It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
(male)

Albert76 HB User
Tonsillitis is ARS symptom??

Hi...

I had tonsillitis(begin with right side) at 26 day after possible exposure. Just start with one small white dot on tonsil, no pain, no sore throat, no fever, just nothing else. Immediately i went to doctor and got my antibiotics. After 3 to 4 days, the white spot disapper and become recover. Then after 6 week exposure, the white dot appear again on right side. This time i went see doctor and get stronger antibiotics. In one day, right side white dot disappear. However the next day, white dot start to appear in left side of tonsil. After the next day, become 3 to 4 white dot in left side only. After 3 days taken of strong antibiotics, all white spot disappear and recover. Also no fever, no rash, no swollen lymph.....

My question are:
1) Is my tonsillitis cause by bacteria, not viral infection? Is tonsillitis a common symptom of ARS?
2) My symptom look like ARS symptoms? Although no fever, no rash, no headance, no swollen gland nodes

Thanks and appreciate if you guys can help to answer.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Tonsillitis is ARS symptom??

What was your exposure

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
paulken (02-03-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

No, tonsillitis is not a symptom of primary HIV infection. Your tonsils have absolutely nothing to do with HIV.

Your "symptoms " look absolutely nothing like ARS symptoms. As Apollo as asked, what exactly was your exposure?

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 12-01-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
(male)

Albert76 HB User

Thanks guy for your kind reply.

It was unprotected vaginal intercource with CSW( 2 to 3 times in one night) Today is my 7th week, plan to do hiv test on 8th week.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

In which case you may have put yourself at a risk of an HIV infection, I stress they word may.

Mate HIV is not diagnosed by symptoms or signs, it is diagnosed by an HIV test. Given the fact you may have put yourself at risk a test is a wise move. If you get a negative result at eight weeks it is extremely unlikely to change at 12 weeks, which is the official window period.

Condoms really are your best friend, please use them in future.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 12-01-2011 at 04:19 PM.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #6
(male)

Albert76 HB User

Hi Kelvin

I fully understand and agree what you said and i really regret on what i did. Thats was my first time and never do that again.

Thanks and wish me good luck.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:24 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

You have my best wishes and I only wish I could offer you more but unfortunately I cannot. The only comfort I can offer you is it is not a foregone conclusion. HIV is an extremely difficult virus to transmit from person to person and more so from a female to a male. Of course it depends on the fact she actually had HIV which to be honest is extremely unlikely. Please do us a favour of keeping us to date with how you make out.

I wish you all the best.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 12-01-2011 at 04:35 PM. Reason: added

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
Albert76 (12-01-2011)
Old 12-01-2011, 05:01 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

you cannot read into your symptoms and try to connect them to hiv
they simply are not reliable enough.
you had a risk and the only sure way you will know
the answer to what if?
is by getting yourself tested.
so you really cannot all worked up over anything
until you find out answers by getting tested and working with a doctor.
good luck with the test.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

As Kevin has said, symptoms do not and never will give an indication of your status. For peace of mind a test now will be very conclusive of your status..

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 12-02-2011, 01:22 AM   #10
(male)

Albert76 HB User

Yes, I had a risk which the only way to confirm is by hiv test. I know that ARS symptoms are not reliable enough or to give good indication of infections. No matter what symptopms, we all should go for test if expose to risk.

But at least when we know that our symptoms are not look like what others commonly have, we feel much better and reduce our panic. Bcs we feel our chances will slightly lesser(mentally thought) and our anxiety will reduce. That's why I (i believe many others as well) put a post here.

That girl told me she had regular medical check up every 3 month, hopefully she is negative......

Old 12-02-2011, 01:50 AM   #11
Facilitator
(male)

anxiety and symptom guessing creates more anxiety and symptoms from it. Its a circle of destruction thats for sure. facts and testing are and always will be the way to go forward to ease the concerns.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:49 AM   #12
(male)

onelovelove HB Useronelovelove HB User

I began having a low grade fever, night sweat, sore throat, swollen lymph node and rashes(on the belly more than 15 which would go down in 1 night) 2 days after exposure (twice protected sex with very low end CSW in 3 days ). Some symptoms had lasted for more than 3 months including the low grade fever and sore throat. I do not make up the symptoms to impress other people but for the last few months, I was 100% convinced that I have HIV. With the supports I had got here, I finally picked up the courage to get tested at the end of 12th week and it is negative. These symptoms were so long and unprecendented that it would probably scare everyone even the one who has worn a condom. So I guess it is safe to say that only testings can review whether or not a person is infected. Your case reminds me of another user here who is also from singapore and has had numerous unprotected sex with CSW and he ended up having a lot of symptoms similiar to mine. Guess what? he was negative beyond 6 months (if i recall correctly) and happily married.

Last edited by onelovelove; 12-02-2011 at 04:56 AM.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:53 PM   #13
(male)

Albert76 HB User

Hi Kelvin

I have no doubt of your HIV knowledge/expertise. About your statement of tonsillitis is NOT an ARS sysmptoms, just wondering, what make you to said that, given the fact that tonsils is part of our immune system. Some online website info saying tonsillitis could be one of ARS symptoms.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #14
Inactive
(male)

Buddy, when HIV infects somebody it does not cause immediate damage to the immune system. The damage that HIV causes to the immune system takes years and eventually leads to AIDS. Anybody who is infected with HIV will not notice the slightest difference to their immune system at first. AIDS is caused by the HI virus breaking down the cells of the immune system, it takes years, not weeks. As your own body produces antibodies to the HIV infection the virus itself responds by hiding in your immune system. Here it continues to multiply and cause serious damage. Once this damage as occurred an immune system is unable to cope with opportunistic infections resulting in serious illness and even death. This does not happen within weeks of an HIV infection.

Anybody who tells you that damage to an immune system is a symptom of a primary HIV infection is wrong. Tonsillitis is not a symptom of a primary HIV infection.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 12-02-2011 at 04:15 PM.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert76 View Post
Some online website info saying tonsillitis could be one of ARS symptoms.
it could be...
as far as i know it isn't one.
just because you have it or anything else for that matter,
cannot indicate or be the indicator if you have hiv or not.

a test can only do that.

you can't use symptoms as a tool for hiv diagnostics
you do not seem to grasp this basic fact....

Last edited by smiteler; 12-02-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Closed Thread