It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2011, 08:02 AM   #1
(male)

Okokbud HB User
9 days later ( serious Symptoms)

Here is the full story,

For about a month now ive been having pain in my lower left abdomen. 6/8/11 i was in florida and had a sexual encounter with a woman, i rubbed my penis head on her vagina for about 4-10 seconds. Two days later i went to get my abdomen checked out and i got an std test to be safe, it was a walkin clinic(doctor wasn't very helpful) , he said if he saw anything in the blood from the std test hed prescribe me some antibiotics.. well a nurse came back with a prescription of flyagl. I asked her why and she didnt know, so i got it filled and took 3 the next day (Saturday),

Sunday can around and about 5pm i went to the er for symptoms : pain in my left abdomen shooting into my penis, and pain while urinating and ejaculating ( not severe but i was worried and it was Sunday) They ran a swab test on me, about 30 mins later she came back in and said i had either Gonorrhea/ or Chlamydia, wouldnt know for three days which, but defiantly bacteria in my urethra. She also told me to stop taking the Flagyl, and then they gave me a huge shot in my ***(hip) which hurt like hell for about 3 hours, and prescribed me Doxy.

Monday i was so nervous i went to my doctor in the AM, and he said it was weird but not sure what it was and to wait for the test result to come back. I took one doxy that morning. About lunch i NOTICED had Thrush on my tongue.. not too bad but it was there, with about 5 bumps on the back of my tongue.

Tuesday came and my doctor called me to make sure how i was feeling and i told him about the thrush, he said antibiotics will do that ( even though itd had only been 2 days) and gave me some nystaine mouth wash. since i work till late in the day i went to the walkin to get my thrush checked out, and my lab results were back. I also noticed Tuesday that my lymph nodes were beginning to swell, My test all came back negative, even gonorrhea/chlamydia, he looked and pretty much said all of its from the antibiotics (nodes, thrush, diarrhea) and said not to worry.

Wednesday ( a week after exposure) nodes still sore, and still thrush and diarrhea. I went to the er and of course everything came back negative.

Thursday 8 days after .... My doctor wants me to come in and get checked out... He looks at the thrush... says its not bad and says hes had patients who develop it after a day of antibiotics, and my nodes are swollen because of the thrush. My whole neck is swore, He schedules me a cat scan and a gi doctor to go see in the next 2-3 weeks. I also notice im spitting up A LOT of snot. Nose runs alittle but not much nose running

Friday today (9 days later) thrush is still here, doesn't really hurt, cant wipe it away.. still 5-6 bumps on back of tongue. Doesn't hurt to swallow... throat wise but i can feel the lymph nodes in my neck hurting when i swallow, no fever yet all week, and no rash that i know of.

Whats wrong with me? Ive always been a huge worrier, and my nodes are swollen often... never seemed this bad.. Appetite seems normal, ive also have a history of depression. I have been sleeping for 12-13 hours a day, but iv fairly certain thats because of the worrying and depression, im embarrassed to face my friends and family, so ive been hiding in my room... When i get a bit of good news ( such as antibiotics can cause many of these symptoms..) mentally ill feel great for the time, will hangout with friends laugh... eat.. but then when i start thinking about the possibility of HIV, i go back into my room/sleep/sick to my stomach/ and angry with my self

Please help me any ideas would be appreciated. I cant wait for 6weeks,3,months, and 6motnhs to get tested.. .but im just so nervous... i feel so helpless.. every time i look up anything on the web such as Swollen lymph nodes and sinus.. it all comes back to HIV....

My whole life ive had problems with canker sores inside my mouth, now i also have a cut under my tooth, that is very visible.. Could it all be from that? its very painful and bleeds when i brush....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: 9 days later ( serious Symptoms)

As you have already been advised many times on this forum and now another HIV forum, you did not have a risk of an HIV infection.

Please speak to a doctor about your thrush and glands. This is not an HIV issue. I would strongly advise you, at this point, for your own sake to seek professional help for your fears and ailments and not keep bouncing around HIV forums and websites.

The answer to your issues cannot be found on an internet forum. If you cannot let go of your fears then the only answer is to be tested for HIV. A 4th Gen DOU at four weeks would be advised. The result, which will almost certainly be negative, will be conclusive.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 06-17-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

you never had a risk of catching hiv

your concerns should be posted in the proper forum on healthboards
for better answers and you should be working
closely with your doctor to figure out what it is wrong
good luck

Old 06-17-2011, 03:03 PM   #4
(male)

Okokbud HB User

is it possible to have trench mouth, swollen lymph nodes, and thrush this soon?

thanks

Old 06-17-2011, 03:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

none of those symptoms
or any symptoms for that matter can diagnose an hiv infection.

so why are you wasting your time???

Old 06-17-2011, 03:13 PM   #6
(male)

Okokbud HB User

id just like to know what my chance are.. then you guys say there is no chance..... what if i had precum when i slid my penis into her vagina lips...

Old 06-17-2011, 03:23 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

it has been proven in studies that hiv cannot be transfered by
simple skin contact or by touching infected fluids.

so tell me how does your case
change what is a known scentific fact?

Old 06-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #8
(male)

Okokbud HB User

apparently because my mind is telling my body i do have it

Old 06-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okokbud View Post
you are listening to the wrong things

the only thing that posseses that kind of power
is a hiv test,not your body,not your symptoms

hey i can understand being scared and afraid because you have
no idea what is making you feel sick
(i was there myself laid out in a hospital at one time.)

the thing is until you get yourself checked
out for a bunch of differant things
(there are many viral and bacterial infections out there besides hiv)
all you are doing right now is guessing
and wasting your resources.
what good does that do you?
it is sort of a self destructive behaviour

Old 06-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
HIV is not diagnosed this way either. If you are so concerned what, exactly, is stopping you having an HIV test at four weeks, as advised.

Buddy, you have NOT been exposed to an HIV infection, no matter how you try to twist it.

HIV is NOT diagnosed by the amount or lack of symptoms you may or may not have. And it is certainly not diagnosed on HIV forums. HIV is diagnosed ONE way, an HIV test. If you refuse to accept being told repeatedly you have not been at risk, then go and have one.

Yes, it really is that simple.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 06-17-2011 at 03:36 PM.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:44 PM   #11
(male)

Okokbud HB User
thanks but it just crazy how many symptoms i have, and every google search leads to hiv, im hoping by posting, someone will see this and say hey, i had the same symptoms.

my mind is crazy ive almost convinced myself that there was penetration.

but for just knowledge sake, when would symptoms show at the earliest

and when would you recommend an hiv test? and what are the chances of false positive?

thanks

trust me if it wasnt for a thermometer id be running an 100+ temperature, lol

i also have extremely low amounts of serotonin.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-19-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:54 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

STOP this right now. You cannot diagnose HIV via Google searches. Nobody will say "Hey I had the same symptoms but guess what I am negative". Many many people who get diagnosed with HIV have no symptoms. You cannot diagnose an HIV infection by somebody else’s symptoms. Stop trying to self diagnose HIV it is pointless and does nothing other than fuel your anxiety.

HIV is not a DIY project that is diagnosed via Google. It is diagnosed via an HIV test only.

You do not need a test because you have not been exposed to HIV. You have been told this on two HIV forums by at least ten senior members of those forums.

Clearly you are ignoring everything that is said to you as you have already been advised when to take a test. And you have already been told time and time again symptoms mean absolutely nothing with regards to diagnosing HIV.

Post your negative results when you get them.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 06-17-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #13
(male)

Okokbud HB User

when should i get tested?

Old 06-17-2011, 04:03 PM   #14
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
when should i get tested?
This as been answered in this very thread. Are you actually reading the replies?

Again..............

If you cannot let go of your fears and refuse to accept the FACT you have not been exposed to an HIV infection test at four weeks with a 4th Gen DOU test. The result will be negative and will be conclusive.

You do not need this test because you have not got HIV. But you clearly are unable to accept this. Therefore to put your mind at ease an HIV test which will clearly produce a negative result is the only answer.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 06-17-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #15
(male)

Okokbud HB User

thanks kevin, and i cant accept the fact because now im thinking there was penetration. when these symptoms clear up i think ill be able to hold my self a little better and be able to WAIT 3 months a lot easier

Closed Thread