It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
(male)

verona33 HB User
so worried. need some reassurance

Its my wedding day and im scared to death. I have hep c for the past 5 years. Im 23 male and otherwise healthy. While my fiance was pregnant we went through a touh time and i returned back home to work. I shared a needle one time using drugs. Never got sick or anything after words but suddenly lately i started severly fretting about it. I didnt have any of the symptoms until a week ago after being so worried for about a month. I have a phlem knot in my throat that wont come out or swallow it. I also had a blood count and my platelets were mildly low out of range. However, my enzymes were better than they had been in since ive had hep c. Only one mildly above range. Im scared to death. Also, during our split we had sex a few times and i ejaculated in her and nothin showed up on her pregnancy blood exams. Am i giving myself symptoms? My belly area is somewhat tender and and i get unxcomfortable after eating but this didnt start until i started getting all bent out of shape.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
(male)

verona33 HB User
Re: so worried. need some reassurance

I read some other posts and saw some people caught some flack for posting things like this. Im sorry if anyone is angered by it. I wanted to included that i dont know the person i shared a syringe with has anything at all and to be safe i used either alcohol or peroxide dont remember which.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

I am assuming you shared street drug IV needles, I am sorry your post is rather vague.

Based on this assumption you may have put yourself at a risk of an HIV infection. The thing about HIV is, it is extremely fragile and when exposed to air becomes non-viable (non-infectious). Of course the exception is that when infected blood is drawn into an air tight syringe. It can remain infectious as the same syringe is used to inject drugs directly into somebody else’s blood system. Even though it remains viable the clock is ticking though and for this risk to be real inject needs to take place almost immediately.

HIV infections by IV needles/syringes represents a small percentage of infections. I believe it is less than 10%, the vast majority of HIV infections come from unprotected anal and /or vagina sex. But if you put yourself at a risk as described above, you should test for HIV.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 04-08-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

HIV has no tell-tale signs or symptoms and cannot be picked up in the blood tests that you mention. Focusing on your body as a way to gauge your status is a waste of mental energy. The only way to know is to take an antibody test. That will settle the matter in your mind once and for all. If it has been three months or more since you shared needles the result will be conclusive.

Closed Thread