It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2011, 01:27 AM   #1
(male)

ProteinShake HB User
Symptoms of acute HIV or something else?

I have been sick since last Saturday. I had protected sex with a shemale on the 22 of Sept (Friday night). She briefly gave me a hand job (without the condom) but I also did for her but very very very briefly. I had protected anal sex (with the condom). I also came in it but did not see any breakage of the condom or tears. Also, I did make out with him/her. After I came, I basically pulled out and left.

Anyway, the following symptoms have happened in chronological order:
1) dry throat and thirsty (I think I remember having this BEFORE I had sex which is somewhat an assurance but still...).
2) sore throat (Saturday)
3) sinus congestion (Saturday)
4) I briefly had a white-ish tongue but it was gone before I could notice. This might indicate a bacterial infection.
5) After about five days, I started to cough. It was mild one day but the day after, it started to sound bad. Maybe the infection is spreading to my lungs now after it started in my throat.
6)I woke up tonight drenched in night sweat.

Now I have done a little bit of research. A little back ground about me, I work as a cashier and I also workout a lot as a lifter. So it is possible I may have contracted some bacterial infection or virus from there.

I have no displayed some of the acute HIV infections such as: joint pain, fever (I may have broken into a fever during my night sweat? It's strange in that I will feel hot and cold at some points during the day), rash, nor swollen lymph nodes. This is my observation thus far.

Now it could be Mono, a bacterial infection, a common cold, or something else?

I have already been to the doctor and didn't tell her about my encounter. She probably would have had noticed any symptoms right then and there to detect HIV, right? Probably not since acute HIV infection can also be mistaken for something else.

I have been on Amoxycillion, tylenol, and robitussin.

So what do you guys think? I'm pretty scared if it's HIV. I think I have learned my lesson on this situation though.

*edit* To add, I no longer display a dry throat or any sinus buildup which gave me head aches. I only have a cough, sore throat from coughing, maybe from sinus drainage, and finally these stupid night sweats.

Last edited by ProteinShake; 10-01-2011 at 01:41 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Symptoms of acute HIV or something else?

Nothing you have described put you anywhere near an HIV infection. HIV is only ever transmitted, sexually, inside a human body, when an unprotected penis is inside an anus or vagina. Your "symptoms" do not even remotely resemble ARS symptoms and given your non exposure are certainly not related to an HIV infection. As to what they are, nobody online could tell you this, only a doctor can. Please make an appointment to see one.

Buddy HIV really is out there and if you are going to remain sexually active I would advise you very strongly to take a time out and educate yourself about it. The only way to protect yourself is to educate yourself. This time you were lucky, please do not let luck determine your HIV status in future. If in doubt don’t do it, it is far better to not do something than do it and worry yourself sick later on. It is very easy to protect yourself from an HIV infection, there is no mystery to it, always condom up. You should, as matter of course have regular sexual health check ups, at least once yearly.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 10-01-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Closed Thread