It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
(male)

Tj5983 HB User
Very very concerned HIV risk

Hi,I am very scared I had sex with a sex worker and just coming towards the end the condom broke,I pulled out and just started panicking, I washed my penis with water,then I asked her if she was clean and if she'd ever been tested,she said she was fine however I was still very worried so I asked her if she would come with me for her to do an oraquick test,she did,and also I did for her benefit,we both were free from HIV however I am still very concerned that she may have contracted it in the last three months.please tell me do I need to be concerned, as I'm really struggling to come to terms with this,,please please reply and give me your advice.
Ps.i also have a small bit of psoriasis on the head of my penis,which is slightly red,would this put me at more risk,i am also circumcised...how long would the antibodys take to show up on an oraquick test
Thanks very much in advance
Regards tj

Old 02-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Very very concerned HIV risk

Well you have some risk as you may not be 100% sure if she was exposed to HIV within the 3 months. That said, she didnt have HIV when you tested as the test was negative .
In all honestly i do not belive she had HIV, but your follow up tests will prove this.
A test at 3 months will be conclsive, but really i would not be to concened.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
Tj5983 (02-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
(male)

Tj5983 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Well you have some risk as you may not be 100% sure if she was exposed to HIV within the 3 months. That said, she didnt have HIV when you tested as the test was negative .
In all honestly i do not belive she had HIV, but your follow up tests will prove this.
Thankyou very much for your quick response,,this is something that is playing on my mind,,she reassured me before we went for the test that she was free from hiv,and she also wanted me to test for her peace of mind,so that tells me that she takes care of herself and she also said she always uses protection which I do believe.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

find something better to worry about
it would be very unlikely you have hiv..
just follow up with a test to cover your bases
and don't give it a second thought..
you will be ok
good luck

Last edited by smiteler; 02-26-2012 at 08:27 PM.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Sex workers use protection to protect themselves, im with smit, test at 3 months just to cover yourself, but dobt worry to much

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 03-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #6
(male)

Tj5983 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Hi Apollo it's been 10 days now since my encounter,and I've had a few complications,3 days ago I developed herpes on my penis however I have had this before,but still made me a bit more worried,been to the doc and he said I certainly didn't catch it from her,also 3 days ago I also developed a slight sore throat which concerns me deeply,once a gain the doc said its just a viral thing.what are your views on this?the doc said that he is 99 percent that I haven't contracted HIV but still take a test in 4 weeks then after that another i conformation test just to put my mind at ease,I am struggling to come to terms with all this,,do you believe what the doc is saying is true?I am making myself I'll through all of this I would really appreciate your feed back.
Thanks in advance Apollo hope to hear from you soon.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

Once you have herpes, you always have it. Since, by your own admission, you've had herpes outbreaks before, it's pretty clear that she was not the one who gave it to you. I suggest you get some Valtrex to control your outbreaks.

As for the sore throat, I've had that for the last two weeks off an on, so what? It's dry air, post nasal drip, allergies, caused by smoking, or a combination of all the above. A sore throat doesn't mean diddly. I think you need to figure out why you're so obsessed with HIV when there are a million other things that are more likely that are wrong with you and HIV is not one of them.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #8
(male)

Tj5983 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kszan View Post
Once you have herpes, you always have it. Since, by your own admission, you've had herpes outbreaks before, it's pretty clear that she was not the one who gave it to you. I suggest you get some Valtrex to control your outbreaks.

As for the sore throat, I've had that for the last two weeks off an on, so what? It's dry air, post nasal drip, allergies, caused by smoking, or a combination of all the above. A sore throat doesn't mean diddly. I think you need to figure out why you're so obsessed with HIV when there are a million other things that are more likely that are wrong with you and HIV is not one of them.
Thanks for your reply,I am terrified of HIV I suffer from extreme anxiety,I always ave protected sex and ths time the condom broke,I can't of been inside her long a few minutes,but it has really frightened Me,I just can't stop thinking about it i really just need ome reassurance and help through this unpleasant time thanks in advance

Old 03-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

Hi TJ. Your symptoms are way to soon to be HIV related, so worry not about anything currently. That said we all get ill from time to time and its nothing to get concerned about,

It sounds like you have a very good doctor their, take his advise and get tested at 4 weeks with a DUO or Combi test. For finish, indeed people do make themselves with worry and self belief, we see it all the time.

I know its easyer said than done, but they not to worry.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:37 AM   #10
(male)

ScaredAnonymous HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj5983 View Post
Hi,I am very scared I had sex with a sex worker and just coming towards the end the condom broke,I pulled out and just started panicking, I washed my penis with water,then I asked her if she was clean and if she'd ever been tested,she said she was fine however I was still very worried so I asked her if she would come with me for her to do an oraquick test,she did,and also I did for her benefit,we both were free from HIV however I am still very concerned that she may have contracted it in the last three months.please tell me do I need to be concerned, as I'm really struggling to come to terms with this,,please please reply and give me your advice.
Ps.i also have a small bit of psoriasis on the head of my penis,which is slightly red,would this put me at more risk,i am also circumcised...how long would the antibodys take to show up on an oraquick test
Thanks very much in advance
Regards tj
I think your risk was almost nil....btw this is for everyone...please read my post and advise me.

Closed Thread

Tags
hiv aids prostitute sex, hiv anxiety, hiv fear