It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
(female)

bebesrg HB User
Angry HIV or Herpes?

Feb 25 & March 10 I had unprotected sex with a new guy...then on March 23 I had sex with a friend in which we were both very intoxicated so I blacked out not knowing if we used a condom or not....a week later March 30 I experienced an outbreak...Sore muscles, flu like symptoms, vaginal greenish discharge, fever, painful sores which burned extremely when i peed. Monday I immediately went to the clinic and was tested for everything. all the results came back negative...Me knowing my body I knew things were obviously not normal. I am now wondering if maybe it is in fact HIV and it just hasn't shown up in my blood. I am freaking out and every time I look up HIV symptoms or Herpes its all me. I don't know what to do...I have an outbreak now but it is nothing like it was on March 30th...I went to have it swabbed today so I will know if it is herpes by the end of the week....I guess I will have to wait to see if it is HIV in a couple more months....No one knows about this not even the guys What do I do how do I tell them I am having symptoms without actually have been diagnosed....HELPPPP

Old 04-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: HIV or Herpes?

Well this is not a herpes forum, so its not somthing i know in any great detail, but as you have been tested you will get your answer in this week.

For stds; you may have tested a little early. 4 weeks after your last exposure is the best day for testing. To have discharge would indicate an infection.

AS you had unprotected then you will need to test for HIV. As your not sure about the last encounter then we will use that as the start of the window period. So 6 weeks from that date take a test and the results will be a good indication of your status and follow up at 3 months for conclusive results.

In the mean time you need to stop having unprotected sex period and you may want to talk to these guys and get them tested for std's and HIV to.

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2012, 02:34 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Ok please calm down, take a deep breath (yes it does help) and take a huge step back from what you are doing. I would advise you strongly to stop Goggling “HIV symptoms”, stop trying to use Goggle as a tool to look for small clues and tell-tale signs of an HIV infection. Goggle is not your friend here. HIV cannot be self-diagnosed nor can it be diagnosed via Goggle. The amount or lack of symptoms a person may or may not have will have zero bearing on the outcome of an HIV test. All you are doing by continually symptom chasing is adding to your stress and anxiety, please for your own sake stop it.

Please follow the advice given by Apollo about testing for HIV. A negative result at six weeks is extremely unlikely to change with a confirmation test at 12 weeks. Please let’s remain within the facts and not speculate about what this ailment or that ailment may mean. They mean nothing with regards an HIV status. At this moment in time there is a possibility that you had unprotected vaginal sex and that is all it is, a possibility. Even of this happened your risk of an HIV infection is low and you do not even know that the other person actually had HIV, which in itself is extremely unlikely.

If it is now six weeks or close to six weeks since this encounter you can test and be confident that the result will accurately reflect you HIV status.

Kevin.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
(female)

bebesrg HB User

Thank I am trying not to stress...please Pray for me...This has really opened my eyes...

Old 04-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

You have no reason to think this guy has HIV and chances are he does not. And even if he did, your chance of remaining HIV negative would be 99.9% after any single exposure due to the low efficiency that HIV is transmitted through vaginal sex. That is why, for most heterosexuals that catch HIV, there is a history of multiple high risk exposures, often in the context of a long term relationship with an infected partner. Just get checked out and remember this next time, so you can protect yourself and not go through the same thing.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #6
(female)

bebesrg HB User

I will have to wait another 3 months before I can get tested for HIV again.....I tested negative for herpes thru the blood and swab test so I really dont know what could be wrong with me. Greenish discharge, sores, flu like symptoms for a week is not normal...I pray to God that it's not hiv...I will forever use condoms!!

Old 05-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

I’m sorry I am not too sure what is happening here. Who told you that you had to wait another three months for an HIV test again? You can test at 6 weeks after a potential exposure and get a very good indication of your HIV status; this result will then be confirmed at 3 months. You do not have to wait 3 months from now to test for HIV.

And no discharges are not in any way associated with a primary HIV infection.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 05-01-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Your herpes test was to soon to be valid from these exposures. The rest i agree with Kev, im lost. 3 months is the max you ever need to test to. Have you spoken to these guys yet?

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Closed Thread