodes
  5. No appetite at all
  6. Steady dry sometimes productive cough
  7. loose bowels

Let's face it, the only thing I got going for me is I haven't gotten the flu in a long time. (probably next week)

Okay after listing all of what's going on I still test negative on a rapid finger test. Should I do a more in depth testing procedure? Since most of those are symptoms of progressed HIV I should definitely test positive right? I mean, my blood would have formed antibodies by now if I was progressing like that right?

Anyways, thanks for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Smile Re: 11 months negative... every symptom under the sun

medical testing has diagnosed you as hiv negative
3 TIMES
your tests are considered conclusive TIMES THREE by the amout of time that passed
from the incident.
for whatever reason that you believe is valid
you do not believe these facts.???
you are wrong,you do not have hiv and do not need ANY more testing.

what you do need to do is to be working closely with a good
observant doctor over time to give you a proper diagnosis.
good luck

Old 06-11-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User
Re: 11 months negative... every symptom under the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by parky90 View Post
Should I do a more in depth testing procedure?
No, you already overtested and the tests are telling you that you don't have an HIV concern. I think you need to consider the possibility that your regret over this type of encounter is making you believe that something happened that didn't and you are infected when you aren't.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:41 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

I can fully understand why some people are conerned over their results when they get a negative but have and continue to have lots of symptoms. In most cases a second test or testing just a "bit" longer is proof enough of their status. In your case, you have tested enough times and a lenght that if you did have HIV it would certainly show after 6 months.

So for you, its time to close the book on this. Your HIV negative.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 06-12-2011, 12:18 AM   #5
(male)

hussn HB Userhussn HB User

You calling these symptoms : every symptom under the sun??

You made me smile, you should come and see me mate as a living example of HIV symptoms.

Look, your symptoms are not related to HIV, night sweats related to HIV will happen much much sooner as you 11 month ones, it will happen when the virus is entering your blood stream, which will happen at the first 2 weeks.

So even without testing, am confident to say your symptoms are not related to HIV in anyway.

However, you may be focusing on HIV and not checking what is the real problem you are having, you may have contracted an STD which you did not test for, there are over 30 STD, many can be transmitted even during protected sex, HIV is not one of them and is not your issue

Old 06-13-2011, 02:51 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User

Quote:
Okay after listing all of what's going on I still test negative on a rapid finger test. Should I do a more in depth testing procedure? Since most of those are symptoms of progressed HIV I should definitely test positive right? I mean, my blood would have formed antibodies by now if I was progressing like that right?
Anyways, thanks for listening.
Buddy, with the amount of testing you have done, you definately would have come Positive, if you would have indeed been infected. But Medical science says something else which is YOU are -VE. So accept that and put symptoms in bin as it has nothing to do with HIV. Just follow up with your doctor to find the cause of your symptoms as we can tell you that much that its not HIV.

Good Luck!!

Old 06-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #7
(male)

parky90 HB User

I really do want to believe my tests.

Again, I am not here to pump fear. I am just questioning things. I am human okay!

I have scheduled a pcr test. I am going to get another rapid test prior in case it decides to show positive I can at least save some money and not pay for the pcr test.

The results of my PCR test will determine my membership on this forum.

Last edited by moderator2; 06-13-2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website

Old 06-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

i don't understand
why or how what someone else goes thru
even pertains to you at all?
that guys story raises alot of questions to me
that you would have to know the real answer of
before you could believe this as something
that happens or to make it something to worry about.

you tested negative
that is your hiv status
end of story!

Last edited by smiteler; 06-13-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

A PCR test would be a waste of money. You would be better off spending it on therapy. HIV is not your issue.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #10
(male)

thatdudefromny HB User

You took ELISA and WesternBlot multiple times over 11 months. WesternBlot is the "gold standard" in confirming HIV and you keep turning negative. At 6 months EVERYONE turns positive if they have HIV. PCR is a huge waste of money when you keep turning negative. You didn't even have false positives, or inconclusive results to be this dismissive of your test results. But I have a feeling that another negative ELISA will not convince you until you waste that money on the PCR test.

Tell us how many other STDs have you been tested for over 11 months? You're wasting money on these HIV tests when you should be focusing on other STIs and finding a good doctor that can convince you about how these tests work. There are other STIs that can be tricky in diagnosing, but not HIV, especially over 11 month period.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #11
(male)

parky90 HB User

So I went to the clinic to get another test. The nurse refused to test me. She said I have tested past my window.

I then went to a LabCorp location and paid for a DNA PCR test. I will know my results either Friday or Monday. This week will be a long one!

Old 06-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

The nurse was correct you did not need further testing. You have also been advised on this forum you do not need further testing. YOU have ignored this advice.

The only thing you may now archive by continually testing is to receive a false positive (you test positive when you are negative- yes it does happen). If this happens you will need further tests to confirm your status as negative. This could take months to do.

Please take this advice, do not test again. Stop trying to diagnose yourself via Google, HIV is not a DIY project that is diagnosed online by ifs and buts and by oneself. It is a serious medical condition that is diagnosed by medical science, which as diagnosed you free of it. You have not got HIV; get on with your life it is too short to ruin on needless worry. If you eventually get a positive result, it will be false. If your result is negative, I advise you stongly not to push your luck any further and accept the FACT you have not got HIV.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 06-14-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

You should have followed the nurse's advice.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggen View Post
You should have followed the nurse's advice.
yup!
you only threw away your money!
its a shame .....
it could of gone to a much better use

Last edited by smiteler; 06-14-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

Quote:
I then went to a LabCorp location and paid for a DNA PCR test. I will know my results either Friday or Monday. This week will be a long one!
.....and will you believe those results when they come back negative? How many more times do you need to test negative befroe you can accept that your "symptoms" are not from HIV?

Closed Thread