It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
(male)

NoBlink HB User
Help needed!

Help needed!

This morning I went to the lab for a cbc, then in the evening I went for a massage. I'm a 26yo male and the masseuse gave me a pretty strong massage in the area they got the blood out of me from the cbc, which is still red.

Should I get tested for std's?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Help needed!

This is an HIV specific sub forum, so based on what you have posted you do not need to test for HIV.

Given the fact that sexually transmitted diseases are only ever transmitted when sex takes place and it didn't take place (getting a massage doesn't count as sex) it is safe to say you do not need to test for any sexually transmitted diseases.

Kevin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #3
(male)

NoBlink HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokecalledkev View Post
This is an HIV specific sub forum, so based on what you have posted you do not need to test for HIV.

Given the fact that sexually transmitted diseases are only ever transmitted when sex takes place and it didn't take place (getting a massage doesn't count as sex) it is safe to say you do not need to test for any sexually transmitted diseases.

Kevin.
I'm sorry Kevin. Maybe I should have posted this in another sub-forum, but which sub-forum?

No substance could have entered thru the spot I was taken blood from, that would give me hiv? The masseuse used this oil and put hand pressure in the area for about 5 minutes.

Sorry if I bother you in some way.

Thank You so much for answer.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Buddy you are not bothering me at all and you really have nothing to apologise over. I was merely pointing out this sub forum deals with HIV concerns, not general STDs concerns. There is another sub forum labelled sexually transmitted diseases on this board that offers advice and support on these concerns.

And no there is no "substance" at all that could have entered though the spot and infected you with HIV.

Kevin

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 08-18-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

there is absolutly no hiv risk here
having simple skin contact will not infect you
even touching wounds.
hiv will not penetrate skin

Old 08-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
(male)

NoBlink HB User

I feel way more relaxed now

Gosh! sometimes I worry too much.

Thanks everybody!