It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2012, 04:14 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Jamie989 HB User
Im soo scared

Hello can i have a few answers before i go in for my 12 week test im so scared! I had unprotected sex with a man( im male) it only lasted for 2 minutes but i didnt know his hiv status.. Really stupid of me i was drunk. I got all ars symptoms at 4 weeks but my mouth went dry one week later than the post. I tested negative using lab test at 4.5 weeks and again neg at 9.5 weeks using insti rapid test. At the 10th week i have the worst pains and headache i have ever had and also all my lymph nodes are hurting. But only 10 weeks after incident. Im going crazy. I have my test in the morning. The question is how likely is it going to change from the 9 weeks to the 12 i feel like im looseing my mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2012, 04:33 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Im soo scared

Extremely unlikely. I have never even heard of a 6 week negative test turn positive at 12 weeks, let alone a 9 week test.

Kevin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2012, 04:41 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

I full agre with kevin. You laste test is 99% conclusive and just is very unlikley to change, so take this test as a routine test, im sure your going to be fine mate

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 04-24-2012, 04:44 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Jamie989 HB User

Thanks kevin i also keep getting really weird pins and needles throughout my entire body its wierd im just soo scared i also get these red bumps and blotches on my skin that has been coming up from week 4 i still have a white tongue from week 1 to all the other ars symptoms have gone i still het veryt tired from time to time. Can eating loads of junk food and working to much stop the antibodys from showing up in the test early. I cant believe i slept with someone without protectioniv only ever slept with 2 people and both times using protection. Im afraid im going to have this guilt for the rest of my life. Thanks for getting back to kevin

Old 04-24-2012, 04:48 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Jamie989 HB User

Thanks apolla your words are very comforting. I hope it is neg. il never do anything stupid like this again

Old 04-24-2012, 04:52 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Guilt can be really difficult, buddy, but please understand guilt does not determine your HIV status, an HIV test does. Yes you put yourself at risk but you have tested out negative. This result is extremely unlikely to change, please understand I nor anybody else can give you an absolute guarantee but really your nine week test is bankable.

Buddy stop beating yourself up here. What is done is done and cannot be undone. We all screw up mate, we all make mistakes, it called being a human being. There is not a single one on the planet that as not messed up at one point.

Kevin.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:54 AM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiehughes1989 View Post
Thanks apolla your words are very comforting. I hope it is neg. il never do anything stupid like this again
Thats ok Jamie. Dont beat yourself up about it mate, we have all made mistakes in life. Just take it as lesson learned, put it behind you and use condoms in the future.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
Jamie989 (04-25-2012)
Old 04-24-2012, 05:39 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Jamie989 HB User

Please!! Can eating junk food and working loads of hours stop me from producing antibodys early/ im only 22 and in very good health i cant remember the last time i was sick than during the last 3 month.Sorry just really nervous bout the test result changing

Old 04-24-2012, 05:41 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

Jamie989 HB User

Sorry only just got your messeges sorry for the last post

Old 04-24-2012, 05:46 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Please!! Can eating junk food and working loads of hours stop me from producing antibodys early/ im only 22 and in very good health i cant remember the last time i was sick than during the last 3 month.Sorry just really nervous bout the test result changing
No, regardless of your diet and your exercise or lack off, they will have zero impact on your ability to produce HIV antibodies. And they do not have any impact on your test results.

Kevin.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:52 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)

Jamie989 HB User

Thank you for all your replys. I will sure to get back to you tomorow about my status and how the test went. Again thank you very much

Old 04-24-2012, 05:55 AM   #12
Inactive
(male)

Chill out here buddy, really. You are on the home stretch. It is extremely, as in astronomically, unlikely you will test positive at 12 weeks.

Please let us know how it turns out for you.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 04-24-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #13
Inactive
(male)

Jamie989 HB User

The thing that is really eating away at me is that some people only develope antibodys after 3 months whats the percentage this will happen

Old 04-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #14
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
The thing that is really eating away at me is that some people only develope antibodys after 3 months whats the percentage this will happen
No they dont? 3 months is conclusive unless your having agrresive chemo, or have been a long term IV drug user or your on antiviral medication for having an organ transplant and even then its very very rare anyway. As this does not apply to you you having nothing to worry about.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #15
Inactive
(male)

Jamie989 HB User

Thank you.

Closed Thread