It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
(male)

gaboy1100 HB User
Very Worried- Please Advise...

Hey guys,

Here is my story... Early Novemeber of last year I had unprotected mutual oral sex with a sex worker of unknown status. It lasted for a couple minutes and I didn't taste any blood or anything in my mouth during the act. I did at the time however have a slight gum disease which normally acts up when I brush my team/irritate it. I didn't brush my teeth beforehand though.

A little less than 2 weeks later I developed a white furry toungue that didn't hurt or bleed when i brushed it hard and comes off easy. I also developed a red, blushy face stripe along my cheek. Both of these symptoms are still here 5 months later despite numerous creams and medications I have taken for them.

For the last 2 months from late january through february I have been suffering more annoying phyical ailments. I have had a chronic sore throat coupled with fatigue for the last 2 months. It doesn't happen every day and comes and goes randomly. I will be feeling normal and not stressing out and then suddenly my throat will feel irriated (doesnt really hurt) and it is coupled with an onset of fatigue. This can last for a couple hours and sometimes for a day or two and then goes away. I have been the doctor a couple times and have taken medications and gotten blood work done that came back normal.

This whole process is emotionally and physically wearing me down. Suicidal thoughts pass throug ny mind daily if I come back as HIV+ after my 6 month test. I have tested negative via rapid testing after 5, 9, 11 and 13 weeks. This should reassure me but everytime I try to move on and feel better, my stupid throat and fatigue problems act up. I'm really worried that I have stressed my self out to the point where my immune system is completely suppressed to the point where the antibodies aren't being created and thus not showing a positive rapid result.

I also have a slight feeling in my armpits where lymph nodes might be located but I dont know how to find them so I can't exactly tell you if they are swollen or not.

All I want is to just feel better and accept that I had a close to zero risk (if gum disease does in fact not affect oral sex risk for hiv). It's just hard to move on when Im thinking about this daily and when I don't, my symptoms still come around randomly.

1. What the heck should I do because the doctors arent helping?
2. Since its been 2 months since my last test, should I just go ahead and test again to get my positive result?

Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Very Worried- Please Advice

1, try another doctor
2, you hiv negative and do not need further testing
3, maybe you should try and get some councilling as you may benifit from it.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 04-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
(male)

gaboy1100 HB User

I realize that the majority of experts in the field say that 3 months is conclusive and oral sex carries a theoretical, but non-realistic risk. It's just very difficult to believe that if my teeth started to bleed that some vaginal fluid might not have slipped in. It seems like the only real reason why I have felt weird for 2 straight months and still have a blushed rash on my face and furry tongue is HIV. What happened to this so-called asymptomatic period after ARS that IF i had HIV I should be in lol!?!?

Old 04-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

It matters not what your risk was or wasnt, you tested negative and thats somthing you cannot get past, your HIV negative.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 04-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
(male)

gaboy1100 HB User
Re: Very Worried- Please Advise...

Apollo thank you for your help. Question just out of curiousity because I read conflicting facts all over the place. After ARS when the virus stays dormant for 5-10 years.. would somebody with HIV normally have recurring symptoms like sore throats, nodes, fatigue for months or years afterwards?

Old 04-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

HIV does not go dormant, this is a popular myth which is propagated by the term dormancy period.

Your body will react to HIV as it does any other viral infection. It produces antibodies to fight the virus. HIV responds by doing something pretty unique, it runs away and hides when it detects the antibodies. It hides within the immune system. Here it continues to reproduce and infect CD4 cells, causing damage that will eventually lead to AIDs.

ARS symptoms (symptoms of a primary HIV infection) are your own body's response to HIV. HIV, itself, does not cause any symptoms.

Once HIV is hidden away you will experience very few health issues, until the immune system is so compromised that it is unable to cope with opportunist infections. Long term HIV infections can, many years later, cause continual, reoccurring symptoms as the immune system is broken down. But untimely the only issue with long term, undiagnosed and untreated HIV infections is that eventually your immune system will fail.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 04-02-2012 at 05:40 PM. Reason: typo

Old 04-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #7
(male)

gaboy1100 HB User

As terrified as I am Im going to try and go get another test tomorrow which will be around 5 months post exposure. I will come back and update yall with what I fear will be some bad news! I might be the first person to be unlucky enough for the girl to have HIV, receive HIV from oral, and already tested negative from 5-13 weeks. Not to mention 4 months worth of symptoms

Old 04-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

You will be negative, but if your having a test take a rapid test and get the results in 15 minutes then hopfully you will move on and start enjoying life again, just in time for the weekend

Old 04-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Buddy ARS symptoms do not last for four months, your ailment do not even resemble a primary HIV infection. You never even put yourself at a risk of an HIV infection and your tests (that you did not even need) have conclusively ruled out HIV. I have no idea why you are so fixated on something you clearly have not got but if you cannot let go of this, you should consider professional counselling for your irrational fears and phobias

Kevin.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #10
(male)

gaboy1100 HB User

I'm already planning on receving some sort of professional counseling if my 6 month test somehow comes back negative. I don't feel like my 2 month throat/fatigue issues were a result of ARS because this is way outside the windows period. I figured it was due to me having a suppresed immune system due to the HIV taking cover. I read various sources that say that even after ARS when most people remain asymptomatic for years and years that often symptoms like lymph node swelling can continue. So why not an irrated throat?

Old 04-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #11
Facilitator
(male)

what do you mean somehow negative?, Supressed immunine system yeah ok, what your reading is rubbish, time to visit your counserler i think.billions of tests are done every year in people in a worse health state than yours ( well their is nothing wrong with you ) and they all test positive or negative but you have some unique condition that hides HIV from tests yes?? Really dont you see how stuid this sounds when you read it out?

Old 04-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #12
Inactive
(male)

This is the problem with the internet and somebody is intent on convincing themselves of something. They are more than enough stuff on the net to fuel active imaginations, anxieties and irrational fears. It will count for nothing because no matter how you try to convince yourself that HIV as somehow hijacked your immune system and stoppping you testing positive( yes buddy it really does sound silly doesn’t it ?) it as not, you were never even exposed to it in the first place and never even need testing.

In the title of your thread you have said “advise please”. You have been given advice, which is consistent and unequivocal, you do not have an HIV concern. You have chosen to ignore the advice you came here and asked for. There is nothing further I can add in this thread, it is not an HIV issue, other than the one you are intent on fabricating for yourself. Life is far too short buddy; your obsession can only be addressed by professional counselling. I wish you well.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 04-04-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Closed Thread