It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2011, 02:08 AM   #1
(male)

worriedasian HB User
Confused About Online Information

Hi,

I have been trying to find proper information online about HIV & Oral Sex, but what is out there got me really confused. All I got were contradicting opinions.

As you can see from my username, I come from South East Asia. I am uncircumcised. About 2 weeks ago, I visited a sex worker for the very first time, and got unprotected oral sex performed on me, leading to protected vaginal intercourse.

What I'm worried about is the risk involved having unprotected oral sex performed on me. Being uncircumcised, there certainly was a tear leading to a sore on my foreskin (have not been having sex for some time, causing the foreskin to be "tight") while being "blown" on. Not too certain if she has cuts or blisters/ulcers in her mouth or otherwise. This coupled with the fact that the sex worker originated from a country with a high population rate being infected with HIV.

Appreciate it if someone can enlighten me with solid reasoning if oral sex (receiving and performing) is no risk, low risk or risky, and the chances of contracting HIV through what has happened. I am really worried, and conflicting reports and information on the internet is not helping.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Confused About Online Information

if you are soo confused
instead of relying on different peoples opinions
why don't you get yourself tested and get a concrete answer in that way???

nobody has ever been confirmed to be infected in that manner
no matter what opinions you read about it!!!!!!!

he is my first hand experiance.
i have hiv
i was with my gf for over a year before i was infected
i had many episodes of unprotected oral with her during that year
i always used a condom for vaginal sex
i did not get hiv.
the first time i did not use a condom for vaginal sex
i got infected...
do the math...

The Following User Says Thank You to smiteler For This Useful Post:
worriedasian (01-02-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2011, 06:51 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Confused About Online Information

Oral sex carrys no risk of HIV transmission. Plenty of gay couples where one partner is HIV postive the other negative, continue to have unprotected oral sex and the negative status dose not change.

HIV needs near perfect contditions to replicate and the mouth is not a good enviroment for that as it has over a dozen emzymes that make the virus inactive.

So to conclude, you had no risk of HIV and more than likley they didnt have HIV in thye first place

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
worriedasian (01-02-2012)
Closed Thread