It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
(male)

coryconner HB User
Unhappy i need answers about symptoms. im very scared

I've had a few symptoms that scare me into thinking I might have hiv. Lately the most persistant symptom is my bowel movement. Sometimes when I eat my stomach makes weird noises. and my poo is soft most the time .... never really watery but real soft...this has been going on for a few yrs now...

I remember like 5 years ago also, I noticed my skin started to peel a lot on my palms and the inside of my hand. I never really got it checked or anything it kind of just went away after some time and never came back since.

Can someone tell me if these are immediate signs of hiv aids through their personal experience? I'm scared because I have a 2 yr old son and a girlfriend I have unprotected sex with and if I am hiv positive thats means I've dragged them into this as well and I'm extremely scared and don't know what to do....someone please help me

Old 01-23-2012, 01:03 AM   #2
(male)

coryconner HB User
Re: i need answers about symptoms. im very scared

Also I would like to say that the possibility of hiv was brought to my attention recently when it just feels like everyday is dragging and I don't have the motivation I once used to, and this stomach problem isn't going away....can someone help me out here and maybe even ask questions that I can answer as well? Thanks guys....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2012, 02:58 AM   #3
(female)

sfranklin1984 HB User

i can think of a million reasons for your symptoms completely unrelated to HIV and consistent with many other common conditions... nevertheless, the fear you have is real and you MUST get an HIV test ASAP, if for nothing else but to clear you mind.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Your symptoms are not typical of HIV in anyway or form.

What risk did you have to think you were exposed to HIV and when was it?

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 01-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
(male)

coryconner HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Your symptoms are not typical of HIV in anyway or form.

What risk did you have to think you were exposed to HIV and when was it?

Well I always think about this one time. First time I've ever had unprotected sex it was about 8 yrs ago with a woman about 5 yrs older than me. I was young and stupid, only knew her for about 2 weeks. she moved away shortly after I havnt heard of her, from her or about her since. .... but I know you can go without symtoms for a while...I'm just scared and confeused I've. Been thinking a lot about it lately thanks for the response guys

Old 01-23-2012, 08:56 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

If its that long ago then it would be unlikey that you would have not been quite ill at some stage and had a test by a hospital. Lets not forget, only 1% of the population have HIV so its unlikley she even had HIV to begin with.

Personally i would say your fine, but for peace of mind you can take a rapid test that will give you results within 10 minutes.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 02-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #7
(female)

Mzscared HB User

Going through the same thing kind of

Old 02-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzscared View Post
Going through the same thing kind of
then you should get tested
you have nothing to be afraid of and
it is the best thing you could do.

Closed Thread