It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

needhelpbad11 HB User
need help

In Dec I had a stupid 2 minute unprotected sex with a hooker. One week latere I started with everysymptom in the book, some I still have today. A week after my stupid experince I had sex with my girlfriend and 5 weeks later she had a sore throat with an ulcer on the soft pallate, diharea for a week and she told me she felt like she had the flu. My life has been a living hell for the last 3 months. I thought my 90 day test would make me feel better but it hasnt. I still can only think of the coincedences. I'm already seeing a phycologist and a phycatrist and the drugs or the consuel do not help. Please give me the facts guys I need some sort of good news. Why does the cdc still say wait 6 months for high level risks. Please help!!!!!!

Old 03-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

needhelpbad11 HB User
Re: need help

Forgot to mention I tested at 3 4 5 8 10.5 and 13 weeks all negative

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

The CDC state quiet clearly that 3 months is conclusive. 6 months will only apply if you were having agressive chemo or anti viral medication and if you had not had either then 3 months is fine. You have over tested but obe thing is for sure your HIV negative, no if's but's or maybe's your negative.

If you havnt tested for std's then you should just to rule them out. Your symptoms are not related to hiv thats for sure

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 03-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

needhelpbad11 HB User

Yes I tested all stds and Hep b and c. I want so bad to believe the 13 week test but my mind goes back to my gf getting sick and having a ulcer in the mouth

Old 03-22-2012, 11:03 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

needhelpbad11 HB User

And since when is 97% concidered conclusive?

Old 03-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

CDC testing guidelines.

http://www.cdc.gov/globalaids/Resources/pmtct-care/docs/TM/Module_6TM.pdf

“In an adult, a positive HIV antibody test result means that the person is infected, a person with a negative or inconclusive result may be in the window for 4 to 6 weeks but occasionally up to 3 months after HIV exposure. Persons at high risk who initially test negative should be retested 3 months after exposure to confirm results

You have tested 100% conclusively negative for HIV, forget it and get on with your life. The only person making it an issue for you is you.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 03-22-2012 at 11:24 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
needhelpbad11 (03-22-2012)
Old 03-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

No idea where you get that from, but 3 months is 99.89% - Fact.

Belive it or not your HIV negative, test results dont lie they are conclusive

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 03-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

needhelpbad11 HB User

Why do I read on the CDC website that 97% of people will have detectable antibodies by 3 months and a very few may take 6 months? I want to believe I'm negative but the coincidence of my sickness and my gf sickness is too much. Maybe I got hep at the same time. Who knows I'm driving myself mad

Old 03-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

why does anything you read on the cdc website
pertain to what the results of what your hiv test was?
the test results will trump your symptoms every time.
you are hiv negative,if your symptoms persist see a doctor and discuss with him
what actions you should take instead of beating a dead horse.
good luck

Old 03-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Apollo as already listed to you the rare cases and I have shown you the guidelines. You have not got HIV, your tests are conclusive. The only HIV concern you now have is the one you are making for yourself.

If you want to drive yourself mad symptom chasing, bouncing around the net day after day looking for ways to fuel your anxieties and wish to test out to six months, feel free. Post your result when you get them. We have many members who refuse to believe their negative results and keep trying to convince themselves they have HIV even though they have had conclusive results. You’re just like theirs was, will be negative.

You had a very low risk exposure with somebody who in probability didn’t even have HIV. HIV is an extremely difficult virus to transmit from people to person and female to male transmission is the lowest risk of all. The symptoms of a primary HIV infection do not come after one week and last for months. They come, if they come at all, between 2 to 4 weeks they certainly do not last for months and they come together and go together. The symptoms you are so freaked out about do not even resemble ARS in any shape, form or manner.

The advice to you is to let this go, if you don’t like this advice or don’t wish to accept it, there is nothing else that can be offered to you.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 03-22-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: typos

Old 03-23-2012, 12:35 AM   #11
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelpbad11 View Post
Why do I read on the CDC website that 97% of people will have detectable antibodies by 3 months and a very few may take 6 months? I want to believe I'm negative but the coincidence of my sickness and my gf sickness is too much. Maybe I got hep at the same time. Who knows I'm driving myself mad
Co infection does NOT effect results, its a myth. You had a scare and your mind is a little freaked, you need to start to calm down and take a breath. You are HIV negative and although you had symptoms your tests have proved your negative, time to understand it buddy.

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
needhelpbad11 (03-23-2012)
Old 03-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

needhelpbad11 HB User

Have you ever seen someone test negative at 89 days and later test positive? If my gf didn't get sick I would be at peace but the fact she got an ulcer I'm her mouth with sore throat and fever an then had diahrea for a week freaks me out.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:45 AM   #13
Facilitator
(male)

No never. Your problem is symptom chasing and thats been the problem all along. When you get hiv, many dont have any symptoms and all will not be ill for many years.
You need to remember we all get ill thats life mate, but be assured, you certainly negative and so is your wife.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #14
Inactive
(male)

needhelpbad11 HB User

Apollo and Kevin I'm not going to dwell, I just have a few more questions. If I had swollen lymph nodes in groin and armpits I would feel a lump correct? because I have liek a sore feeling but don't feel any obvious lumps. I also feel lumps in the back of my head that are hard and a little tender.. Are there lymph nodes in you wrist? I have a small bump in the same spot on both wrists. You guys are 100 percent confident in a 13 week test? Even with high exposure and all these symptoms? Is co-infection weth hep a possibelity even though I tested neg for both at 13 weeks? I have my good days and bad and today is a very bad one.I also have had a pain between my belly button and breastbone. I was thinking it might be an ulcer but now im concerned its a swollen lymph node

Old 03-27-2012, 08:33 AM   #15
Facilitator
(male)

All this is in your head and if its not then see a doctor. Your HIV negtaive and that is fact buddy. The other questions you ask, you have asked before and got answers to. Their is little point asking them over and over again and more so posting about lumps and bumps because your HIV negative so these cannot be contected to HIV can they?

Closed Thread