It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
(male)

willdiesoon HB User
Unhappy Am I going to die soon?

Dear Doctor,

Incident:

I had two sex encounters with a prostitute in Thailand 28 days back. Both times it was protected sex. Before I got the condom on, she applied some gel ( unsure about whether it was water or oil based) on my penis to make it work as lubricant. One time she sucked my penis while the condom was on. We kissed gently on the cheeks and the second time we softly touched our lips. Both times before the sex, we had a shower and the last time after the sex I did not have a shower. The girl looked pretty healthy and appeared to be taking good precautions. I did not have any cuts that are visible; neither did she so far I can tell.

My regrets:

1. I did not check the condoms. However, I have a faint memory that when I took them off with tissue papers they were intact. So may not have slipped down or broken

2. I did not take a shower after the sex during the second time.

3. She applied that lubricant to her vagina first and then to me.

Symptoms:

I came back and within five days I had a fever of 102 degrees. After that time the fever subsided.

So far no rashes,

Mild soar throat but not sure whether due to long flight or sudden change of weather ( I used air conditioning initially and then stopped). So the sore throat is gone

No swollen lymph nodes.

No fever later.

No diarrhea.

I feel hungry a lot.

My blood pressure is generally 105/65.

Recently I have been diagnosed with a cervical spine problem and therefore has some real pain in the neck, back sometimes in the thighs. Unfortunately it is therefore confounded with any pain in these areas that may have been induced by hiv infection.

No problem during urine passing

Perhaps lost 2-3 kilograms

I cannot even sleep these days thinking I must have contracted HIV. I am looking pale thinking I have contracted the virus.I cannot sleep and therefore taking heavy doses of sleeping pills. I cannot concentrate on anything. I live with my wife. I fear I am going to infect her by living under the same roof.

My questions are:
1. What is my chance of contracting HIV or/and any STD?
2. When should I get tested?
3. What tests I should do?
4. How many tests I must do to arrive at a reliable conclusion, either way.
5. what precautions I should take not to infect my wife? I am not having sex with her since the possible exposure.
6. If I test positive, I will lose my job? That's a question and a fear I have which persuades me not to get tested. Should I get tested?

Thanks for your time for reading this and please please respond.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Am I going to die soon?

Nobody can tell you when you are going to die but you are certainly not going to die from an HIV infection. Even if you had been exposed to and contracted HIV you would not die soon. As it is you were not exposed to a possible HIV infection, you had protected sex. Please, listing your ailments after you have examined yourself serves no purpose, even if you had be at risk symptom chasing is pointless. HIV is never diagnosed by the amount or lack of symptoms you may or may not have; it is diagnosed by an HIV test.

And there are no doctors here, if you want a doctor’s opinion, online, you will have to pay for it. It will be no different from the one you have just received.

Kevin

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 08-14-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Am I going to die soon?

you did not put yourself at risk for hiv
so you should have no concerns over it.

you had a slight risk for other std's
and you might want to test for them
good luck

Closed Thread