It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
(male)

notheroic HB User
Worried sick about HIV.

Well I'm not going to write a long story, but anyways. I was intimate with someone who said she was clean(I was in a relationship with her for about a month). I'd say we had sex 9 times or so in total, all unprotected(I was naive, first time). She told me she was clean and was getting consistent testing. I believed her because she didn't lie to me about other things she ended up doing(alcoholic, etc.) She was always up front. But over the last few days, my last "contact" was January 30th. I've been feeling like utter garbage. I feel like I'm fighting something. My body feels worn out, My abdomen, particularly my left side is killing me. No fever or headache. It seemed to be coming on gradually, the abdominal/stomach pain started to get worse today. It's peaking. My heart feels like it's pounding also and I have incredible dizziness. I feel like death basically.

Of course, most people have told me this reaction is from stress. But this has been utterly different from anything I've ever felt due to stress or anything else. I'm scared as hell about the whole thing. Everything else came up negative. But obviously, HIV takes a while to appear so I took that test with a complete grain of salt.

Any advice for me?

Old 02-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User
Re: Worried sick about HIV.

Symptoms mean nothing as far as HIV, it is nowhere near a realible way to diagnose. Only a blood test can, 3 months is officially conclusive, 6-8 week negative is extremely reassuring.

Any unprotected sex is a risk, but I would not be worrying myself sick over this. She most likely is teeling the truth about being clean. Even if not, less than .5% of women are positive in America. Sex with a positive woman carries about a 1 in 2000 shot of transimission per contact.

Ignore all symptoms and get tested in several weeks if you are anxious, 3 months would be fully conclusive. I would not be overly worried, but wear protection from now on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2012, 12:33 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Hiya, well you could ask her to take a Rapid HIV test and if she is negative you have very little to worry about. If thats not possible take a test at 6 weeks and that will give a good indication of your status and a full std screan to.

You are at risk but take in mind that HIV effects 1% of the opulation so its very unlikley indeed she has HIV and even if she did, HIV is not that wasy to pass on.

Try not to think about it to much buddy

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 02-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

go keep yourself occupied to keep your
mind off of it.
you will be ok no matter what the outcome is!
good luck

Closed Thread