It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2012, 04:51 AM   #1
(female)

sasssimi HB User
Hiv ??

Hello I think I had an exposure and I am so scared. The reason is that the lady that was taking my blood at the hospital (in a office where they only take blood all day) put her finger on the spot where she stuck the needle in and did not use any disinfectant. I am afraid that the one before me had hiv and she had touched his blood either through the cotton or just had an accident or that she had hiv herself and she had noticeable cuts on her finger and a blood would have gone through when she inserted the needle... now two weeks later i have sore throat and hedache plus some snot, i know it is probably just the flu but what if? and I would infect my 2 yr old baby... is antibody test, for a person that has never used drugs, only cigarettes (like 2 paks this year!) and 1 time an alchohol this year, and none major medical condition, conclusive at 6,8 or 12 weeks??
I also now have sore throat, my hearing is blurred and fatigue (probably just the flue or other virus, but so scared)

Old 04-13-2012, 05:05 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Hiv ??

Well your concerns are quite parnoid nothing more.
Ok, to explain.

Firstly, its very unlikley the person had HIV before you. Even if they did it would not be an issue for 2 reasons. 1, they would wash their hands and use an alcohol wash after, even if they didnt do that and they had HIV blood on their finger ( and quick frankly this just would not happen ) then you would not be at risk because HIV cannot survive outside the host or other words, once exposed to air it dies.

So you will not be at risk and more so the "what ifs" are so bizzare its not worth pondering

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2012, 06:51 AM   #3
(female)

sasssimi HB User

One more question appollo, you and many other people say that once blood contacts air it dies but researches say othervise why always difference?

Old 04-13-2012, 07:10 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

No resercher would say other wise because its just not true. HIV CANNOT replicate outseide the host unlike bacteria or fungi. Besides all quite pointless because you were never at risk as it just would not happen as you belive it would

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 04-13-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I don't quite believe your story, because there is not a phlebotomist in this world who would draw blood without wearing gloves!! And that is to protect THEMselves from you because they don't know who has HIV and who doesn't! Whether you're in a hospital, a doctor's office, a lab, or anywhere else, the person drawing blood will always wear gloves when drawing blood so this nonsense about touching you while possibly having HIV blood on themself is a fabrication that would never happen.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
(female)

sasssimi HB User

believe me or not, your choice but I have never seen anyone here in Iceland use gloves while drawing blood!!! In the hospital where I was, there were 4 chairs and not one nurse wore gloves...

Closed Thread