It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2012, 02:09 AM   #1
(male)

flgators HB User
I know alot of people come on here looking for reassurance

and I'm going to add to the list because I have very little help right now since I'm currently working abroad(no, not in Africa).

So, and only honest opinions, please tell me what you think. I posted on here a month ago but a few things have changed so ill run down:

Unprotected sex in late August last year

-2 weeks later a rash on back left shoulder that lasted 2 weeks

-4 weeks later I felt puffiness under both eyes that lasted a month(like that feeling you get when your sick)

- 2 weeks after that I got dark circles under my eyes that have been there ever since(like you get when you don't sleep enough), but these havent left. Also sleeping all night has been and issue and I have had night sweats off and on for a month

- Pain in my joints fairly consistently for the past 7 months

- Red, blotchy palms and fingers that after you press them clear up for a second and then come back. can be very ugly looking (I believe that is palmar Erythma)

- 2 months ago I noticed my gums were purple in some spots and white in others

- dry skin all over my hands, and tiny clusters of red bumps all along the sidesof almost all of my fingers(the past 2 months off and on)

- The sides of both feet have been beet red off and on for about 6 months

- White coated tongue that is sometimes yellowish and I scrub it but it never completely is clean

- Red bumps on the back of my tongue and a sore throat

And I am a pack a day smoker

I know that alot of this is just screaming "HIV" and it scares me so much but I'm alone, nowhere near my home in America, and its not easy to get answers so maybe somewhere here can help and if you think that this is HIV then let me know. My only difference seems to be that if this is HIV that it moved from stage 1(Early) to Stage 3 and skipped the Asymptomatic stage because I havent been symptom free at all. Also, whatever this is, had to happen last August, I was tested for everything last July and came back negative and honestly hadnt ever really done anything before that unbelievably stupid. So, any info will help, and any idea on what it might be if not hiv will help too(Hepatitis, Herpes????)

Thank you for your time

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2012, 02:16 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: I know alot of people come on here looking for reassurance

Have you not been tested since you last posted about this?

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 04-20-2012, 02:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Those "symptoms" may be screaming HIV in your head but they are doing nothing of the sort in reality. Not even close. Whichever dark, ignorant corner of the internet you read that is completely wrong. They quite frankly sound like normal variations of the human body.

Have you sought out testing in whatever part of the world you're at (would you mind disclosing that)? That's the only way to know. HIV has no telltale signs or symptoms.

Last edited by joggen; 04-20-2012 at 02:33 AM.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:19 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

An honest opinion? You should stop looking for “tell-tale “signs and misreading what is happening to you. If this episode happened 7 months ago you now have neither reason nor excuse for not going and having a HIV test and end once and for all this speculation.

You cannot be offered any sort of diagnosis on an online forum based on what you are busy misreading as symptoms of an HIV infection. Your symptoms do not in any way, shape, form or manner scream HIV. What is coming across loud and clear is that rather than end this once and for all you wish to speculate and ask other people to speculate on your behave. An HIV status is never speculative; it is determined by an HIV test.

Buddy, if you have not, get tested.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:35 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

contrary to your beliefs
none of your symptoms are hiv specific.
for instance the ars rash will come and go in days, not weeks.

i don't have the time to run down each of them and point out
logical causes and why you are wrong,but take my word for it
that you need to go find
better things to obsess over..
good luck

Old 05-03-2012, 04:26 AM   #6
(male)

flgators HB User

I am getting tested this month, and I might feel better about it but my mouth just seems to have HIV tell tale ,signs that have me pretty convinced. I've looked al over the Internet and no std causes gums to turn purple except for HIV and it causes karposi sarcoma. And the white coated tongue and red bumps on back I read was candida or yeast infection caused by HIV. Though, this all seems to be happening much quicker than the average.

Either way, I certainly hope I'm wrong but I haven't found anything else it could be. Hell, I'd take any other std obviously. And not being home makes all of this so much harder

Old 05-03-2012, 04:37 AM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Well the HIV test will determine your status, best of luck when you test.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 05-03-2012, 06:12 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Buddy despite being advised differently you still continue to look for what you believe to be “tell tale “signs of an HIV infection. There are none, zero. You are in no position to self diagnose HIV, nobody is. Google is not your friend here, stop using in a pointless way to try and self diagnose HIV. It is impossible.

Again I would advise you to stop bouncing around the net, stop looking at websites looking for the small clues, there are none. Many people get yeast infections many people get coating on their tongues, many do not have HIV. Despite your almost blinding belief that all your ailments have to HIV related and there can be no other explanation, your HIV test is what matters, not your conviction that you must have HIV.

Please have your HIV test (which is the only way HIV is diagnosed), and post your results.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 05-03-2012 at 06:17 AM.

Closed Thread