It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
(male)

anonymous2107b HB User
condom broke

Dear Sir
Last night i was having sex with a prostitute and condom broke out during the sex. i don't know for how much time i did sex with that condom. also we had unprotected oral sex. She sucked my penis without condom and i kissed her. i dont remember of any fluids coming out while oral sex. I am worried that i might have caught HIV virus. Please advice when exactly i have to go for testing and what symptoms i should notice over the next few days.
Thank you very much for your advice.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: condom broke

Well you dont need to look for symptoms as they will never prove your status,infact it only ever creates fear for nothing. If and thats a big if, she had HIV then a one time exposure like this is classes as low risk. In terms of testing you need to test at 3 months for a conclusive result, but a test at 6 weeks will be a very good indication of your status.
Sex workers use condoms to protect themselves from HIV, so its unlikley she would have HIV.

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
anonymous2107b (04-21-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

There are no signs to look for, so please do not start looking. An HIV status is diagnosed one way and one way only, by an HIV test. There is no other way.
Given the fact you were protected up to the point the condom broke, the fact it is very hard to transmit HIV from a female to a male and it is extremely unlikely she had HIV in the first place, it is extremely unlikely you have contracted HIV from this. Your risk was very low but please remembers a low risk is not zero risk.

You should test at 6 weeks and have the result confirmed at 12 weeks. Given what you have posted it is actually very unlikely you will test positive from this.

Kevin.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
anonymous2107b (04-21-2012)
Old 04-21-2012, 01:13 AM   #4
(male)

anonymous2107b HB User

Mr. Kevin and Apollo 123
Thank you very much for your advice. I will get tested in 6 weeks and also in 3 months. i promised God that I will never again have sex with sex workers / people whom i dont know. I dont mean anything bad for those people but i now feel that its not worth risking life for that few moments of pleasure. I hope for good.
Thanks again...

Old 04-21-2012, 01:21 AM   #5
(male)

anonymous2107b HB User

Mr. Kevin and Apollo 123
Thank you very much for your advice. I will get tested in 6 weeks and also in 3 months. i promised God that I will never again have sex with sex workers / people whom i dont know. I dont mean anything bad for those people but i now feel that its not worth risking life for that few moments of pleasure. I hope for good.
Thanks again...

Old 04-21-2012, 01:35 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

No problem mate. Dont beat yourself up, its all a learning curve in life. At 6 weeks also get tested for all std's as well, just to rule anything out.

Best of luck

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
anonymous2107b (04-22-2012)
Old 04-21-2012, 01:44 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Buddy, relax here ok? It is extremely unlikely you have contracted HIV and what is done is done; it cannot be undone by continually beating yourself up. Please try not to dwell on what has happened and try to focus now on what needs to happen to put this behind you.

HIV is not a death sentence neither. It was been extensively studied over the last 30 years and although there is no cure for it, it is a medically diagnosed and treatable condition. With the correct medication people with HIV live long and normal life’s. For you it is extremely unlikely this will happen but please get out of the mind-set that you have risked your life here, you haven’t.

If it is of any comfort, I have been here and other various HIV forums for nearly seven years now and in that entire time I have not come across a single person who has contracted HIV from a condom failure incident. Please try to keep this all in perspective; HIV despite its frightening reputation is an extremely difficult virus to transmit from person to person. As I have said it will be extremely unlikely you will have contracted HIV from this.

Kevin.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
anonymous2107b (04-22-2012)
Closed Thread

Tags
condom broke