It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
(male)

csmitty HB User
Staph infection, thrush, rash, night sweats...When should I test?

Had protected vaginal and oral intercourse with SW on Sept. 1. But I briefly performed oral on her (10 seconds at most).

The next day, I have a burning sensation in my crotch and what feels like a UTI (pain in urethra, constantly having to pee but passing little)

Second day I begin to get night sweats and slight fever (99.5)

Third day I have what appears to be ARS rash on back and upper arms. Brown dots no itch went away in three-four days. Fever and night sweats continue.

Fourth and fifth day, symptoms continue with intermittent diarrhea and overall loose stool with severe lack of appetite
Fifth day see doctor who tests for chlamidyia and gonnorhea, and assigns antibiotics for both. (Tests come back negative but immediately get oral thrush after taking Supra pill on the fifth day). Take doxyclycline for a week and the pain when peeing goes away but still not producing much urine.
Also begin noticing swollen lymph nodes throughout body (inner thighs near knee, groin, neck) which continue to today.

Seventh and eighth day, thrush subsides and so does fever but pain in groin and urinary incontinence continue.

Ninth day, blisters appear on feet and symptoms of gingivvitis are noticeable in mouth.

Meanwhile, I'm sleeping only 20 minutes a night unless I take pills and I have this overwhelming fuzzy feeling in my head and ringing in my ears.

Finally, at two weeks, I start getting some decent sleep and the urinary symptoms start to disappear, but my hands swell up with redness (what looked like herpes whitlow) and the skin begins to peel though no blisters emerge. My hands now feel dryer and have more lines than before.

Now I start getting the peripheral neuropathy in my left foot (toes especially) and occassional pins and needles in my right hand when I try to sleep. Last night I had shooting pains in my feet.

My appetite is back but I don't seem to be digesting anything or going to the bathroom near enough. And when I do it is light colored and soft.

I've lost about 10 pounds now on day 22 (a lot of it from my face and butt, two places I always carried weight before - and I've never found it easy to lose weight so this is worrying)

I still have this redness and pruniness in my groin area. I'm able to get an erection again but my semen volume is much lower and my testicles are red and still burning a bit. It has a grape-like smell and includes some penile vericose veins (very alarming). My inner thighs are swollen, red and warm to the touch. It feels like staph or prostatitis.

I also have what looks like a purple stretch mark on my inner thigh (worried it's Kaposi's sarcoma) and I feel my mental attention/acumen is not what it was (very troublesome in my job - I NEED to be sharp mentally)

Also have had a sore throat and general dry mouth for a good two weeks now.

Anyway the timeline seems very early for ARS, but it seems consistent with ARS. Does anyone recognize these symptoms as such?

If I go to a clinic on Thursday (28 days post exposure) would a rapid test be conclusive or worth doing?

The Following User Says Thank You to csmitty For This Useful Post:
FeelingGuilty18 (10-04-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2011, 04:28 PM   #2
(male)

retinoid HB Userretinoid HB User
Re: Staph infection, thrush, rash, night sweats...When should I test?

You don't get seroconversion symptoms within 3 days. 28 days won't be 'conclusive', you should wait 3 months. But from what you described you aren't at risk at all.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

You had protected sex, so no risk of HIV, dispite any symptoms you may get

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 09-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #4
(male)

csmitty HB User

I couldn't resist taking a rapid HIV test today (28 days after exposure). The result was negative. Should I be encouraged by this or did I just waste my time.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:32 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Well both buddy. You didnt need to test, but you did and nothing wrong with that for peace of mind and you got a negative. So all in all, you have nothing to worry about any more, so thats only good news

Hope that concludes any worrys you have

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 09-30-2011, 02:45 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post
I couldn't resist taking a rapid HIV test today (28 days after exposure). The result was negative. Should I be encouraged by this or did I just waste my time.
You are actually wasting your time testing at all. You were not exposed to an HIV infection. Buddy, it really is your call on how to deal with this non risk exposure. If it gives you peace of mind to test out then by all means do so. Any test you take, regardless of the time frame will give you exactly the same result.

Kevin.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #7
(male)

csmitty HB User

I truly hope it is a waste of time, but just in case, does anyone know where to get an HIV-PCR-RNA test in the US? What companies/organizations offer those typically? I know it's a lot of money and you will tell me I am wasting it, but I really need an answer here. The PCR Test would be conclusive at 35 days, right?

Also, have any positive guys experienced testicular shrinkage/atrophy during acute infection? It is really giving me a hell of a time and freaking me out about the future.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:43 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

As you have been advised on here and on other HIV forums you are wasting your time and effort there is absolutely no way you could contracted HIV from this. And as you were also advised and are being advised again you should discuss your "scrotum" shrinkage with a doctor, it has absolutely nothing to do with an HIV infection.

You did not have a "exposure" to an HIV infection, period and you pointlessly wasting time, effort and money on this. Find something else to worry about.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

I agree fully with Kevin. But to add a PCR test is a waste of time and more. They do not test for antibodys as such and you would be better of just having another HIV test. The test will be negative as you didnt have a risk.

Im not sure why you still dont understand your situation. Look, you had protected sex, your test id negative. So can i ask why you need to test again?

Old 10-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #10
(male)

csmitty HB User

My symptoms are just too strong to be a coincidence or something else. That's why I think I need to test again. I've racked my brain on what else it could be and seen several doctors, none of whom seem concerned. Got tested for Hep C at 30 days and it came back negative. Syphillis, Gonorreah, Chlamydia all negative... It just seems like there's only one other thing it could be.

I feel incredibly guilty and ashamed. I have a lovely wife. This was my first time stepping out of the relationship in our 7 years together and I really cannot tell you what I was thinking. I'm concerned it was a bipolar manic episode.

I also want to test again because if I pass anything bad onto my wife, I don't think I could live with myself.

Last edited by mod85; 10-08-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Old 10-08-2011, 04:18 PM   #11
(male)

dc5lov3r HB Userdc5lov3r HB Userdc5lov3r HB User

Sounds a lot like guilt/anxiety/stress ordeal and not an STD. Probably be better to talk to a counselor than getting tested for something you don't even have.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:13 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

It is time for you to let this go. Nothing as in absolutely nothing you have posted put you at a risk of an HIV infection. You cannot pass on something you have not got. You should work with your doctors to find out what, if anything, you actually have.

I am sorry, truly, but your guilt and shame does not alter medical science and established facts about HIV. I say this to you out of concern; you should now consider professional help and counseling for your anxiety and phobia issues.

Kevin.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:57 AM   #13
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post
My symptoms are just too strong to be a coincidence or something else. That's why I think I need to test again. I've racked my brain on what else it could be and seen several doctors, none of whom seem concerned. Got tested for Hep C at 30 days and it came back negative. Syphillis, Gonorreah, Chlamydia all negative... It just seems like there's only one other thing it could be.

I feel incredibly guilty and ashamed. I have a lovely wife. This was my first time stepping out of the relationship in our 7 years together and I really cannot tell you what I was thinking. I'm concerned it was a bipolar manic episode.

I also want to test again because if I pass anything bad onto my wife, I don't think I could live with myself.
Look, its quite simple your ONLY issue is guilt. You cheated on your wife, you feel guilty because of that, but please stop wasting peoples time on HIV when you didnt have a risk of HIV. You will be better off spending time with your wife than posting about somthing that cannot be, hence why the doctors are not concerned, you didnt have any risk.. so i dont know what else we can do for you, as you have mental health issues which are far and beyound somthing we can help yu with.

My last post. You cheated, you feel bad, but we all make mistakes. Time to grow up and deal with the situation because your using HIV as a deflection from your guilt. This fantasy on HIV will only last so long, you need to deal with the reality of your guilt.

Best of luck

Old 10-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #14
(male)

csmitty HB User

I am seeking counseling for this issue. And this will be my last post until I get my test at 6 weeks (Thursday)

I had one concern, thought, that smiteler did not respond to my question. I've read his story and my timeline of symptoms seems awful similar to his. As in, ARS almost immediately after sex. But I have yet to wind up in the hospital. My fatigue level is pretty high and I am not concentrating or as coordinated as I once was. My typing, for instance, is taking a lot more effort than it used to with a lot more typos.

Smiteler, do you have any comments on my symptoms?

Old 10-10-2011, 09:53 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

Symptoms mean nothing at all. Symptoms of ARS do not show up that quickly.

I can only repeat what has been said her plenty of times already....you were never at risk for HIV. First, you have no idea whatsoever if this SW even had HIV, she most likely did not, they require condoms to protect them from you not the other way. Second, if she was infected at all does not matter since you used protection. That is what condoms do, protect you from HIV and other STDs.

You need to deal with your guilt on this, as the stress and anxiety from that does not help. Drop the whole HIV thing, you dis not catch it from this encounter. Not being able to find a cause for your symptoms does not automatically mean it is HIV. Your doctors not thinking a bug deal of it should tell you something......

Closed Thread