It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #31
Inactive
(male)

widler5 HB User
Re: HIV from oral (recieving and giving)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggen View Post
Because I know the stance the expert doctors take on oral sex.

Look, this isn't a debate. I've given you my risk assessment- whether you want to believe me or not is up to you.
Im really angry with myself, I didnt go for the test, im just really nervous..

Old 04-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #32
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Unhappy Re: HIV from oral (recieving and giving)

Quote:
Originally Posted by widler5 View Post
Im really angry with myself, I didnt go for the test, im just really nervous..
You don't need to test but you know that already, but if your going to go on about regarding advice and then not test then what do
You expect we can do to help you ?

Really you need to grow up buddy, it's as simple as that.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #33
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Try to approach it as any other medical test that you have had (e.g. diabetes, cholesterol)- you will still be here when you walk out of the testing clinic, and will probably be feeling better than you are now. The anxiety that the uncertainty in your mind is causing is much worse than what you would be experiencing if you tested positive (which you won't).

Last edited by joggen; 04-29-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #34
Inactive
(male)

widler5 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggen View Post
Try to approach it as any other medical test that you have had (e.g. diabetes, cholesterol)- you will still be here when you walk out of the testing clinic, and will probably be feeling better than you are now. The anxiety that the uncertainty in your mind is causing is much worse than what you would be experiencing if you tested positive (which you won't).
Yeh, I dont think I need testing either tbh, i've had no other symptoms, just the rash, I feel OK, and from all of the sound evidence ive been given from you and Terrence Higgins, its a very negligible activity. I will get tested for peace of mind eventually though, but as it stands, I feel OK, I will book the test when I feel mentally ready

Old 05-01-2012, 04:08 AM   #35
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Buddy, I’m going to give you a tip here. Having an HIV test is not like training for the London Olympics, you don’t have to psyche yourself up for it and get in the right frame of mind. It’s doesn’t take weeks of training to get ready. It is a medical test that, in your case, will lie to rest any doubts you may have. The more you fret and worry about it less inclined you will be to do it.

If you are this concerned and you have absolutely no reason to be, do yourself a huge favour and don’t put this on the back burner hoping that one day it will all go away. It won’t, it will play on your mind until you do the right and sensible thing. Have an HIV test, collect your inevitable negative result and move on with your life. The only person that is stopping you moving on is you. And the only person that can help you to move on is you.

Buddy, do the right thing here, stop making excuses to yourself to not test, and stop with this “I’m too scared to test”. All you are doing is prolonging, needlessly the anxiety and stress that you have, needlessly, put yourself under.

Kevin.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:23 AM   #36
(female)

carebear31 HB User

Hi
Just wanted you to know that there are places you can get an HIV test done and you can get the results in half an hour. It uses a swab on the inside of your cheek and gums to detect the presence of HIV. If you want to test and get the results ASAP it's the way to go. Hope this helps. You should get tested so you can get on with your life and stop worrying. It will take a huge weight off of you when you get a negative test result. Trust me, I know.
Carebear31

Old 05-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #37
Inactive
(male)

widler5 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebear31 View Post
Hi
Just wanted you to know that there are places you can get an HIV test done and you can get the results in half an hour. It uses a swab on the inside of your cheek and gums to detect the presence of HIV. If you want to test and get the results ASAP it's the way to go. Hope this helps. You should get tested so you can get on with your life and stop worrying. It will take a huge weight off of you when you get a negative test result. Trust me, I know.
Carebear31
yeh I know, but I want to go to my local health surgery, (doctors) what do I say on the phone? I think i'd be lost for words, cry then put the phone down

Old 05-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #38
(female)

carebear31 HB User

Just tell them you want to get tested with the rapid aids test. You don't have to give them a detailed reason why. If you want to get a blood test done it will take alot longer. I don't know where you live, but many family planning clinics or womens and Mens health facilities will do it without asking questions. You should get this done for your piece of mind. You know you willl not feel completely at ease because the thought that you have it will always be in the back of your mind.
When I got tested I was worried sick. I was with quite a few partners and never used protection. I had myself convinced that I had it and I made myself physically sick from worrying. I finally got up the nerve to just do it and not think about it. I am so glad I got it done. YOU CAN DO THIS!! YOU WILL BE FINE!!!
Carebear31

Old 05-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #39
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

The sooner you get it done and see for yourself it's negative the sooner you'll stop worrying. Just do it, you'll be fine.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #40
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

I think you will be better off getting help for your mental health. HIV is not a concerm here and the more you post the clearer it is you need professinal health.

As you didnt have a risk and your unable to take a test then maybe the anxity forum is the best place for you to post?

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Last edited by Apollo123; 05-01-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #41
Inactive
(male)

widler5 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
I think you will be better off getting help for your mental health. HIV is not a concerm here and the more you post the clearer it is you need professinal health.

As you didnt have a risk and your unable to take a test then maybe the anxity forum is the best place for you to post?
I know, Me too. I'm just really scared, I'm getting better, the anxiety is going, which im really pleased about, its just im so scared that they will be like oh you're positive, do you guys have any steps on how i can just go and get tested rapidly, i live in gloucestershire, england, and do you think if i said can i have a rapid STD test, they'd take that as HIV?

Old 05-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #42
Facilitator
(male)

Their are loads of private doctors in that area mate. I cannot post any sites but a little research will reward you. I went private myself and most will do the " Insti " test, which will give results within 15 minutes. Just search rapid HIV tests or private doctors in your area.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #43
Inactive
(male)

widler5 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Their are loads of private doctors in that area mate. I cannot post any sites but a little research will reward you. I went private myself and most will do the " Insti " test, which will give results within 15 minutes. Just search rapid HIV tests or private doctors in your area.
Sure, OK, I will do that. Im will be worrying about the results during that time like crazy

Old 05-01-2012, 12:16 PM   #44
Inactive
(male)

widler5 HB User

When shall I go? :/

Old 05-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #45
Facilitator
(male)

when ever you want??

Closed Thread