It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
(male)

SOparanoyd HB User
hiv test at 8 weeks

i did a test at 8 weeks(56days) (with MEIA method), for HIV 1-2 antibodies, and antigen p24 HIV-1, and came back negative,

some say that after 8 weeks its pretty conclusive at 80% 90% 95% 99%...., but im still really scared that it might not be true PLUS lots of people say lots of things...so not sure what to believe.

just wanted to know if anyone know what they are talking about?..like is it true that i dont have to worry to test again(thinking of testing at 11 weeks,...by the way, does it change anything 11 to 12 or 13 weeks?)

i did a test at 5 weeks wich was negative, 8 weeks at an std clinic wich was also negative,..is it conclusive??..i am still worried!!!!...i dont know if the 8 weeks are good enough! please help...

Last edited by SOparanoyd; 10-13-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:37 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: hiv test at 8 weeks

We do tend to know what we are talking about, but the problem lies when people just end up in a panic state and dont listen to the advise, which their is little we can do.

You didnt need to test as you had no risk.
You have taken 2 tests when proved you dont have HIV.

Do you need to test again NO. Its up to you if you do, but it will be negative.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2011, 12:58 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Buddy, given the fact that your actions did not even put you are a risk of an HIV infection, any test you take will be very accurate. No matter how many or when you test they will all be the same, negative.

Kevin.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #4
(male)

SOparanoyd HB User

please , i know my question are not worth answering...but it is realy for my peace of mind, why did i start having this symptoms, even it all fits together such as the timeline( 1 month after the event.. i started having small lymph node that i never felt before..and they kept on appearin on place to another) and other symptoms similar to hiv,....is mucus in poo and my urine somtimes cloudy,nausea,(sound in my stomach for weeks) and green phlegm mucus in throat (repeating myself) joint and muscle pain,headaches,sometimes aches in ears, stiff neck i guess..pretty much alot of things ( do bacteria or viruses make lymph node appear one after another or at the same time?..stupid question i know)

( i went to doctor they said theres nothing wrong)...please i would realy like someone to help me..s..

i would like to know what could have cause me to feel and have these symptoms..the clinics did not find anything, so why would i have these symptoms?

Old 10-14-2011, 10:42 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Your nodes were not enlarged belive me. If they were you would have been at the hospital. They swell as big as golf balls !!, and im sure yours didnt

Well its not HIV thats for sure or std' as all your tests have come back negative. Your doctor has checked you out, which is the correct thing to do if your concerned, and he said your fine.

So their is little more we can do for you if certainly your doctor has checked you out and said all is well. You can of course see another doctor for a second opinion, but honestly i think you just got a little bug and thats it. The rest is in your head buddy because we all get those things happening to us.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 10-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #6
(male)

SOparanoyd HB User

this bug? what do you mean? does it go away by itself or should i return to the clinic, because i realy dont find this normal. by the way lymph nodes are the things you can move around right? that you can feel under your skin? like bean-sized shape?

Old 10-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Bean shape is normal. When they are the size of a golf balls see a doctor. Read Booth's thread below. He had unprotected anal sex and his results are negative. You have a concern of protected sex with somone who really more than likley dosnt have HIV. Your over reacting over nothing, booth had a real risk and with the same symptoms you had, came back negative, but more so only posted 5 times.. You have posted way more over nothing. Time for you to understand and maybe calm down and read what people have posted, because i cannot see what else i can be said.

My last post, so best of luck.

Old 10-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOparanoyd View Post
this bug? what do you mean? does it go away by itself or should i return to the clinic, because i realy dont find this normal.
There is nothing the clinic can do for you, as this is not STD or HIV related . It is kinda normal, almost everyone on this planet has some ache or ailment going on at many points in their lives.

It could be anything causing you to feel what you feel. A common virus, cold, flu, food or other sensitivies or allergies, anxiety, or any combo of those things. Just happened to happen after your encounter, but has nothing to do with it, at least from STD/HIV.

Closed Thread