It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2012, 06:04 AM   #61
Inactive
(male)

Worrier2012 HB UserWorrier2012 HB User
Re: High Risk: Certain I have HIV and have all Symptoms.

Haha perhaps, i'm believing it more now which is good. Im going to try and ignore my symptoms. Btw i tested negative for HEP C and B at week 5 and week 7 which may have been too early but they refused to test for those again today as i am getting tested for everything in a month anyway. I haven't got my other week 7 sti results back and the ELISA for HIV and blood drawn sample for Syphilis. Anyway im guessing antibodies would have picked something up at least! So on that note, im going to work my hardest to fight this anxiety its getting really bad.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #62
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelovelove View Post
Thanks for re-assuring me over and over again, Apollo.
I appreciate that indeed.
No problem mate

worrier, stop worrying thats all i have to add, you dont have HIV as your negative, forget this all and just test at 12 weeks, nuff said, how many time do i have to say this lol, My last post on this thread until you get your negative at 12 weeks. Go out, get drunk, enjoy life, your healthy be lucky some people arnt.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #63
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
No problem mate

worrier, stop worrying thats all i have to add, you dont have HIV as your negative, forget this all and just test at 12 weeks, nuff said, how many time do i have to say this lol, My last post on this thread until you get your negative at 12 weeks. Go out, get drunk, enjoy life, your healthy be lucky some people arnt.
Due to drinking, i do binge drink a lot being at uni and sometimes get little pains in my spleen as do a lot of students who go out on these student night binges. Right now my left side hurts which I think may be my spleen. I read that is in control of releasing white blood cells antibodies and such. Could that be why my Antibodies are not detected whilst I have symptoms at 8 weeks. By the way now I'm at week 10. The HIV DUO didnt detect HIV virus at week 7, i did 3rd generation at week 8. This is my 10th week and have 2 weeks left to go but I haven't tested out yet since Week 8. I want this to be over i really do. But i feel generally unwell, more because of my binge drink this weekend and hangover but also the joint aches come and go every now and then, muscle aches have been gone for a while. I think my lymphnodes are swollen but i dont know if they are. I mean what if I do have HIV but my spleen is damaged. I also need to stop my binge drinking and am aware of that and I have slowed down but i do feel these spleen pains sometimes or liver pain dont know what it is after a night out which happens to most students i asked but perhaps in everyone their spleen and liver are damaging but they dont need to worry because they dont have HIV and I do because i have it and my antibodies arent showing? I hope in 12 weeks it's all cleared up, i want to move on with my life. Believe me i do guys. These last 2 weeks since week 8 i soldiered through and now I have 2 more weeks. Its a shame because only 2 years ago i was a gym fitness freak, very healthy ate a healthy diet was a picture of health and have never been admitted to hospital and now I know it's going to happen soon.

Last edited by Worrier2012; 04-18-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #64
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Drinking effects your liver not a spleen and besides you will not get any pain from a spleen i know this from personal experience !

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Last edited by Apollo123; 04-18-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #65
Inactive
(male)

the thing is it was unprotected as well as protected, 1sttime protected then not.

Last edited by Worrier2012; 04-18-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #66
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Drinking effects your liver not a spleen and besides you will not get any pain from a spleen i know this from personal experience !
Dude, it says in my first post I had unprotected sex also! I would not be worried if i didn't have unprotected sex. I had unprotected anal sex so the risk was most definitely there. What i said was that the first time i used a condom, then i had a period of black out and then i wasnt using the condom the second time. SO it was unprotected as well as protected. Hence my worry...... thats what you missed out. The 52 posts are just genuine worry thats all this has all come on since after. The muscle burning sensations which have now gone. The joint sensations in my joints which come and go. The wierd headachey feeling which i think may be anxiety, feeling of lymphnodes and the most poignant (Rash which looks like a macupapular one on both arms in the same place) The only thing that gives me hope is these tests as you say as 8 weeks 3rd generation was negative. I have 2 weeks till the conclusive stage. All i was asking was could it be that my drinking affects development of antibodies showing up? I guess its unlikely to happen as im hardly ill. But yeah i did have the risk that was established earlier. So only these tests and your much appreciated advice with expertise are convincing me. I do listen and hadn't posted for 2 weeks since week 8, have just been worried thats all.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #67
Facilitator
(male)

Sorry its that bit i keep missing, its gets lost.. Ok well your symptoms cannot be HIV related or you would test positive. If your negative at 6 weeks then you 99% conclusive, infact ive never know a test turn positive from that time scale. Your 8 week test is more or less 100%, but the CDC still require 3 months as conclusive. I would say the stress and the life style due to stress are making you ill mate, nothing more. I know its not easy when you had a risk and you feel ill, but trust the results they never lie and so far your negative so bank it and try and stop thinking about HIV, easyer said then done i know.

Your drinking or any medication will not effect your results thats for sure, if it did then nearly everyone who went for a HIV test would have dodgy results lol....

Old 04-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #68
Inactive
(male)

Cheers pal haha. 2 weeks left till the conclusive mark..... Mayn, wish me luck. Till then I'll not bother you haha.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #69
Facilitator
(male)

Try not to worry about it

Old 04-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #70
(female)

longingforhope HB User

Even though you had a brief encounter of unprotected sex, there is a miniscule risk that you could catch HIV as you were the insertive partner, the risks are much, much, much lower for HIV contraction. The risk goes up a little being the receptive partner but you were still at low risk of catching HIV as I think less than 1% of the population even have HIV so the risks are extremely low in the first instance. So the chances the dude you slept with are that he didn't have HIV and basing whether you think he had something on his appearance is very judgemental and what is wrong with the world today. I am a very respectable, educated, heterosexual female and you would never guess by looking at me that I am HIV positive so you really cannot base your judgements on somebody's appearance.

Secondly, if you were seroconverting, you would bloody know about it. I was in hospital for 11 days with meningitis during my seroconversion hooked up to all sorts of medications. Morphine, fluids, IV antibiotics and antivirals, anti sickness and almost every painkiller you could get on prescription, narrowly keeping my arse out of ICU. And seriously, my lymph nodes made my whole neck swell up, they queried lymphoma they got so large and when I had one removed it was the size of a golf ball, so you really would know about it lol.

Also a 6 week test is pretty much 100%, so you should be assured of your negative status. You say you are "too young" to have HIV and talk about it as if it is a death sentence. I am only 21 and was very unlucky in catching it (only one sexual partner my entire life, who is my donor, still love him to bits though) and you know we are pretty much in good health. None of us are on meds either and I probably won't be for a good few years to come, but when the time comes that I do have to start meds it won't bother me because the treatment is so good. You should really educate yourself instead of researching "symptoms" on seedy hiv symptom websites.

You probably have picked up a random viral infection from somewhere, which can I say you can still have symptoms for upto 3 months with colds/influenza/common virsus or may have picked up glandular fever or something, which is known as the "kissing disease" and is very prevalent in young, university students due to their lifestyles so I think you would fair better testing for epstein barr or CMV. Not saying that is what's wrong with you because I think your symptoms are brought on by anxiety and I think your issues are psychological rather than physiological.

Last edited by longingforhope; 04-19-2012 at 10:00 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to longingforhope:
onelovelove (04-21-2012)
Old 04-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #71
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longingforhope View Post
Even though you had a brief encounter of unprotected sex, there is a miniscule risk that you could catch HIV as you were the insertive partner, the risks are much, much, much lower for HIV contraction. The risk goes up a little being the receptive partner but you were still at low risk of catching HIV as I think less than 1% of the population even have HIV so the risks are extremely low in the first instance. So the chances the dude you slept with are that he didn't have HIV and basing whether you think he had something on his appearance is very judgemental and what is wrong with the world today. I am a very respectable, educated, heterosexual female and you would never guess by looking at me that I am HIV positive so you really cannot base your judgements on somebody's appearance.

Secondly, if you were seroconverting, you would bloody know about it. I was in hospital for 11 days with meningitis during my seroconversion hooked up to all sorts of medications. Morphine, fluids, IV antibiotics and antivirals, anti sickness and almost every painkiller you could get on prescription, narrowly keeping my arse out of ICU. And seriously, my lymph nodes made my whole neck swell up, they queried lymphoma they got so large and when I had one removed it was the size of a golf ball, so you really would know about it lol.

Also a 6 week test is pretty much 100%, so you should be assured of your negative status.
You probably have picked up a random viral infection from somewhere, which can I say you can still have symptoms for upto 3 months with colds/influenza/common virsus or may have picked up glandular fever or something, which is known as the "kissing disease" and is very prevalent in young, university students due to their lifestyles so I think you would fair better testing for epstein barr or CMV. Not saying that is what's wrong with you because I think your symptoms are brought on by anxiety and I think your issues are psychological rather than physiological.
Yeah I mean my 3rd generation antibody test at exactly 8 weeks was negative. So i don't know. Anyway what I'm asking is, you know since these symptoms are there you'd think they can detect it right. I want to believe I don't have it. I do. But im almost certain I do because these symptoms are just sooo odd and I havent had them before. Concious of them or not even if this risk hadnt happened i'd have wondered what they are. Maybe not have cared as much. I heard some people experience mild flu like symptoms and go unnoticed. I think if i wasnt aware of my exposure id have this be mild and unnoticed. Anyway negative at 8 weeks. Have 2 more weeks till it's 12 weeks. Im hoping your right and its glandular fever, or another STD not HIV. But this rash really makes me doubt it. All the symptoms really fit whats described on all these sites as HIV and what Ive seen on youtube videos. Damn. Oh and you said i'd know about it, but I heard a lot of people didnt even know?? I might be one of them? What week was it like? i guess you didnt realise when you had the exposure?

Last edited by Worrier2012; 04-19-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #72
Facilitator
(male)

If your almost certain you have HIV then nothing anyone says will carry any weight even your negtaive test results, so lets wait till 12 weeks then we shall see, i wonder what they will be?

Old 04-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #73
(female)

longingforhope HB User

YOU CAN'T DIAGNOSE HIV BASED ON SYMPTOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET THAT INTO YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I had symptoms 3-4 weeks after exposure but I cannot be sure, but I am pretty sure. You would NOT be getting symptoms after 4 weeks after infection. Once my meningitis cleared, had no further issues. You are NOT the exception to the rule. And the rash, I had a rash just before all my symptoms came out and only lasted for about 3 days.

YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #74
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longingforhope View Post
YOU CAN'T DIAGNOSE HIV BASED ON SYMPTOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET THAT INTO YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I had symptoms 3-4 weeks after exposure but I cannot be sure, but I am pretty sure. You would NOT be getting symptoms after 4 weeks after infection. Once my meningitis cleared, had no further issues. You are NOT the exception to the rule. And the rash, I had a rash just before all my symptoms came out and only lasted for about 3 days.

YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know what,I seriously hope you and everyone are right! I pray for that. Lets leave it on this note. I will let you know the results Around May 12th time. Wish me luck.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #75
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

don't forget to post your negative results....

Closed Thread