It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2011, 08:02 AM   #1
(male)

OhMegaRed HB User
Chance of catching HIV with protected sex?

When condom stays on and doesn't tear? Anyone? I've got a high fever, boiling up, face is hot and neck and groin glands are swollen and painful,, 4-6 weeks after exposure

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Feelbadbad HB UserFeelbadbad HB User
Re: Chance of catching HIV with protected sex?

Condom protected 80-97% so the chance tear is possible but rear. As for symptoms it can cause of anything. I alway use protection when I have sex with someone I don't know and get test later on for a piece of mind. I know I don't need to test but my mind play trick on me all the time and it alway win. If you worry that the symptom may cause by HIV than get test and stop worry! But I think your test will be negative! Let me know the result if you do get test which I don't recommend but only do it for a piece of mind. Rather test than turn yourself worry and crazy!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Condoms are 100% effective at protecting from HIV when used correctly, not the figures quoted above.
If your condom didn't break then you will not be at risk of HIV fact. If it did tear the condom would be like burst balloon and not on your penis.
You have no need to test at all.

I hope that is clear and eases any worrys

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Last edited by Apollo123; 11-26-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
(male)

dunwitty HB Userdunwitty HB User

^
So, basically you would know for sure when a condom breaks then?

Old 11-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwitty View Post
^
Yes as the condom wouldn't look like a condom or in most cases you will be left with ring around your penis

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
FeelingGuilty18 (11-29-2011)
Old 11-26-2011, 12:39 PM   #6
(male)

OhMegaRed HB User

Thanks guys, can any1 say what I do have from the symptoms I have?

Old 11-26-2011, 12:50 PM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

No that's impossible, you should see your doctor of they continue, but it could just be the flu buddy, I can say it's not HIV so that's one thing you rule out.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:46 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwitty View Post
^
Had you been wearing a condom and had it failed you would know immediately, as would your partner. Condoms are designed to fail catastrophically and leave no doubt that they have failed.

Buddy the fact you are even asking if a condom failed says it did not. If used correctly they offer 100% protection against an HIV infection.

You did not have an HIV exposure and whatever is wrong with you, if anything, is not HIV related.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 11-26-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #9
(male)

OhMegaRed HB User

Are you guys able to say if swollen glands in my neck and groin at the same time are symptoms of a flu or cold? It's causing major discomfort an my doctors an idiot

Last edited by Mod-S4; 03-12-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:05 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMegaRed View Post
Are you guys able to say if swollen glands in my neck and groin at the same time are symptoms of a flu or cold?
the best way to figuring it out
is with a doctor.
it does not sound like it is hiv related to me...

Old 11-28-2011, 10:01 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Are you guys able to say if swollen glands in my neck and groin at the same time are symptoms of a flu or cold? It's causing major discomfort an my doctors an idiot
Buddy if you feel that way find another doctor. Nobody online can offer you an online diagnosis of anything based on what you describe. It is impossible and would simply be a guess. Your health should never be guessed at. Having ailments that are of concern and then refusing to see a doctor about because you don't like him is not really in your own interest. Your health is your responibilty.

Please see a doctor, preferably one that you do like and have a face to face where a real examination and real tests can be carried out .

Kevin.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:45 AM   #12
(male)

OhMegaRed HB User

I meant it as in he wouldn't see me and get the receptionist to turn away anyone who doesn't look ill
I've got to see him today though and he has prescribed me some pencillin. After a quick check up he did say its very unusual for groin glands and neck glands to swell at the same time. Will give it 2 weeks as recommended for glands to return to normal

Old 11-29-2011, 08:05 AM   #13
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
I can understand how you feel, since it took ages to get my doctor to sort somthing out ( well he didnt ) In the end i went to a walk in clinic and then changed my doctor, one of the best decsions ive made.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #14
(male)

OhMegaRed HB User

4 and a half months later, Inguinal glands still swollen, and suffering from fatigue.. Will have a saliva test within the next week as I hate needles and blood. Really concerned and not looking forward to the results really hope it is not reactive

Old 03-13-2012, 12:54 AM   #15
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
4 and a half months later, Inguinal glands still swollen, and suffering from fatigue.. Will have a saliva test within the next week as I hate needles and blood. Really concerned and not looking forward to the results really hope it is not reactive
You had protected sex, so should you be concerned, NO

Closed Thread