HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   HIV Prevention (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/hiv-prevention/)
-   -   Help from anybody please (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/hiv-prevention/859733-help-anybody-please.html)

Ales1980 07-18-2011 10:18 AM

Help from anybody please

Hi there,

After my high risk exposure i hade all symptoms of ARS including fever, night sweating etc besides rash exactly 14 days after risk. After five months I realized that I had white tongue. I went testing immediately end elisa test came back as negative for HIV also bwr test for lues was negative also. My doc gave me two tablets of diflucan and my tongue is still white. I started to spend my whole time searching Internet where are a lot of sites stating 6 months mark so after six months I went to test again just to make sure. Test came back negative for HIV and test for liver enzymes was fine (to exclude possible hcv coninfection). But I had confirmed oral yest and got new tablets just today and also I have swollen nodes in my neck ( not in my groin, doc checked that and said it is more conclusive).
I was healthy for a long time I even had not visited doc in last 10 years by now I have already visited three docs. I am not aware of autoimmune disease , I am not drug user.

The test were 4th gen ELISA antibody plus antigen negative at 5 and 6 moths I am so depressed that I even used different laboratories just to exclude clerical or lab mistake.

My question is shall I continue testing?
Do you know some healthly person who tested positive later than six months using latest test technology?
I am very scared and I am almost sure that I will fall in very rare cases group
Thank you very much

Alex

smiteler 07-18-2011 11:59 AM

Re: Help from anybody please

have you been working with a doctor?
that is the best thing to do.
hiv is not your problem.

Apollo123 07-18-2011 12:51 PM

HIV is not an issues after test at the time scale you have. Really if your unwell then please see your doctor like smit sais, he will be the best person to help you.
Good Luck

blokecalledkev 07-18-2011 09:54 PM

[QUOTE=Ales1980;4802644]
My question is shall I continue testing ?[/QUOTE]

No you have tested conclusively negative, you do not have HIV and you are not a rare case, there are no rare cases. You are one of thousands upon thousands of people who have their HIV status determined by HIV tests. Yours is negative, if you cannot accept this then you should maybe seek therapy for your fears and phobias.

Kevin.

Ales1980 07-18-2011 10:49 PM

[QUOTE=smiteler;4802749]have you been working with a doctor?
hiv is not your problem.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reply I work with a doctor as much as possible she tells not to worry but also she noted window period could be up to 8 months. I am sure I will not make it I am doomed

Ales1980 07-18-2011 11:08 PM

[QUOTE=smiteler;4802749]have you been working with a doctor?
hiv is not your problem.[/QUOTE]

I know that there are 10000 happy finalls on one unlucky. I will be the one.

Apollo123 07-19-2011 12:42 AM

[QUOTE=Ales1980;4803182]Thanks for reply I work with a doctor as much as possible she tells not to worry but also she noted window period could be up to 8 months. I am sure I will not make it I am doomed[/QUOTE]

That information is incorrect. The offical window period is 3 months and thats the CDC guide lines. Your not doomed your HIV negative.

Ales1980 07-19-2011 12:49 AM

[QUOTE=Apollo123;4803209]That information is incorrect. The offical window period is 3 months and thats the CDC guide lines. Your not doomed your HIV negative.[/QUOTE]

I really wish I was. I am rational person and I work as analytic. If a had not any symptoms mainly complete ARS (high fever is core symptom I guess) I would go to therapist but right now I am sure that visiting therapist is wasting of time and money.

Ales1980 07-19-2011 12:51 AM

[QUOTE=Apollo123;4803209]That information is incorrect. The offical window period is 3 months and thats the CDC guide lines. Your not doomed your HIV negative.[/QUOTE]

Anyway thanks to everybody who is reacting It let me feel more comfortable by now I have nobody to talk about it.

I really appreciate it.

blokecalledkev 07-19-2011 01:11 AM

[QUOTE=Ales1980;4803211]I really wish I was. I am rational person and I work as analytic. If a had not any symptoms mainly complete ARS (high fever is core symptom I guess) I would go to therapist but right now I am sure that visiting therapist is wasting of time and money.[/QUOTE]

You guess wrongly, there are NO core symptoms of an HIV infection and if they occur at all it is certainly not months after an infection. You should not be guessing where your health is concerned you should be seeking professional medical help. Since HIV as been conclusively ruled out, please visit your doctor if you have ailments that are of concern and discuss it with him/her.

Please, buddy, stop ruining your life and wasting your time and effort over a non issue. You have done the hard bit and been tested, conclusively, if you cannot let it go, seek help, real help.

Ales1980 07-19-2011 01:21 AM

[QUOTE=blokecalledkev;4803218]You guess wrongly, there are NO core symptoms of an HIV infection and if they occur at all it is certainly not months after an infection. You should not be guessing where your health is concerned you should be seeking professional medical help. Since HIV as been conclusively ruled out, please visit your doctor if you have ailments that are of concern and discuss it with him/her.

Please, buddy, stop ruining your life and wasting your time and effort over a non issue. You have done the hard bit and been tested, conclusively, if you cannot let it go, seek help, real help.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, i am the only person who knows what happened, hiv is biology not exact math. You had not ever heard about late seroconversion in healthy person?
What makes me uncertain is that if my oral thrush was caused by stress why it apperead in 5 months? before that i was completely fine because i considered exposure as protected i started stress after. Time before 5 month test was pretty hard after the result i was shocked after 6 months i was shocked even more i am counting days to my final test i think about 8 months mark

blokecalledkev 07-19-2011 01:28 AM

You do not need to test out to eight months; you have been advised of this already. Your tests are conclusive you do not have HIV.

Delayed seroconversion is a complete myth and oral thrush can be a symptom of an advanced HIV infection not a primary infection. Oral thrush can be caused by many things in healthy people; many people get it, almost all are HIV negative.

Did you say you had protected sex? Was that your exposure?

Apollo123 07-19-2011 01:32 AM

Late sero in healthy people will not happen. Having tested after "symptoms " is proof enough that they were not HIV related. You do not need to test again not at all. Even thinking about now after testing at the time scales you have are a waste of your time and energy. If you did wait to 8 months it would be negative and 2 more months of wasted worry. I can only say agin, you do not need to test again, its as simple as that.

Ales1980 07-19-2011 01:45 AM

[QUOTE=blokecalledkev;4803222]You do not need to test out to eight months; you have been advised of this already. Your tests are conclusive you do not have HIV.

Delayed seroconversion is a complete myth and oral thrush can be a symptom of an advanced HIV infection not a primary infection. Oral thrush can be caused by many things in healthy people; many people get it, almost all are HIV negative.

Did you say you had protected sex? Was that your exposure?[/QUOTE]

it is too hard by writing

It is sooo unbelievable I ll try to describe. When prostitute was putting condom on she scratched my testicle a was heavily drunk so I did not realized that something could be wrong I did not noticed blood. After the sex she insisted that she has to check whether the condom is broken or not so she made O of her point finger and thumb and cathed my penis an very slowly moved her fingers from the top to my testicles finally i put of condom by myself. Before the sex another girl went in tried to tell me something but I did not understand. After this situation that prostitude told me not to listen to her if she would try to tell me something again. Even she asked me wheter I have a girlfriend. I was so drunk that I thought that checking the condom is some sort of quality aspect considered whole situation as protected sex which it finally was and moved on. After 14 days ARS symptoms I did nit know anything about it and because It was winter I thought it is just flu so I dared to continue unprotected sex with my love. By these days when I remembered all detailes I freakout and I am sure she is positive and made o monster of me. She had to have vaginal secret on her hand moving it to the scratch. Which I assume was path for virus transmission. I also thought there is no risk so I tested so late when symptoms come

I am also sure that you heard this case for the first time. I considered myself as a intelligent person before but drunken I fell into this trap and I even paid for it. Believe or not my last idea is to lie

Ales1980 07-19-2011 01:49 AM

It is sooo unbelievable I ll try to describe. When prostitute was putting condom on she scratched my testicle a was heavily drunk so I did not realized that something could be wrong I did not noticed blood. After the sex she insisted that she has to check whether the condom is broken or not so she made O of her point finger and thumb and cathed my penis an very slowly moved her fingers from the top to my testicles. Before the sex another girl went in tried to tell me something but I did not understand. After this situation that prostitude told me not to listen to her if she would try to tell me something again. Even she asked me wheter I have a girlfriend. I was so drunk that I thought that checking the condom is some sort of quality aspect considered whole situation as protected sex which it finally was and moved on. After 14 days ARS symptoms I did nit know anything about it and because It was winter I thought it is just flu so I dared to continue unprotected sex with my love. By these days when I remembered all detailes I freakout and I am sure she is positive and made o monster of me
She had to have vaginal secret on her hand moving it to the scratch. Which I assume was path for virus transmission. I also thought there is no risk so I tested so late when symptoms come.

I am also sure that you heard this case for the first time. I considered myself as a intelligent person before but drunken I fell into this trap and I even paid for it. Believe or not my last idea is to lie