It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
(male)

Taaib HB User
Are these tests conclusive?

I want to ask that if I had an anal sex with a unknown HIV + or - sex worker, and without a condom, and I have took the following tests

After 21 days after exposer =========> P24 combo ag/ab =========> Negative.

After 28 days after exposer =========> I take P24 combo ag/ab again, and HIV ANTIBODY by EFLA method,
and the tests==>CHLAMYDIA PCR, UROGENITAL MYCOPLASMA, gonorrhoeae, by PCR method ==> Negative.

And at the same day (28 after exposer) I took in another lab the tests
====> HBsAg, Anti-HBs, Anti-HCV, HIV by ECLIA method,====> Negative.
====>VDRL-RPR =========> Negative.

After 37 days after exposer =========> HIV-1 RNA (PCR), HIV Duo Ultra =========> Negative.

Today is the day 44 after exposer, I have took the tests
HIV Duo Ultra =========> Negative.
HBsAg, Anti-HBs, Anti-HCV, HIV by ECLIA method,====> Negative.
VDRL-RPR =========> Negative.

Are these results conclusive either foe AIDS or Heptits B&C?

I mean can I have unprotected sex with my wife, she has never exposed to any kind of HIV risk (I am accurate of her), and I do not wnat any posibility to hurt her , I have children and I want her for them!!.

If not, I will be very patient and I can wait untill the conclusive time, but please tell me an acurate information about the accurate time and accurate test for AIDS, and Heptites B&C tests.

Thanks in advanced.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Are these tests conclusive?

Hiya your results are looking good but you will have to wait 3 months for conclusive results for both. Standard STD,s are 4 weeks.
Fingers crossed you will be fine buddy

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Are these tests conclusive?

No your tests, although very encouraging, are not conclusive. Unprotected anal sex is considered the highest risk of all for HIV transmission and you will need to test out to 3 months to get a fully conclusive result. I would advise you to do so.

Equally so I would advise you to stop testing at the rate you are doing. There is only two tests required, one at six weeks and a confirmation test at 3 months/12 weeks, to determine an HIV status. Over testing, like you are doing, runs the risk of a false positive.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 03-23-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Closed Thread