It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2011, 06:03 AM   #1
(male)

vbn123 HB User
very worried.. please help

Hello all,
I am from India and was on a Europe tour. In Brussels, there is a red light district similar to the one in Amsterdam... and I, unfortunately, made the decision of visiting it. One of the girls lured me so much, I walked in.
This was the first time, I ever had sex with some one other than my wife.

I have been aware of usage of condoms...and I thought this would definitely help in preventing HIV spread.

The CSW was even more pro active and before I inisted on the condom, she opened a new one and rolled it on my penis. She refused to kiss, which inturn was good for me.

She did a 40 sec oral and then with the same condom on, I did a 30 sec vaginal penetration.

While she rolled the condom on, there was some gap between the tip of the penis and the tip of the condom and this looked like a bubble. When I pulled out, the condom looked very much intact with the bubble as well, but only filled with serum. I tried checking the tip of the condom for any breaks, I could not find any. She also confirmed it is fine.

But no one can gauge the minute holes in a condom if at all. I also don't kno if condom breakeage can go un noticied.

So, I am worried. Guys please help me. Also, do I stand any chance of any other STDs. I didn't kiss her. And my penis was inside a condom all the time.

Thanks

Old 10-31-2011, 09:04 AM   #2
(male)

vbn123 HB User
Re: very worried.. please help

Guys.. somebody please help me.. am getting nervous...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
(male)

onelovelove HB Useronelovelove HB User

Hey man,

I think you are 99.99% fine.

first, you could still see the bubble after you finished off which means it is air-tight - no break.

second, the duration of the penetration is relatively too short for infection to take place. Given the duration, even if you did not wear the condom and she is hiv positive, your chance is still extremely low.

third, you did not have some weird symptoms that may indicate an initial infection. Greater than 70% of new infections have ARS symptoms.

Please see my other post. I am more scared than you are.
If i were you, i would not lose any sleep over it.

The Following User Says Thank You to onelovelove For This Useful Post:
vbn123 (10-31-2011)
Old 10-31-2011, 09:54 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbn123 View Post
Guys.. somebody please help me.. am getting nervous...
Calm down...

Condoms are 100% safe from protecting again HIV when used correctly. The CSW's know how to use them and dont want to put themselves at risk, so they are very carfull. That said they are tested every month for std's and HIV.

If the condom had broken then you would have been left with a ribber ring around your penis, as that ddint happen you have nothing to worry about. Condoms dont have holes, they either work or they fail.

So, no risk no worrys, hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The following user gives a hug of support to Apollo123:
vbn123 (10-31-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
vbn123 (10-31-2011)
Old 10-31-2011, 10:23 AM   #5
(male)

vbn123 HB User

Hi Apollo,
1. Considering the fact that the air buuble was still there...should it mean that the condom was perfect?
2. If the answer for the question no 1 is "yes", am I 100% safe?

Thanks a lot

Old 10-31-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Buddy your questions have already been answered. Regardless of an air bubble, if the condom was used correctly and did not burst you are 100% safe against an HIV infection. No matter what spin you put on it, protected sex is exactly that, protected. You were not at risk of an HIV infection.

Kevin.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Hi Apollo,
1. Considering the fact that the air buuble was still there...should it mean that the condom was perfect?
2. If the answer for the question no 1 is "yes", am I 100% safe?

Thanks a lot
Yup it was fine, as it didnt break, and yes 100% safe

As kevin said, you had protected sex, so all is well

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 10-31-2011, 11:34 PM   #8
(male)

vbn123 HB User

Thanks a lot guys....Do I need to test for HIV? Do I need to test for any other STDs, considering that I haven't even kissed her and the only acts that were done were protected Oral on me and protected vaginal insertion.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:31 AM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

No testing for HIV at all. STD's again i see no point really.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:19 AM   #10
(male)

vbn123 HB User

Guys, This is the 8th day since my exposure.. I have started picking up mild sore throat.. a bit of pain in the throat... I already have cold...
I understand that using a condom is a perfect protection from HIV, but these symptoms are driving me crazy. You know, mind is such a devil.

Is it ever possible that the condom has failed and one has not noticed it? I know some discussion happened in "Onelovelove's" thread... Does the condom essentially burst in case of a failure?

Thanks a lot guys for your help....

Old 11-06-2011, 11:13 AM   #11
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Guys, This is the 8th day since my exposure.. I have started picking up mild sore throat.. a bit of pain in the throat... I already have cold...

You didnt have an exposure, you had protected sex.

I understand that using a condom is a perfect protection from HIV, but these symptoms are driving me crazy. You know, mind is such a devil.

Indeed they do, so you just have the flu or simular, it is the season for them

Is it ever possible that the condom has failed and one has not noticed it? I know some discussion happened in "Onelovelove's" thread... Does the condom essentially burst in case of a failure?

When a condom fails it is just like a burst balloon and the only thing left on your penis would be the rubber ring. So no, it ddint burst and your fine, you cannot get HIV from what you did.

It sounds like your concerned, but i belive its more guilt ridden than HIV. You made a mistake, we all do but its time try and forget about this and move on if your life buddy, try not to worry anymore

Hope that helps

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
vbn123 (11-07-2011)
Old 11-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:

if you do not feel good
go seek out a doctors help.
you should not have any hiv concerns at all.
if you still do,professional help might be what you need as
your problem starts to become a mental problem and not an hiv problem.
you should have no problem with hiv.
good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to smiteler For This Useful Post:
vbn123 (11-07-2011)
Old 11-07-2011, 12:50 AM   #13
(male)

vbn123 HB User

Guys, really thanks a lot for the comfort. Before I put my fears to rest, I got one more question, probably a stupid one, as it sounds stupid to me as well, but somehow this question crept into my mind.

When the CSW was doing oral, it was rough in some periods. Is there a chance that her teeth might have torn some parts of the upper layer of the condom? Even though the condom didn't burst whihle doing vaginal, is it possible that those tears on the upper layer would cause some problem, in case such tears can be formed?

Thanks once again....

Old 11-07-2011, 01:57 AM   #14
Facilitator
(male)

Hiya, thats ok. Its a question that gets asked a lot and its a normal concern. The good news is that its NOT possible buddy. If their is any damage to a condom even a small hole the hole thing would burst and look like a burst balloon. So you had nothing to worry about, the condom was intact, so all is well

Hope that helps

Old 11-07-2011, 04:47 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
Guys, really thanks a lot for the comfort. Before I put my fears to rest, I got one more question, probably a stupid one, as it sounds stupid to me as well, but somehow this question crept into my mind.

When the CSW was doing oral, it was rough in some periods. Is there a chance that her teeth might have torn some parts of the upper layer of the condom? Even though the condom didn't burst whihle doing vaginal, is it possible that those tears on the upper layer would cause some problem, in case such tears can be formed?

Thanks once again....
you will not catch hiv from oral sex
so the question of if the condom was damaged or not
does not matter as it has no bearing on the outcome.
you should still have no hiv concerns

Closed Thread