It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
(male)

Feelbadbad HB UserFeelbadbad HB User
HIV DNA test false negative

Does anyone have a HIV DNA test false negative before?? I have test it in 20days and it was negative but I still feel fear and worry, almost crazy, because of a lot of post online that said HIV DNA test is not really realiable! Any help will be really thankful! I want to know how realiable is HIV DNA test, any false negative before at 15-21 days, after retest with antibody test? I know there are false positive by using HIV DNA but I do not know if there also false negative at 15-20 days test!

Old 08-29-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: HIV DNA test false negative

false negatives from any hiv test are very rare
and usually other beforehand known health issues
or iv drug use is the cause for it.
the tests are made so if there is a doubt or false reading
it is on the positive side.

most likely your result is accurate
if you have any doubts at 15 days
a antibody test will find a infection but it is not
considered conclusive.

i tested positive myself 19 days from exposure
and i have no doubt i would of been positive
much earlier if i was tested at that time.
btw my test was done over 13 yrs ago..
these tests you are taking are alot better then mine was.

Last edited by smiteler; 08-29-2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: add info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

HIV DNA tests are reknown for false positives but more so than false negatives. The RNA test is a newer and more accurate test. The test is also not approved to confirm your HIV status only a HIV test can be used for this.
A DUO aat 4 weeks would be the test to concider

What was your exposure?

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 08-30-2011, 01:25 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Whenever anybody asks whether they should consider a PCR I always try to steer them away from these tests. There are two types of PCR test; one is a DNA PCR which, because it has a very high rate of giving false positive results, is not approved for HIV diagnostics. The other a RNA PCR is approved for HIV diagnostics for people who have had a definite risk, i.e. unprotected anal and/or vaginal sex with somebody who is known to have HIV. Neither are stand alone tests.

Viral load tests as they are known, on the face of it seems to offer people a short cut to HIV diagnostics. Unfortunately with this short cut comes a real down side, they are super sensitive tests and any result from one of these tests has to be confirmed by an HIV antibody test, which is the only approved method of determining an HIV status. I really do understand the appeal of an early test but a false positive from one of these tests can have a very detrimental effect on the well being of people who are already very concerned. Unfortunately there really is not any short cuts for HIV diagnostics

HIV antibody tests are so accurate now that one of these at four weeks is a far better option. Having said this you have got a negative result and because of the extreme sensitivity of these tests you can take it as a very indicator of your status but it does need to be confirmed by an HIV antibody test.

Kevin.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #5
(male)

Thank you for all your post, but still this answer is not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for some one who already take the HIV DNA test and they got different resut after 3 month with antibody test. I'm on my 32 days from exposure now and my life been at hell! I wish I should have think before I do and this day will never happen. I have sex with a sex worker, I was using condom but she did not tell me that she on her period! He blood all over the condom and some on my genital hair. I hope that the condom did not borke. I been feel fear, scare, stress, depression. Please any reply will be helpful!

Old 08-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Buddy, calm down and take a deep breath. Had the condom failed you would have known instantly, they are designed to fail catastrophically and both people involved would know instantly.

You had safe sex here mate the fact you got small amounts of her period blood on your genital hair makes absolutely no difference. You were not exposed to an HIV infection; you don't need to test other than for peace of mind. HIV transmission, sexually, only ever takes place when an unprotected penis is inside a vagina or anus. Buddy worrying yourself sick, stressing out and freaking out does not alter this fact.

And please just because she was a sex worker does not mean she automatically had HIV, you have no idea whether she had HIV or not. The reason she used a condom was to protect herself from you not you from her.

It is extremely unlikely any test you take will alter later on. Even if anybody as tested negative with a PCR and then tested positive later it makes absolutely no difference to you. You were never at risk.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 08-30-2011 at 01:57 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
Feelbadbad (08-30-2011)
Old 08-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

careindeed HB User

Don't worry.when i gave my HIV test,it was negative.Dont take tension.I think generally people go for elisa test.

The Following User Says Thank You to careindeed For This Useful Post:
Feelbadbad (08-30-2011)
Old 08-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelbadbad View Post
Thank you for all your post, but still this answer is not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for some one who already take the HIV DNA test and they got different resut after 3 month with antibody test. I'm on my 32 days from exposure now and my life been at hell! I wish I should have think before I do and this day will never happen. I have sex with a sex worker, I was using condom but she did not tell me that she on her period! He blood all over the condom and some on my genital hair. I hope that the condom did not borke. I been feel fear, scare, stress, depression. Please any reply will be helpful!
you are looking for someone else who has had a false negative?
good luck with that one!
i would highly doubt you will ever find anyone
as i said before it is extremely rare...
you will have better chances winning the lottery!

look.. to start
you are baseing your fears on a assumption
that this person even had hiv to begin with.
so hiv might not exist in the first place.

then
infected fluids NEED a path THRU your skin to infected you.
hiv will NOT penetrate thru skin.
you used a condom and that protected you from getting hiv
the only fear you should have is about
other very easier to catch std's that you seem to
totally ignore and never any mention or worry?

you seem to ignore most of what you are told anyway
and seem to have already have your mind made up.
you are beating yourself up over nothing..
all i can say is
go see a doctor and tell him all of your concerns

The Following User Says Thank You to smiteler For This Useful Post:
Feelbadbad (08-30-2011)
Old 08-30-2011, 02:31 PM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelbadbad View Post
Dispite the blood you had protected sex. Blood is not a risk unless it gets into your blood stream, and from what you describe thats inpossible.
I know your concerned but calm down a little. Understand you risk is zero. Also she has to have HIV in the first place and the chances of that are less than 1 %.
If any of the logic dosnt help you, then test now at 4 weeks like i said with a DUO or any 4th generation test that has P24 antigen in it.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
Feelbadbad (08-30-2011)
Old 08-30-2011, 05:37 PM   #10
(male)

Thank you all for reply I feel a little bit better! I hope that I do not have anything, Because I'm still young I have a lot of thing to do! I was stupid at once time but if god give me another change I will make it better. I will update my result later on about a month for antibody test. Once again thank you all for take time to reply !!wish me luck!!

Old 08-30-2011, 07:15 PM   #11
(male)

Sorry to broder u guy again but I just wonder I have some diarrhea couple day ago. one or 2 time than it went back to narmal, than again next day and today. Also my stomosh have alot of gas and kind of hurt sometime. Headache some time, I can not eat because when I look or smell foods. I feel like want to throw up, just lose 5-10p. But I fore myself to eat because I want to get back to normal. My question is are any of this sign of HIV sysmptom or stress? Also does HIV people have to diarrhea all the time or some time? It is really hard to live right now. I hope one month go fast and I hope I do not have anything. Pray for me, wish me luck guy, I need it! If some one who read this, please think before you do something stupid. I don't think you want to be me right now!

Old 08-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

nothing that you say is a symptom of hiv.
i have hiv so i know exactly what it is like!!
you NEVER had a risk
you question a test result???
all i can say is
you go against easy to understand logic
you are NOT smarter then a hiv test
and since that is the case
please seek out some help and tell your doctor
everything because you obviously cannot do it on your own.

i will not wish you any luck for a test
no luck is needed,i would be willing to BET on the result.

i will wish you luck getting the proper mental help
because that is what you really need.

Last edited by smiteler; 08-30-2011 at 07:34 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to smiteler:
Feelbadbad (08-30-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to smiteler For This Useful Post:
Feelbadbad (08-30-2011)
Old 08-30-2011, 08:07 PM   #13
(male)

Dear smiteler
Thank you for sharing with me. I feel really bad to hear that, because I know it is really hard for you! As I have feel the same thing for the past month! I hope you feel better and have a lot of best luck. Also I hope one day we all will have cure for all this and not to worry about anything again! I can feel that day soon will come! Big warn hug for you!!

Old 08-30-2011, 08:26 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

so you know,i'm not blowing
any smoke up your butt to make you feel better.
i'm involved in long term hiv studies
the information i'm telling you
i learned from the people who are researching hiv.
some of these people have been doing it for over 30 years now.
the only mystery left with hiv is how to cure it.
they know how to find it very well and they know how to treat it.
they know what it does to you.
the best way to fight your enemy
is to know as much about it as you can.
i have been picking thier brains for years now.
i'm just relaying what i learned to you.
i rarely google to find hiv information,
i have no real need, i get mine first hand.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:40 PM   #15
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiteler View Post
so you know,i'm not blowing
any smoke up your butt to make you feel better.
i'm involved in long term hiv studies
the information i'm telling you
i learned from the people who are researching hiv.
some of these people have been doing it for over 30 years now.
the only mystery left with hiv is how to cure it.
they know how to find it very well and they know how to treat it.
they know what it does to you.
the best way to fight your enemy
is to know as much about it as you can.
i have been picking thier brains for years now.
i'm just relaying what i learned to you.
i rarely google to find hiv information,
i have no real need, i get mine first hand.
Thank for sharing!! I have heard there are one man in German have been cure from HIV! If you have a change I think you need to take a trip over there and find out it is true or not! But I'm sure one day there will be a cure!

Closed Thread