It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
(male)

worriedman12 HB User
HIV Vaginal fluids on head of penis

Hello all,
I had relations with a sex worker last week and have been worried if I have contracted the HIV virus. I used protection for both oral and vaginal sex. At the end, I noticed whit vaginal fluids on the base of my penis that the condom did not cover. I went to clean it off using a cloth and alcohol gel, but I rubbed it towards the tip of my penis, making the fluids touch the head and possibly the urethra opening. Am i at risk for HIV? I got tested the next day but realized it takes weeks for me to get results. Please respond, Ive been avoiding my girlfriend for the week and dont want to pass it on to her if Im at risk. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: HIV Vaginal fluids on head of penis

You would not be at risk of HIV thats for sure. As the liquids were exposed to air the HIV virus dies and for HIV to replicate or be of risk it needs to be inside the host not outside, besides all the gel etc would have killed it anyway. HIV is a very fradgile thing and the small amount your talking about would not be a concern anyway.

You should check for std's but as for HIV your fine mate

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The following user gives a hug of support to Apollo123:
worriedman12 (04-14-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Vaginal fluids can only infect you when your penis is inside the vagina. Once exposed to air, HIV loses its ability to infect. You have no risk and therefore no need to test.

Last edited by joggen; 04-14-2012 at 10:33 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to joggen:
The Following User Says Thank You to joggen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 10:38 PM   #4
(male)

worriedman12 HB User

Thanks guys, Ive been really anxious and been reading so many different posts about how fast it dies in the air, that a small amount of fluid touching the urethra can still penetrate it and infect the host, and that only penetration is required. I believe what both of you are saying, im just still nervous on whats true or not about the virus. It was on the towel cloth for sure and mixed with alcohol gel before it touched the head and urethra, so if my other std results are negative, there is a 100% certainty I do not need a retest in 3 months?

Old 04-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
(male)

worriedman12 HB User

Are any of you two doctors by any chance or professionals in the field? That would relieve all my anxiety knowing if one of you guys were. Just curious, im new to this site

Old 04-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by worriedman12 View Post
Thanks guys, Ive been really anxious and been reading so many different posts about how fast it dies in the air, that a small amount of fluid touching the urethra can still penetrate it and infect the host, and that only penetration is required. I believe what both of you are saying, im just still nervous on whats true or not about the virus. It was on the towel cloth for sure and mixed with alcohol gel before it touched the head and urethra, so if my other std results are negative, there is a 100% certainty I do not need a retest in 3 months?
Im 100% certain you do not need to test, put it this way, i wouldnt test if i was in your shoes, certainly the more detail you go, the clearer it is your risk is zero. Fluids on a towl and gel, never a risk in a million years, infact i remeber a post just like this some where else and the information was the same their as it will be here. If their was any chance you was at risk we would say so mate.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 04-15-2012, 12:19 AM   #7
(male)

worriedman12 HB User

Thank you very much for the reassurance Apollo, I will go along with your advice, and pass this anxiety aside. I am trusting your experience and knowledge with this, I just fear of passing it along to anyone else. But thank you again for the information. God bless

Old 04-15-2012, 12:22 AM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Hey no problem mate, Have a great day

Closed Thread