It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
(male)

kas12144 HB User
Unhappy Will I get HIV ??? very anxious, Can anyone help me??

Hello, I am Bi and I have an unprotected oral sex with a male, and I have a slight cut, but almost heal in my mouth when i do the oral sex for him.

Its my first sex experience, so I am very worried.

I do the oral sex for him at October, 9, 2011. Even though, he said he is negative, I still did not trust him, and I am afraid that I might be infected by HIV. He claim that he is HIV negative, and he did not come in my mouth. and he says his last check up was in May 2011, and he got a negative result. He also says that he has use condom after May 2011 when he has sexual intercourse with other men.

So I went to a lab to get HIV-1 DNA and HIV-1 Antibody test 21 days after exposure.
And I get negative for HIV-1 DNA (PCR) test,
and <1.00 HIV-1 Antibody(negative) result.
HIV 1/O/2 Abs, Qual and I get non-reactive(negative) result.

Is this test result reliable enough? Or I need any further test to make sure I have been infected by HIV or not?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Will I get HIV ??? very anxious, Can anyone help me??

to begin with
oral sex is not a way you get infected
the cut wouldn't matter either way.
so you should expect to test out negative
no matter what time period you wait out.
you will be fine
good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

You didnt need to test as Oral is no risk of HIV. Their are at least 10 threads like this every week. the same question, the same answer the same out come ( HIV negative )

Honestly buddy, if you had any risk we would tell you, you havnt so please do not worry

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 11-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #4
(male)

kas12144 HB User

Thanks for your response.

But, I want to know is DNA PCR test reliable at all? because there are information online saying is not a approved testing method.

Just for peace of mind, should i get retested?

Old 11-11-2011, 12:15 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas12144 View Post

But, I want to know is DNA PCR test reliable at all? because there are information online saying is not a approved testing method.

If you want to test for peace of mind then use a standard antobody test. These test's are the only approved way of testing. PCR are very expense and do not confirm your HIV status.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 11-11-2011, 06:34 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:

They are not approve for HIV diagnostics, they are a test used to monitor viral loads in HIV positive patients. Any result from one of these should be confirmed by an HIV antibody test which is the only test that is approved for HIV diagnostics. Since you did not even have an exposure to HIV you do not even need to test ,so the result of this test for you is conclusive. You do not have an HIV concern other than the one you are fabricating in your own mind. You have no need for any further testing.

If you want to test for peace of mind, please go ahead. You will get exactly the same result regardless of what test you take.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 11-11-2011 at 06:36 AM.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #7
(male)

kas12144 HB User

Thank u Apollo123,

I have already do the DNA PCR test 21 days after exposure, how long should I wait to do the standard HIV antibody test?? I have read something on the Internet, they said that 6 weeks is long enough for the wait, if I have already do the DNA PCR test 21 days after exposure.

Also, I have also found information online saying that a DNA PCR test will be 100% accurate after 60 days.

Are these information true??

Old 11-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

The PCR test are very accurate indeed and they are used a lot in the UK by private clinics. The clinic will also tell them they need to follow up with a test ( antibody ). The PCR test checks for the virus itself, not the antibodys.

You can test at 4 weeks with a 4th generation test or 6 weeks with any. The combination of both will be good enough, certainly in your case

Hope that helps

Old 12-03-2011, 08:43 AM   #9
(male)

kas12144 HB User

Hi everyone, My exposure is at 10/9, and I do a PCR DNA testing with a Antibody test and I get a negative result. So I waited till the 7th week, and i do a finger point tests by myself. I still got a negative result. Is this result reliable enough?

Thanks you all

Old 12-03-2011, 08:57 AM   #10
Facilitator
(male)

The combination of both tests at this time scale and the fact didn't have any risk of HIV is yes conclusive enough to prove you do not have HIV

Hope that helps

Old 12-03-2011, 06:43 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
Hi everyone, My exposure is at 10/9, and I do a PCR DNA testing with a Antibody test and I get a negative result. So I waited till the 7th week, and i do a finger point tests by myself. I still got a negative result. Is this result reliable enough?

Thanks you all
a test at 6 weeks time is considered 99% accurate in many places
you do not have hiv..
good luck

Closed Thread