It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2012, 03:33 AM   #31
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 60
Worrier2012 HB UserWorrier2012 HB User
Re: High Risk: Certain I have HIV and have all Symptoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarJol View Post
I'm sure that you are ok but you sound just like me (as far as worrying goes). I worry myself sick so I know how frustrated and depressing it can get to think you have something even if you dont. I don't have HIV but my uncle does. He has had it for 22 years and he lives a normal life. His partner was with him for 5 years and he never contracted HIV in all that time. There were instances of unprotected sex between them as well. They are no longer together but it is possible to have unprotected sex with someone who has HIV and not contract it. I don't know how common that actually is but I know that this was the case with my uncle and his partner. Regardless, I'm sure you are ok...I hate to tell you to not worry because it annoys me when people say that to me.... it just isn't going to work that easy... BUT at least you should feel better knowing that you have gotten negatives so far :-) I'm so sorry that you feel alone in all this. I'll send up a prayer for you and keep you in my thoughts. Good luck with everything and please keep us all posted.
Thank you very much. Yeah you know negatives so far it's week 7. My worry is always what if I have something else delaying the seroconversion. The symptoms are very much there, except fever, nausea, diorreah. Not had those yet.

 
Old 04-05-2012, 03:47 AM   #32
Facilitator
(male)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: england
Posts: 6,241
Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: High Risk: Certain I have HIV and have all Symptoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worrier2012 View Post
Thank you very much. Yeah you know negatives so far it's week 7. My worry is always what if I have something else delaying the seroconversion. The symptoms are very much there, except fever, nausea, diorreah. Not had those yet.
It dosnt happen, their is nothing that delays sero unless your on agressive chemo, antivirial medication for a organ transplant or your a long time IV drug user.

Your symptoms also prove they are not HIV related or you would have tested positive, besides ARS dosnt have typical symptoms, they are just in your head. Everyone has them and when they get their 3 months conclsuive they all disapear like magic.
__________________
“Morality is only moral when it is voluntary.”

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 04-05-2012, 03:52 AM   #33
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 60
Worrier2012 HB UserWorrier2012 HB User
Re: High Risk: Certain I have HIV and have all Symptoms.

That's very odd..... i guess everything is going against me being HIV positive. But I have had a rash in both my inner arms, it is symetrical. It's non itchy, pale pink, and when stretched it looks like stretch mark stries, otherwise it isnt raised. Their just odd symptoms. I was thinking more if i had Hep C or A along with HIV that may delay antibodies showing up? The muscle aches and tingles in finger come and go usually much much worse at night. I dont know why.

 
Old 04-05-2012, 04:11 AM   #34
Facilitator
(male)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: england
Posts: 6,241
Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: High Risk: Certain I have HIV and have all Symptoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worrier2012 View Post
That's very odd..... i guess everything is going against me being HIV positive. But I have had a rash in both my inner arms, it is symetrical. It's non itchy, pale pink, and when stretched it looks like stretch mark stries, otherwise it isnt raised. Their just odd symptoms. I was thinking more if i had Hep C or A along with HIV that may delay antibodies showing up? The muscle aches and tingles in finger come and go usually much much worse at night. I dont know why.
Nothing odd at all, just factual. Indeed it is, negative tests and a exposure from somone who status is more than likley negative.
Hep C / A dose not delay ARS. Anything else regarding symptoms are pointless, only testing is factual and so far you negative, look on the bright side !!

Their is no point posting every time you have an ache, just get tested at 12 weeks and thats your answer
__________________
“Morality is only moral when it is voluntary.”

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Last edited by Apollo123; 04-05-2012 at 04:14 AM.

 
Old 04-05-2012, 04:15 AM   #35
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 60
Worrier2012 HB UserWorrier2012 HB User
Re: High Risk: Certain I have HIV and have all Symptoms.

Yeah I guess, getting onto week 8 then five more weeks! I'm not gonna wait i'll preoccupy myself but it won't be easy haha. I just found out i'm immune from Hep B

Last edited by Worrier2012; 04-05-2012 at 04:16 AM.

 
The Following User Says Thank You to Worrier2012 For This Useful Post:
Lori1616 (10-15-2012)
Old 04-05-2012, 06:30 AM   #36
Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: hong kong & oakland
Posts: 83
onelovelove HB Useronelovelove HB User
Re: High Risk: Certain I have HIV and have all Symptoms.

An expert in infectious diseases,Edward W Hook, MD, actually clarified the windows period for HIV in respond to a question 2 years ago. He confirmed that virtually all people who are infected would show up positive by 8 weeks. So you could have a lot confidence in you not having it.

Hope it will ease your mind a bit.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-05-2012 at 06:38 AM. Reason: posted disallowed website

 
Old 04-05-2012, 06:43 AM   #37
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 60
Worrier2012 HB UserWorrier2012 HB User
Re: High Risk: Certain I have HIV and have all Symptoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelovelove View Post
An expert in infectious diseases,Edward W Hook, MD, actually clarified the windows period for HIV in respond to a question 2 years ago. He confirmed that virtually all people who are infected would show up positive by 8 weeks. So you could have a lot confidence in you not having it.

Hope it will ease your mind a bit.
It would but firstly i think I have a maculopapular rash on both arms in the same part. Not a lot of but its like a cluster in one place. Secondly I got tested 7 weeks post exposure not 8 so maybe it changed in the week? Or 2 weeks, dunno. Anyway I will try to ignore any thoughts about it.

 
Old 04-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #38
Facilitator
(male)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: england
Posts: 6,241
Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: High Risk: Certain I have HIV and have all Symptoms.

Stop being a drama queen and grow up. Your rashes prove they are not HIV related. You have milked the thread based on nothing more than purile symptoms but not facts. Stop wolling in self pity when everything is going for you.
__________________
“Morality is only moral when it is voluntary.”

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

 
Old 04-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #39
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 60
Worrier2012 HB UserWorrier2012 HB User
Re: High Risk: Certain I have HIV and have all Symptoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Stop being a drama queen and grow up. Your rashes prove they are not HIV related. You have milked the thread based on nothing more than purile symptoms but not facts. Stop wolling in self pity when everything is going for you.
I'm really not wallowing in self pity, i understand my actions and their consequences. I'm merely discussing some symptoms i am having and what their causes could be. I know a diagnosis can't be made on the internet. But that's what you do on a forum is just share thoughts and talk about it. People have gone through this/are and I am and just want to talk about it. I have been told im negative. GREAT! its 7 weeks though which is 5 weeks short and with symptoms carrying on you just wonder what it could be. In a perfect world I would press a button and suddenly forget it happened till the 3 month mark. Or better still, jump back in time and edit the night, erasing a few units of alcohol that contributed!

 
Old 04-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #40
Facilitator
(male)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: england
Posts: 6,241
Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: High Risk: Certain I have HIV and have all Symptoms.

You had negative results that's good news, we have all been in your shoes but time to stop this daily drama and test at 12 weeks
__________________
“Morality is only moral when it is voluntary.”

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

 
Old 04-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #41
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,783
blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: High Risk: Certain I have HIV and have all Symptoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worrier2012 View Post
Thank you very much. Yeah you know negatives so far it's week 7. My worry is always what if I have something else delaying the seroconversion. The symptoms are very much there, except fever, nausea, diorreah. Not had those yet.

A point of correction here. Many people who test positive experience no symptoms. Just because you have not experienced what you believe to be classic text book symptoms of HIV does not mean you have not been infected. Symptoms, as you have been told repeatedly, mean nothing with regards your HIV status.

YOUR AILMENTS MEAN NOTHING WITH REGARDS YOUR HIV STATUS. Is this clear enough?

Post the results of your 12 week test, which will almost certainly be negative.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 04-06-2012 at 03:34 AM. Reason: comments removed

 
Old 04-06-2012, 12:40 AM   #42
Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: hong kong & oakland
Posts: 83
onelovelove HB Useronelovelove HB User
Re: High Risk: Certain I have HIV and have all Symptoms.

We all only live once. This may be an attitute for you to beef up a bit for the test.
Please remember to post back your result after the 12th-week test.

 
Old 04-08-2012, 03:42 AM   #43
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 60
Worrier2012 HB UserWorrier2012 HB User
Re: High Risk: Certain I have HIV and have all Symptoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelovelove View Post
We all only live once. This may be an attitute for you to beef up a bit for the test.
Please remember to post back your result after the 12th-week test.
I will, i'm a very scared waiting man till then though. All i think is DAMN wish id known about PEP. Today just finished week 8 post exposure and I am now in the 9th week. 4 weeks to go.

Last edited by Worrier2012; 04-08-2012 at 03:42 AM.

 
Old 04-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #44
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 60
Worrier2012 HB UserWorrier2012 HB User
Re: High Risk: Certain I have HIV and have all Symptoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokecalledkev View Post
A point of correction here. Many people who test positive experience no symptoms. Just because you have not experienced what you believe to be classic text book symptoms of HIV does not mean you have not been infected. Symptoms, as you have been told repeatedly, mean nothing with regards your HIV status.

YOUR AILMENTS MEAN NOTHING WITH REGARDS YOUR HIV STATUS. Is this clear enough?

Post the results of your 12 week test, which will almost certainly be negative.
Please help, i foned the HIV hotline and the woman basically said I have HIV and that i should have had common sense to use a condom. It only takes one time and I know all that but its too late. I made a mistake... I am so scared. I can't sleep and need to talk to someone. I am going for a test tomorrow. My symptoms persist and I know it's hiv.

 
Old 04-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #45
Facilitator
(male)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: england
Posts: 6,241
Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: High Risk: Certain I have HIV and have all Symptoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worrier2012 View Post
Please help, i foned the HIV hotline and the woman basically said I have HIV and that i should have had common sense to use a condom. It only takes one time and I know all that but its too late. I made a mistake... I am so scared. I can't sleep and need to talk to someone. I am going for a test tomorrow. My symptoms persist and I know it's hiv.
No she never said you have HIV how could she? Only testing proves some ones status, somthing you fail to grasp, never symptoms. You have already tested negative, not that my post will mean anything to you as quiet frankly you have not once listened to any post hear but i really belive your test will be negative because you have tested negative at 6 weeks, so dont be stupid and so you know you have HIV and 99% of people who got HIV didnt know they had HIV.
__________________
“Morality is only moral when it is voluntary.”

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

 
Closed Thread




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



Apollo123 (884), blokecalledkev (443), smiteler (428), joggen (171), SOTM (96), guyfromnorth (50), Kszan (25), capehatteras (10), NervousNelly1 (10), nyxin (9)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1006), Apollo123 (906), Titchou (850), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (759), ladybud (755), midwest1 (669), sammy64 (668), BlueSkies14 (607)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:42 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.com™
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.com™ All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!