It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #1
(male)

waywardson HB Userwaywardson HB Userwaywardson HB Userwaywardson HB User
Risky sex..followed by strep throat..anxious and scared

Ok so here is the deal. I went on vacation back home this last month and got a little wild. I got really drunk one night met a young girl at a bar abd we made out and then went back to a friends place. Me, my friend and this girl all ended up drinking more and haveing unprotected sex...no bisexual stuff..just me and the friend haveing sex with her. She said that she was doing coke.(which makes me wonder about other drugs). Actually when she said she was on drugs I suggested a cab for her to go home, but my friend insited on her staying and once we keep drinking I was feeling the same way. I know this was a really stupid idea and also given the fact that about 6yrs ago I put myself though hell with an HIV scare that came back neg..I made myself a deal never to stress myself like that again by putting myself at risk. Actually the last 'Scare' was much more risky because I had unproteced sex about 40 times with a girl whom was known to 'get around' She was my gf at the time and I didnt know about her past until way down the road...Anyways..I know symptons can never be the tell tell because when I went through an HIV scare before I had a lot of symptoms that were mostly self-induced.

Well about 3 days after this risky event...I got a sore throat...which turned out to be really bad to a point where I had to go to the ER(at about 6 days after)..because I could barley talk...80% of my throat was closed off. The scary thing about it was the strep culture came back negative and they did a blood test and told me that I had an increase in white blood cells(for fighting off the infection). I was still diagonsed with strep because of the symptoms and the fact that the culutre was mostly likely a bad one because I could barely open my mouth. I was prescribed penacillin and it worked wonders and killed the infection..which leads me to believe that it was bacterial and not viral. If I got it from the girl, or just being out and partying lowering my immune system etc...I dont know. I was stressing out big time froom the risky exposure and that could have been why the strep was so vicious.

I have had no other symptoms...and I know the timeline doesnt fit ARS symptoms and more than likely was due to a bacterial strep infection. Right before I left I had an HIV test for a yearly check up because I am in the military..so I do it once a yr no matter what. Either way I will get tested. I do feel anxious and angry at myself..but at the same time I am not going to work myself up like the last time and just do the test. I feel soo dumb and have been praying for another chance.

Last edited by waywardson; 07-25-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Risky sex..followed by strep throat..anxious and scared

most likely you being sick was a coincidence,
you seem to know the facts
the test will end your all of your fears
good luck with it

Old 07-25-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Well as its been 4 weeks and more ( im guessing ) then a HIV DUO test will be perfect for testing now. Its 99% conclsuive at this time or later. If it was "ARS" the your test will be positive. If it wasnt, you will be negative. It does seem a little early for ars but only testing ca really confirm your status.
Hope that helps?

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 07-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #4
(male)

waywardson HB Userwaywardson HB Userwaywardson HB Userwaywardson HB User

It has been just shy of four weeks, I am in germany so I think that the only place I can go is on base...not sure if they have that available and worried if asking would effect my career.

Closed Thread