It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
(male)

scaredstraight1 HB User
Diagnosed w/ sinus infection, scared it's HIV

I have posted before about this & am still very paranoid. I'm a 25 yr old male (uncircumcised) & last I had sex was in July 2011, was only with 2 women that year, one in early January from which I drew this concern about. I've said before that the woman had a foul odor and lower leg swelling, also a lump near her breasts. The condom also broke during sex & I inserted once more w/o protection. I took an anonymous blood & urine test (8-panel) in May 2011 & all results were negative.

I began having sex w/ an ex-girlfriend later that month & stopped in July 2011. I was tested in August for HIV w/ the Ora-quick swab test & the results were again negative. I haven't had sex since but I've developed a bad cough, cracks in my fingernails, lower leg swelling, high fever on almost a daily basis(mostly at night) & just general fatigue.

I went to the doctor yesterday & he diagnosed me w/ a sinus infection, despite the fact that I visited him in September 2011 w/ the same symptoms. He also tested me then but he said everything was ok.Researching online I see that frequent sinus infections are very prevalent in HIV patients & I can't help but think I'm infected just because of the swelling in my legs being similar to hers and all these unexplained symptoms I'm having. Keep in mind I've been frequenting marijuana trying to deal w/ my worries. I haven't told my doctor about my usage but I dont think that's a factor.

I haven't been tested since September & am wondering if the seroconversion process can be prolonged to this point. Help please!! I want to get tested again but I fear the results. I know that's the only thing that will give me peace of mind but I'm fearing a positive result! Any advice is much needed & appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2012, 05:36 AM   #2
(male)

Jiggy12 HB User
Re: Diagnosed w/ sinus infection, scared it's HIV

Hey my advice to you is to take the test. The deed has been done wouldn't hurt to know . After you took the test you can take whatever step necessary and never have to worry about it. Be happy stay safe.

Last edited by Jiggy12; 02-10-2012 at 05:47 AM.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

Symptoms mean nothing at all, and there are non"signs" of HIV. Only a blood test can determine HIV. How many weeks after you last sex was the test in september? 3 months is 100% conclusive, anything after 7 or 8 weeks is also ~99% conclusive.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:05 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

You got the answers on your other thread, so why start a new one when your negative? and no not need to test again.

HIV is not your concern, so work with the doctors to help you

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Last edited by Apollo123; 02-10-2012 at 06:06 AM.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

all i will say is go see a doctor
and tell them your concerns.
your fears about this are simply wrong
hiv is fairly easy to find and in most cases
is found in the first test taken for it.
good luck

Old 02-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #6
(male)

PtyLover HB User

The OP is wasting people time with this. You do not have HIV.

Closed Thread