It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2011, 03:43 AM   #1
(male)

oreocookie1 HB User
one time oral sex hiv risk? (giving)

Hi guys, first i just want to say how helpful these forums have been for me.

basically,

about 2 and a half weeks ago, i gave unprotected head to a guy i know well (i'm a bi male, and i say i know him well because of the length of time i've none him, not necessarily the ins and outs of his personal life or sexual activites..)it was my first ever sexual encounter, and from what i've been experiencing in the past 2 weeks, my last for a while.

i asked if he was clean before i did the deed, he said yes, and i trusted him because he's part of an extended family network (not directly related to me) so it would be stupid of him to lie. bugged him online and at first he said he got tested for everything as in everything 3 months prior our encounter. he got ****** off when i kept bugging him, i must admit i was a bit obsessive.

In the next couple of days, i had symptoms from, constipation, soft stools,leg ache, a dry inconsistent not painful cough.. etc. Went to my gp who dismissed everything and put it down to anxiety (i suffer greatly from it) went to a sexual health clinic, got tested for chlamyida, gonorrhea both came back negative.

Had a HIV test yesterday, nearing 3 weeks after exposure... the sexual health advisor was completely calm, and said there was negligible risk for unprotected oral, and said that if the results came back negative i could even take it as conclusive as it was such a 'low risk' encounter.

what do you think my chances were of contracting it? waiting for initial result now. he said if he were me he wouldn't bother to return for a test if this one came back negative.

Last edited by oreocookie1; 06-18-2011 at 03:48 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2011, 03:56 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: one time oral sex hiv risk? (giving)

Hi there,

Your sexual health advisor was 100% correct. Your risk was low, some would argue zero. Your results will almost certainly be negative and you can take the results to the bank.

Kevin.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:11 AM   #3
(male)

oreocookie1 HB User

thanks for this kevin

i forgot to mention i saw 2 other sexual health advisors and got a second opinion to my GP and they all said that i was worrying for no reason.

do you think in my case i can take the 2 week hiv result as conclusive given the low risk nature of my activity?

my stomach has been growling and rumbling constantly... i know i can't diagnose online, but it's really irritating, just concerned its a symptom of ars...

Old 06-18-2011, 05:22 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi there,

No a grumbling tummy is not a symptom of an HIV infection.

Buddy you have been advised correctly by the health workers and the GP. Many people have HIV tests at the three/four week stage. Almost all infections are diagnosed at this point. If you had had a high risk then you would be advised to come for a confirmation test at the three month mark.

Clearly, for you, this is not the case, you did not have a high risk; in fact you had a very very low risk (in effect zero). Therefore your tests can be considered conclusive.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 06-18-2011 at 05:23 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
oreocookie1 (06-18-2011)
Old 06-18-2011, 05:23 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

oral sex is not a risk or pathway to tranmission of hiv
hiv should not even be a concern for you at all
good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to smiteler For This Useful Post:
0lostmind0 (09-14-2012)
Old 06-18-2011, 05:27 AM   #6
(male)

oreocookie1 HB User

thanks guys, i'm still slightly paranoid i guess... but in guess i shouldn't be i mean i've seen 5 different people regarding this, who have all said the same thing. maybe all these 'symptoms' are anxiety induced... this really has been a wake up call for me no matter how small the risk..

there's too many variables in terms of symptoms i suppose. just out of interest, are dull aching legs a common symptom of ars? i've read that specific muscle pain is more of a symptom that occurs in the later stages of hiv

Old 06-18-2011, 05:50 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Hi there,

I would like to give you one bit of advice before I leave (I am going out for the afternoon). Buddy, symptom chasing is one of the most common thing that anybody who as an HIV concern does. It is also one of the very worst things anybody can do. Many many people read lists of symptoms online and suddenly, wrongly, diagnose themselves with HIV. The lists you see are not check list, the symptoms of HIV are non specific. HIV cannot be diagnosed through symptoms. The amount or lack of symptoms you may or may not have will have zero bearing on the result of an HIV test. No two people will react the same to a viral infection. Some have no reaction, no symptoms, some react very violently.

The only way and I mean the only way to diagnose HIV is though what you have done. An HIV test, anything beyond the results of these tests is not relevant to your HIV status.

Kevin.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:54 AM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreocookie1 View Post
thanks guys, i'm still slightly paranoid i guess... but in guess i shouldn't be i mean i've seen 5 different people regarding this, who have all said the same thing. maybe all these 'symptoms' are anxiety induced... this really has been a wake up call for me no matter how small the risk..

there's too many variables in terms of symptoms i suppose. just out of interest, are dull aching legs a common symptom of ars? i've read that specific muscle pain is more of a symptom that occurs in the later stages of hiv
Dull aches are not symptoms of ARS. Infact any health issue you get in the next hour, day,week, month, year, decade will not be from the oral sex you had. The only risk you had was an STD and they were all negative. As for HIV forget it !! Their is not one reliable case documented in history that somone has got HIV from giving oral sex. So you being the first - zero. Not to mention and this is the BIGGEST thing to concider, is that its very unlikley indeed the other person had HIV. Less than 1% of the population in the UK have HIV.
If your paranoia isnt satisfied by seeing 5 experts and simple medical facts and science,then its time to get some help for your mental state buddy.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 06-20-2011, 12:27 AM   #9
(male)

oreocookie1 HB User

Thanks for the reassurance guys,

does anyone know if petechiae is a symptom of ars? i have about 2 tiny ones on each arm. also, been feeling terribly weak recently. All my 'symptoms' have happened one by one though, and i read that ars hits like a bomb all at once so it couldn't be ars could it?

like i said, no fever, or no night sweats.. can't help but feel i was the 1 in 10,000 that was unfortunate enough to get hiv from giving oral...

Last edited by oreocookie1; 06-20-2011 at 12:28 AM.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:53 AM   #10
Veteran
(male)

guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User

Hi Bud,

When you have been advised by experts that You were not at risk for HIV then why you going on the rollercoaster of HIV scare. Please dont do this.
Oral Sex poses NO risk for HIV.

Stay Healthy!!

Old 06-20-2011, 02:16 AM   #11
(male)

oreocookie1 HB User

thank you

i know i shouldn't do this to myself... i can't believe how one blowjob has made me go absolutely crazy like this. I'd be amazed if anxiety can truly cause all these physical 'symptoms'

it was my only sexual encounter and probably my last for a while...

it's been near 3 weeks after exposure now... got leg ache, 2 tiny petechiae on both arms... loss of appetite...a dry cough that only affects me about once a day for a bout 5 minutes.. possible swollen lymph nodes in the armpit...

how can this all be down to anxiety and stress?

Last edited by oreocookie1; 06-20-2011 at 04:02 AM.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:04 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:

how can this all be down to anxiety and stress?

the mind is more powerful then you are giving it credit for.
you are making a mistake discounting it.
from what you say
hiv should be the least of your concerns....

Old 06-21-2011, 01:19 AM   #13
(male)

oreocookie1 HB User

does HIV also change the appearance of semen? mine's been really thick recently, like i can pull strands and it just snaps back. sorry to be so descriptive ha.

are dull body aches also a common symptom of ars? my legs and arms have been terribel They're about the only 'symptom' that is causing me any concern atm

Old 06-21-2011, 05:28 AM   #14
Veteran
(male)

guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User

Quote:
does HIV also change the appearance of semen? mine's been really thick recently, like i can pull strands and it just snaps back. sorry to be so descriptive ha.

are dull body aches also a common symptom of ars? my legs and arms have been terribel They're about the only 'symptom' that is causing me any concern atm
Rite now what you doing is what every anxious person does who is anxious about HIV. so YES its common as an anxiety but its not anyways related to ARS You were never at any risk for HIV on the first hand.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:38 AM   #15
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
does HIV also change the appearance of semen? No, and you dont HIV mine's been really thick recently, like i can pull strands and it just snaps back. sorry to be so descriptive ha.

are dull body aches also a common symptom of ars? No, and you dont have ARS or ever will in a million years !!my legs and arms have been terribel They're about the only 'symptom' that is causing me any concern atm
Just go to the GUM clinic, its free and they can test you. You will of course be negative

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Closed Thread