It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
(male)

oralblowjob HB User
Exclamation Please Help:Received Blow Job

Hi All,

I am a straight male, 27 yrs old. I received a blow job today. It lasted only a minute, as I was skeptical about that consequences. I really dont think if I pre-****** in her mouth. I have washed my penis(even the opening) with a hand wash as well as a hand sanitizer that reads "kills 99.9% germs". I skimmed through the internet to find that there is a chance of contracting HIV from oral sex. I doubt if she has AIDS or not. But, what are the chances of me contracting HIV by receiving the blow job. I don't have any cuts or sores on my penis. However, I have tiny penile papules. Someone, please help me.. I have been breaking my head for the last 10 hours.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
(male)

oralblowjob HB User
Re: Please Help:Received Blow Job

Hi,

Could someone suggest as to what my next step should be... I am getting married in about 2 weeks time. To be honest, I don't want to risk my would-be's life for my mistake....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

Relax, there is zero risk for HIV from oral sex. It can be a theoretical risk, which would involve rather odd things like a tremendous amount of blood in the mouth. In the 30+ years of HIV, there has not been a single confirmed case of HIV contracted through oral sex alone. It requires unprotected vaginal or anal sex, IV needles or breast milk to be transmitted.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

What to do next, nothing. In 30 years of study of HIV transmission, oral sex has been proved as not a risk of transmission. Their are over 500 threads like this every year, and not once has their been a case of HIV from oral sex, and not to mention the 30 years of study.

So, relax, you had no risk of HIV and not to mention it's very unlikey they even had HIV in the first place.

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 01-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

As you were told, HIV is not a realistic possibility. However, just so you know, other STDs may be transmitted through receiving oral sex (although not nearly as efficiently as vaginal or anal sex). However, this is beyond the scope of this forum.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #6
(male)

oralblowjob HB User

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for the quick replies. I just confirmed with her if she had any recent ailments and she said she got typhoid recently and a blood test was done to confirm it. She said, she had nothing other than Typhoid. Generally, would a normal blood test confirm HIV? She dint have any visible blood in her mouth yesterday when I received the BJ. However, my concern is that I was diagnosed with having mild Typhoid 10 days back and on medication since then. Does this anyway increase the chance of HIV contraction? I have tiny penile papules on my Penis. I dint notice any rupture after the brief BJ.

Based on the above criteria, would you all suggest me to get tested?

Old 01-26-2012, 11:58 PM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

The only way to confirm HIV is to take a HIV test, so the test she had will not tell you of her status.
So you question is, does having typhiod increase the risk of HIV, well no.

Look, im 99% sure she dosnt have HIV, only 1% of the population does.
The main point you have ingnored, is that having oral sex is not a risk of HIV. To explain.

The saliva in her mouth has over a dozen emzymes and protiens that make the virus inactive, so you cannot get HIV due to that. Now if saliva was a risk then so would kissing be, as kissing is not a risk neither can oral sex be a risk of that basis. Now their would be no blood in he mouth unless she just had her teeth pulled out, so again their cannot be a route of transmission, so no risk.

HIV needs to get into your blood stream for you to be at risk and its quiet clear that could not have happned, so on that basis, its quiet clear you were not at risk.

Hope that helps and clears up any concerns you had.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 01-27-2012, 02:44 AM   #8
(male)

oralblowjob HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
The only way to confirm HIV is to take a HIV test, so the test she had will not tell you of her status.
So you question is, does having typhiod increase the risk of HIV, well no.

Look, im 99% sure she dosnt have HIV, only 1% of the population does.
The main point you have ingnored, is that having oral sex is not a risk of HIV. To explain.

The saliva in her mouth has over a dozen emzymes and protiens that make the virus inactive, so you cannot get HIV due to that. Now if saliva was a risk then so would kissing be, as kissing is not a risk neither can oral sex be a risk of that basis. Now their would be no blood in he mouth unless she just had her teeth pulled out, so again their cannot be a route of transmission, so no risk.

HIV needs to get into your blood stream for you to be at risk and its quiet clear that could not have happned, so on that basis, its quiet clear you were not at risk.

Hope that helps and clears up any concerns you had.
I re-confirmed with her and she swore on her kids that she did not have any diseases. However, I know that if she has any diseases, the chances of she knowing it is also less. Correct me if I am wrong. That aside, I am from India, one of the heavily populated place for AIDS. This gives me more scare.

One more concern is apart from being treated for Typhoid, I have tiny Penile Papules on my penis. Please let me know if this increases my risk. I have checked her mouth and teeth today for any dental problems and found nothing... except she has dark teeth and she said it has been like that since her childhood. Please help....

Old 01-27-2012, 02:56 AM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

Your missing the point. Even if she had HIV you would not have got HIV from her giving you oral sex, anything on your penis would not be an issues. So you are NOT at risk of HIV.

Is their anything from the above sentance that you dont understand?

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
oralblowjob (01-27-2012)
Old 01-27-2012, 03:02 AM   #10
(male)

oralblowjob HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Your missing the point. Even if she had HIV you would not have got HIV from her giving you oral sex, anything on your penis would not be an issues. So you are NOT at risk of HIV.

Is their anything from the above sentance that you dont understand?
Thanks Apollo,

Just out of curiosity, is having Penile Papules a common thing in males? What if any treatment available?

What is the risk of contracting any STDs if not HIV?

Old 01-27-2012, 06:44 AM   #11
(male)

oralblowjob HB User

Hi All,

Would you suggest me taking PEP. I am currently on medication for Typhoid. Will the PEP in any way conflict with my Typhoid medication? I know all of you have mentioned that Oral sex in my case wont cause any infection, is it a good precaution to take PEP? Please reply.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #12
Facilitator
(male)

Certainly not. Look you did not have any risk of HIV, its not possible, so i cannot see why you need to keep asking about PEP etc.

Look, if their was any risk at all i would most certainly tell you, but really you have nothing and i mean nothing to worry about.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #13
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oralblowjob View Post
Thanks Apollo,

Just out of curiosity, is having Penile Papules a common thing in males? What if any treatment available?

What is the risk of contracting any STDs if not HIV?
You have no risk of HIV, but a slim risk of std's, but again only if she had any herself, which is unlikley as she would be having symptoms and would have gone to the doctors.

as for Penile Papules, well 20% of the UK have them and they are not a cause for concern, but their are simple operations to remove them if you wanted to. Its a simple operation done under a local anaesthetic, so you can see, its not a major thing to do. Your doctor will be the best person to ask regarding removals.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oralblowjob View Post
I re-confirmed with her and she swore on her kids that she did not have any diseases. However, I know that if she has any diseases, the chances of she knowing it is also less. Correct me if I am wrong. That aside, I am from India, one of the heavily populated place for AIDS. This gives me more scare.

One more concern is apart from being treated for Typhoid, I have tiny Penile Papules on my penis. Please let me know if this increases my risk. I have checked her mouth and teeth today for any dental problems and found nothing... except she has dark teeth and she said it has been like that since her childhood. Please help....
Are you really giving this woman a dental exam over this?

There is no risk of HIV from oral sex. Those papules will have zero increase either, which does not even matter since again oral sex is not a risk. A quick google search brought up a post by H Hnadsfield, and HIV/STD expert who stated there was no increased risk. PEP is for people that have had an actual high risk exposure.

Alot of people have already responded to your thread, all with the same message that it was NOT a risk at all. They have all seen your other concerns and considered them as well. Please accept it and move on, you have nothing to worry about.

Old 01-28-2012, 02:36 AM   #15
(male)

oralblowjob HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTM View Post
Are you really giving this woman a dental exam over this?

There is no risk of HIV from oral sex. Those papules will have zero increase either, which does not even matter since again oral sex is not a risk. A quick google search brought up a post by H Hnadsfield, and HIV/STD expert who stated there was no increased risk. PEP is for people that have had an actual high risk exposure.

Alot of people have already responded to your thread, all with the same message that it was NOT a risk at all. They have all seen your other concerns and considered them as well. Please accept it and move on, you have nothing to worry about.
Hi All,

I have called up some HIV helplines here. I got two positive responses that there won't be any risk in my case. However, one person expressed concern saying oral sex is risky as well. I'm really confused. Why am I getting different responses for a single problem?? Did you guys see any case in which someone contracted HIV by receiving a BJ? Please clarify....

Closed Thread