It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
(male)

CgWildcat HB User
Can anyone calm my paranoia?

Let me start out by saying I am a 22 year old gay male. I just wanted to give my short story to see who an help me calm my paranoia. I have done extensive reading on this site and others. Here goes:

I had an HIV test in June of 2011 and another one a few days ago on the 28th of Dec 2011. Both tests were negative.

My limited sexual history involves only one really high risk act, unprotected receptive anal sex, which occurred over a year ago. And a handful of unprotected oral sex both receptive and insertive, only once was ejaculation involved.

My last encounter was 2 weeks ago. Again, no semen was in the mouth nor swallowed, and I just tested negative a few days ago. I do realize there is the "window period." I also do not have bleeding gums, or sores of any kind in my mouth.

But I am still paranoid, I realize my risk is very low, probably theoretical, but I still can't help being worried. Should I go back at the 3 month period and get another HIV test, just to be sure? I do not plan on engaging in anymore sexual activity in the near future.

I realize this has been beaten to death, but any comments are welcome. Cheers!

Old 12-31-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
(male)

RSoxfan HB User
Re: Can anyone calm my paranoia?

Yes, if I were you I would advise you to get tested again in three months. You need to wear a condom and your partners need to wear one also. Oral sex is low risk, but there is a risk. There are flavored condoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Happy new year.

Your correct it's a topic that is very popular, but quite simple. Oral sex is not a route of HIV transmission. I've never know a case from it I don't believe I will any time soon.

So be assured, your risk is not worth the worry and I would not give it a second thought.

Relax all is fine.

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 12-31-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
(male)

CgWildcat HB User

Happy New Year to you as well, from across the pond. Thank you for your response. I realize I am being pretty silly for being paranoid, the more I read the more I get. Anyways, thanks again.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

go out and find things to do to keep yourself occupied,
then you will have less time to worry about things
that are just not going to happen.
good luck and happy new year

Closed Thread