It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
(male)

bucko007 HB User
Scared!!

Thanks to anyone that will listen,

Okay here goes - two years ago I had a possible hiv exposure in thailand, 8 months later I find myself browsing the net and reading about HIV and I come across all these articles on HIV ARS. Then it hits me, I recalled being emtremely taken by fever and fatigue whilst I was in thailand about 2-3 weeks after my possible exposure. At the time I went to the doc and he told me I had acute viral infection with bronchitis by symptoms and signs which I think was horse **** as I don’t really recall a sore chest or respitory symptoms. This really bothered me for a while but at the same time i was too scared to get tested and was reassured by friends that it was no big deal and that chance of meeting someone there with hiv on top of the chances of actually contracting it from two encounters was slim. My stress and anxiety then passed and life went on until a few months ago when I had a huge infected acne like pimple on the back of my head that was all pussed up. I went to squeeze it one day and noticed another large bump right beside it on the back off my head, it went down in size in like two weeks but has been there for months. Its a tiny lump hard and fixed at the back of my head. Recently I also have been have some neurological issues where ive developed a slight postural tremor and seem to shake when i tense any muscle. I went to the Doctor and neurologist about that issue and the lymph node and she diagnosed me with essential tremor and action tremor. They both took blood tests from me and everything appeared normal. Blood cell counts were all normal in both tests also. I have done nothing but stress to the point where I can think of nothing else but my health. I do believe I have an anxiety issues and have had a few panic episodes in the past, but this weeks sequence of discoveries has sent me over the edge.

Just this week when I was in the shower I noticed another swollen lymph node on the left side of my upper groin, it is also hard and fixed around the size of a pea! I can feel this on my right side so I'm guess it for sure is swollen. After this I started panicking checking and checking my body to find yet another swollen node on the left side of my jawline. it is also had but not fixed and a little tender it is about half the size of a pea! I am now stressing like crazy, feeling body twitches, buzzing in my feet, at work all i do is surf the net looking for answers.

1) Can extreme stress and anxiety be causing my lymph node issue and neurological problems?
2) If my HIV exposure was two years ago would it be safe to say my blood work being normal is promising?
3)Do you think Im just driving myself mad?
3)is muscle shaking common in hiv after 2 years?
4) I recently had a infected pimple or cut inside my nose that was extremely painful, could this explain the lymth node at the side of my jaw on the same side, this infection has passed but node is still there?
5) Can a lymph node in the groin just appear for no reason?

I am going back home for Christmas this year for my first time in 4 years so really dont want to find out if I have HIV until after the Christmas break. Its the last thing I need. I plan on getting tested for sure in the January. I am not stupid and will not be putting anyone at risk with having ANY unsafe sex in the meantime.

If anybody could shed some light on anything related to this I would be so happy to hear this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Scared!!

your symptoms cannot be used to diagnose hiv
the only way you are going to get sure answers is by testing.
what kind of exposure did you have?

Old 11-23-2011, 08:09 AM   #3
(male)

bucko007 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiteler View Post
your symptoms cannot be used to diagnose hiv
the only way you are going to get sure answers is by testing.
what kind of exposure did you have?

Hi there,

My exposure was unprotected sex with a Thai girl. Non-sex worker! I have been under extreme stress lately so maybe this has caused some of my recent symptoms. My swollen node on my neck has been there for months and started off big and now is less than half the size of a pea. My groin node is the size of a pea but very hard to find, both node are both fixed and hard. I have test booked mid January when I get back from Christmas break! Do you still think odds are in my favor?

Old 11-24-2011, 01:23 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

You can have a rapid test that will give you results within 15 minutes, this for me will answer all your questions with a factual answer,

Best of luck

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Closed Thread