It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #46
Inactive
(male)

Worrier2012 HB UserWorrier2012 HB User
Re: High Risk: Certain I have HIV and have all Symptoms.

I know your right Apollo but she said she just can only hope I havent got it but chances are very high and i was very stupid for doing it. I know i was and I will have it now I think. Very bad muscle aches in my knees, very bad muscle ache in my arms at times. Dull aches in joints. I saw a purple/black spot in my mouth. Symptoms cannot be used, I know. But they are there.... that coupled with the HIGH risk... make me certain. I tested at week 7 negative on a rapid test, still waiting for that ELISA test. tomorrow will be Day 58 i think thats 8 weeks and 2 days. So I wonder what the verdict will be.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #47
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Please calm down buddy, you are going to make yourself very ill with stress and more than likley these are the reasons for your symptoms. I once again i will stress your symptoms are not typical of HIV

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #48
Inactive
(male)

I should calm down and my calmness switches I guess but my symptoms are matching.

*aching in joints, the pain switches location.
*aching in muscles.
*painless rash on each inner arm in the same place. Clustered only in that part. browny-red.
*cough which has been going on for a while, very subtle cough but can be chesty at times when i notice it.
This began over the last week and a half... week 6/7 mark.
*Im a gay man, slept with a self proclaimed promiscuous man. unprotected anal sex.... high risk (symptoms) boom!
So those are symptoms I have read for HIV.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #49
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

This is pointless so my last post. You may have HIV or you may not, but whats the point in posting about symptoms, it will not change your status now will it? You had a risk which you chose to make so you need to face up to it and deal with the outcome, but so far your tests have all been NEGATIVE. Take your test and stop with you continued fixation of this and find somthing better to take your mind of it.

I do belive you should get help your mental state whilst your their because your beyound help any forum can offer.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 04-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #50
Inactive
(male)

Sorry for this... i dont mean to be such a nuisance. I'll shut up get tested tomorrow and see whats said. Ill let you know the verdict at 58 days and 8 weeks. Wish me luck.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:38 AM   #51
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
This is pointless so my last post. You may have HIV or you may not, but whats the point in posting about symptoms, it will not change your status now will it? You had a risk which you chose to make so you need to face up to it and deal with the outcome, but so far your tests have all been NEGATIVE. Take your test and stop with you continued fixation of this and find somthing better to take your mind of it.

I do belive you should get help your mental state whilst your their because your beyound help any forum can offer.
Alright, this last test I had this morning was a 3rd Generation Antibody rapid test.... but it was negative at 8 weeks. The man said it is very accurate and no one has ever changed after a 8 week negative in his experience so I am going to make my best effort to calm down and believe everyone. The symptoms make it hard to ignore but I Will try and I apologise, again. Many thanks.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:56 AM   #52
(male)

onelovelove HB Useronelovelove HB User

worrier,

my first instinct is that you've got zero chance having it.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:59 AM   #53
Inactive
(male)

Hope you're right, really do. Exactly 4 weeks left. My only worry is it detects only antibodies and is 3rd generation even though he said its still modern. How can it be modern if it does the same thing as 10 years ago lol

Old 04-11-2012, 05:12 AM   #54
(male)

onelovelove HB Useronelovelove HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worrier2012 View Post
Hope you're right, really do. Exactly 4 weeks left. My only worry is it detects only antibodies and is 3rd generation even though he said its still modern. How can it be modern if it does the same thing as 10 years ago lol
Like Apollo, Kev and others have said, you don't have to worry too much. A test at 3 months, however, would definitely bring mental closure to you.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-21-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:14 AM   #55
Inactive
(male)

Thank you, so the 4 week wait begins.. !

Last edited by Worrier2012; 04-11-2012 at 05:14 AM.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:30 AM   #56
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
What else is it supposed to detect? Thats the only way that you can have your status confirmed and once again its negative. This also proves that your symptoms are not HIV realted or you would have tested positive, now this point is not for a debate its a fact and you need to understand that once and for all.

Also 10 year old tests were not as sensitive as they are today but they still looked for the only thing that will confirm your status - antibodys, so their is no point looking for another reason to worry about. All these tests have proved you dont have HIV and your symptoms are NOT HIV related.

The best thing for you now is to focus on your life and take your 4 weeks test as nothing more than a routine check up.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:48 AM   #57
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
This also proves that your symptoms are not HIV realted or you would have tested positive, now this point is not for a debate its a fact and you need to understand that once and for all.
Okay so what you are saying is that when symptoms of ARS are occuring, simultaneously that means Antibodies are present? and therfore should be detected? can it occur where the symptoms happen but antibodies can't be detected? or aren't in detectable levels?

Old 04-11-2012, 05:51 AM   #58
Facilitator
(male)

Correct that is the case for the first part of the question, for the second yes as well but thats when people test to early ( ie 7 days ) but 99% will test positive when they have symptoms, for eg smit tested positive at 22 days

Old 04-11-2012, 05:53 AM   #59
Inactive
(male)

Ah that's the earliest diagnosis i've ever heard. I guess if my immune system isnt showing antibodies at 8 weeks against a virus i should have been ill all the time anyway because it's clearly a rubbish immune system? Until this I am never ever ill. Never get ill and have never been in hospital my whole life.

Last edited by Worrier2012; 04-11-2012 at 05:53 AM.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:58 AM   #60
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Ah that's the earliest diagnosis i've ever heard. I guess if my immune system isnt showing antibodies at 8 weeks against a virus i should have been ill all the time anyway because it's clearly a rubbish immune system? Until this I am never ever ill. Never get ill and have never been in hospital my whole life.
Or your negative

Closed Thread