It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
(female)

Wildflowerblue HB User
Post Results Pending

Hello everyone...Its been a minute since Ive posted on here, but previously I had a concern with a possible hiv scare and since then (in the past week) have gotten tested for a full std panel. My doctor told me last Tuesday that my results would be back by Thursday...Well my cultures came back( negative for gonorrhea, chlamydia, and trich), but results are still pending for syphilis and hiv. The nurse that called to tell me my results really put me on edge when she said "It never takes this long for blood work to come back"! So not what I needed to hear. Anyway, my question is has it taken anyone this long to get their hiv results? Im trying to be cool, but I'm human.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User
Re: Results Pending

She was dumb to say anything like that, but it was probably just an innocent and true remark that has zero bearing or is not caused by the result of the test. I bet they will be there in the morning or worst case thurday.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
(female)

Wildflowerblue HB User

Thanks SOTM.....I felt that she was out of order also. For now I will continue to pray and try to keep busy... What will be will be....I just hate waiting.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

I've been for results before, and it is so easy to misread the workers comments when anxious. I remember a secretaries adamant refusal to give results. I figured "it must be positive!!". The results were negative

Just relax until the results. As veteran members have said, you will most likely be fine . There is always the remotest possibility, but I would not be worrying myself sick over it at all.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTM View Post
She was dumb to say anything like that, but it was probably just an innocent and true remark that has zero bearing or is not caused by the result of the test. I bet they will be there in the morning or worst case thurday.
I agree with sotm ^^^

As for yourself, well syphilis and HIV do take a week or two to get the results, certainly in the UK at a gum clinic. They often say, no news is good news and they only text or ring you with bad news. I had a text 2 days later, legs went like jelly telling me my std's were fine, but i waited 10 days for the ones you are as well.

Fingers crossed you will be fine, best of luck

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
gk3rd (04-08-2012)
Old 04-05-2012, 03:48 AM   #6
(male)

onelovelove HB Useronelovelove HB User

It is normal for hiv test to take longer time.
It is because they are handled by different departments- Biochemistry for stds, Immunity for hiv.
Also, they may need to double the time to verify as it would be unwise to give out unverified result for such.

Closed Thread