It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2011, 03:04 PM   #46
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: 9 days later ( serious Symptoms)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okokbud View Post
Ok last question.... So you guys are saying even with 2-5 seconds minimal penetration that it's a very very small chance if at all?

Any idea what this could be?
there are so many viral and bacterial infections out there that
the only way you will ever find out is by narrowing it down with a doctor.

it could be even something even totally unrealated to a std
and the timing with your strip club visit
could just be a coincidence.

one thing you will need is patience and a open mind
as somethings are only discovered by working closely
with an observant doctor over time.
hiv is one of the easier things to find
all you need is a simple test.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #47
(male)

Okokbud HB User

Ok this is my last post, I promise until I get te 4 week test... If I can get these answers I'll will not post until results.

If I get the 4th gen dou test in 4 weeks... What is the chance of a false positive? And it will be 99.9% accurate?

What about like a blood test 4 weeks out that takes a few weeks to get results.. If its m only option what's are the chances of false positive? And it will be about 90% accurate correct?

I'm assuming though IF I am showing symptoms this soon then I would probably be positive on any 4 week test, correct?

Last question, are there any other stds I should be worried about now even after the 2 day blood/urine an the 4 day swab test? And when can I test for those.

Thanks a million guys... Beleive it or not you guys have releved a lot of stress not all but a lot..

And can i please get serious answers to these just so I can ease my mind... Thanks agian.

And I'd also like to add another reason I'm stressing out, both my grandmother and grandfather have been hospitalized this week and both are not expected to make it much longer and i can be there because I'm sick

Last edited by Okokbud; 06-18-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #48
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Let me get this straight pal. You don't know that you penetrated a women who you don't know had HIV and you are now asking a bunch of people who you don't know if they think you have contracted HIV?

Get real pal, grow up and get yourself checked out if your are so concerned.

Stop your HIV drama; the chances of you contacting HIV are zero. Grow up and take your health seriously.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:15 PM   #49
(male)

Okokbud HB User

Kevin, could you please just answer the three questions I posed, that's all i ask... Yes tons of drama and what not but like I said those answers would leave me shutup I promise.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #50
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

< deleted >

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-19-2011 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Rude and unhelpful. Do not post like this again. And do not edit this post.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #51
(male)

Okokbud HB User

Kevin I almost think you have some kind of weird motive, that of a bully.. Obviously all you have to do is answer the questions and I'm done... But you refuse for some reason

Old 06-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #52
Inactive
(male)

The intension was to help and treat you like an adult; in return you have hurled insults. Clearly you are incapable of adult conversation. I will leave you to your child like tantrums and silly insults, I am out of here.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 06-18-2011 at 06:47 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
Okokbud (06-19-2011)
Old 06-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #53
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

the kind of test you take won't matter,
they all work good.

as long as you do not have any of
the well known things going on that can mess up a test
like iv drug use,a transplant,a transfusion,cancer,chemo or autoimmune drugs
you should have no worries about test accuracy at all.

i tested positive in less then 3 weeks from when i got infected
and that was more then ten years ago.
the tests available today are much better then when
i got tested.

none of this pertains to you anyway
as your risk of infection was zero to begin with!

so we can predict with 100% certainty what
your results are going to be ahead of time.
i would be willing to wager on it

The Following User Says Thank You to smiteler For This Useful Post:
Okokbud (06-19-2011)
Old 06-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #54
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

If you penetrated the stripper you would not be here questioning whether you did.

You have a vastly overinflated/unrealstic view of the risks of contracting HIV. Knowing what I know about HIV, I would not have been remotely concerned in your situation EVEN IF there was penetration. I would not even test for it and I wouldn't give two thoughts about it. This is because I know that only a tiny fraction of women in the US have HIV (including strippers), and that HIV is not efficiently transmitted compared to other STDs. It often takes several months or years of unprotected sex before transmission occurs. EVEN IF there was penetration, you would be more likely to get hit by lightning over 10 times in your lifetime than catch HIV from that situation. That's how low the risk would be. But of course of all this discussion has no context, since no penetration occured other than in your anxious mind.

The Following User Says Thank You to joggen For This Useful Post:
Okokbud (06-19-2011)
Closed Thread