It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2011, 03:48 AM   #61
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: in a dilemma. please help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreocookie1 View Post
so you're suggesting it's quite ok to just focus on my anxiety... and forget everything about HIV and that a conclusive 3 week post exposure negative is final? Your Anxiety is your issue, not HIV. So yes you need to get help for that. Ive been in your shoes buddy so i do know how your feeling i really do. But once you understand what you did had no risk you will calm down, but if you dont you will get ill from it and belive me its not fun. Thats why im doing my best to help you understand the situation so you can move on.

Ok i will do my best to put an end to this chapter... it wasn't 'symptom' issues that i wanted to start this thread. It was more a question about testing.

I don't understand why they would recommend a 3 month definitive test, when a 4th gen duo test at 4 weeks is 99% apparently? The testing guide lines are in the process of being reduced to 8 weeks. The reason their is a 3 month guide line is not all countries use the lastest tests. Not to mention the CDC are unltra carefull.

bearing in mind i did take mine 3 and a half weeks post exposure. if i did seroconvert in that other half a week, i must be the unluckiest person alive.. If you did, it would be a miricle

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 07-11-2011, 03:56 AM   #62
(male)

oreocookie1 HB User

i suppose the miracle chance of me seroconverting isn't worth another test then? I am from the UK where we use the latest 4th gen tests apparently, my sexual health clinic said they're very sensitive.

so my 3 and a half week negative result must be conclusive? Surely if there is that minute chance of me serconverting in that half week, i should return for at least one more test at 3 months?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2011, 04:07 AM   #63
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
i suppose the miracle chance of me seroconverting isn't worth another test then? I am from the UK where we use the latest 4th gen tests apparently, my sexual health clinic said they're very sensitive.

so my 3 and a half week negative result must be conclusive? Surely if there is that minute chance of me serconverting in that half week, i should return for at least one more test at 3 months?
Ive answered all this before. Look just go to a private clinic and get a DUO test done. That result will be fully conclusive and you will not have to waste any more time on this.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 07-11-2011, 04:26 AM   #64
(male)

oreocookie1 HB User

i might return to my sexual health clinic because they routinely offer 4th gen duo tests standard.

i don';t really want to and i want to trust in the professional and non professional advice that has been given to me in that i am worrying needlessly, but the truth is i don't truly know the status of the person i engaged with. he claims he is HIV- but anyone can say that...

Old 07-11-2011, 04:42 AM   #65
Facilitator
(male)

Well if you test at 4 weeks and over the result is conclusive even if the other person had HIV. For your own peace of mind and to move on, i think this test is required for your mental state not your medical health.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:07 AM   #66
(male)

oreocookie1 HB User

sorry i didn't quite understand your last post...

but i get the part about testing for my own mental state of mind.

a bit random, but does anyone know if hairy leukoplakia can be a symptom of hiv a month after possible infection?

Old 07-11-2011, 05:10 AM   #67
Facilitator
(male)

If the other person had HIV ( but thats very unlikley) any test that gives a negative result at the correct time frame is conclusive. In this case a HIV DUO after 4 weeks would be conclusive.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:12 AM   #68
(male)

oreocookie1 HB User

oh so my 3 week and a half negative wouldn't be conclusive if the guy had HIV right. ****.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:51 AM   #69
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
oh so my 3 week and a half negative wouldn't be conclusive if the guy had HIV right. ****.
Blimey.. It wouldnt matter as you cannot get HIV from Oral sex. Im not playing this merry go round anymore. The test was fine, but it dosnt matter as i said, you had no risk.

My last post on this thread. Just test again for your peace of mind and when you get your negative move on.

Oh, just read all the threads on here and see how many actually have become HIV positive even thou some had anal sex with a HIV positive person ( and they were negative after testing )

Old 07-11-2011, 06:04 AM   #70
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

the only dilemma you have is self created.
your problem is knowing if the information you read is valid.
when you go to google chances are you are going to find
alot of false,misleading,outdated information about hiv.

when something is posted on the internet it is there
forever and nobody is there to correct what is wrong.
hiv isn't some mystery illness,there are
no immaculate infections (as you are fearing here!!)
it has been around a while now and the medical community has
it down pat now after dealing with it for over 30 years now.
in the beginning it was differant,alot of unknown was happening
and alor of the information you are getting is from the effects of that.

the people on here have the correct information!!!
and the thing is there are other people around to correct then
if they were wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you had no risk
your symptoms are not hiv specific
so there is no way you are getting hiv.

seeing you do not believe this and still question this
says you need to see a mental health professional
because nothing we say here is working for you.
i'm not posting again for you either
because it just feeds your fire
and dosen't help you and makes me sound
like a broken record
go get help

Closed Thread