It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
(male)

bgtvfr HB User
Idiot abroad and prostitute

Hello,

I am hoping someone can give me some advice on the following...

I went on a boys' holiday just over 3 weeks ago and we ended up in a brothel. I ended up going with one of the ladies, mixture of drunkenness, egged on etc. I completely regret the incident and wish I had had more self-control at the time so anything I am feeling now or may have is my fault.

You probably hear the same things over and over again but I am completely paranoid now and it is ruling my life.

I am worried in case the condom had come off earlier and I have had my penis inside her without protection, possibly caught HIV through giving her oral sex and the fact that she was a prostitute ...

At the two weeks marks since the encounter, I have a sore throat, aches all over body and a blocked nose but no rash or big fever, I can still go to work etc, I am not bed bound as you would be with the flu.

What are your views on this please? Any help / advice would be really appreciated.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-01-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Idiot abroad and prostitute

Ok the oral sex is never a risk - fact.

Now its the case of did you have unprotected sex or not and that mate is only somthing you can say for sure. If you did then a test at 3 months will be conclusive although a test at 6 weeks will be a good indication of your status if you cannot wait that long. A one time exposure is certainly at the lower end of the scale but a risk is a risk all the same.

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
bgtvfr (04-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

You risk, if any, is extremely small, even if she had HIV. If your penis was inside a vagina and was unprotected then you may and I stress the word may have been exposed to an HIV infection. But because you may have been exposed to an HIV infection does not mean you will automatically be infected, far from it. HIV, despite its fierce reputation, is an extremely difficult virus to transmit from a female to a male; this is even if she had it, which you are not sure of.

You should test out here buddy, simply for peace of mind. I doubt very much you will have contracted HIV from this but if you had a risk, all be it very small you should take it seriously.

And please stop examining yourself, HIV is never self diagnosed. It does not matter if you have a sore throat, running nose, etc. HIV is never diagnosed by the amount or lack of symptoms a person may or may not have. It is diagnosed one way and one way only, by an HIV test.

Kevin.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
(male)

bgtvfr HB User

Thank you very much for the replies, it happened 3 weeks last Sunday, is it possible to go for testing in the next day or two? And are 1 hour HIV tests the same tests that you would get elsewhere where you have to wait longer?

Thanks again.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Their is no point testing before 4 weeks. At 4 weeks you can take a 4th generation test like a DUO which will give a good indication of your status 95%. A insti test at the time will be around 90%

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 04-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Was the condom hanging out of her vagina when you withdrew? If that is the case you would have been protected 100% of the time and would not be at risk. This is actually quite common and usually happens when the person doesn't withdraw properly (i.e. hold the condom at the base). You would only be at risk if the condom was stuck inside her when you exited and the CSW had to fish it out, and as others have said, it would be a slight risk.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #7
(male)

bgtvfr HB User

Well that's where I am not really sure as I was on top, pulled out, looked down and the condom was on the bed just below my penis. I am hoping it came off whilst I was pulling out and the condom ended up there. The other possibility is that it came off whilst I was on top of her, carried on without realising (but this would literally be for 2mins max as I wasn't on top for long), pulled out and realised it was off.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Buddy, the golden rule is "if in doubt test out". It is actually very unlikely you have contracted HIV but for complete peace of mind do yourself a huge favour and do not put this on the back burner and hope it will go away. It won’t, it will play on your mind until you test and get a result. It will, as stated, in all probability be negative.

And buddy, it goes without saying booze and casual sex, regardless of the circumstances, can be a dangerous combination. Your HIV status is your responsibility; try not to let booze cloud your judgement in future, ok?

Kevin.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:59 AM   #9
(male)

bgtvfr HB User

Well I am booked in for this Friday, I know it's a bit earlier than the 4 weeks (by 2 days) but at least it can be a start and also in case I caught anything else.

This is a big wake up call, completely ruined the last four weeks and making excuses not to do anything with my girlfriend etc and having these cold symptoms just make me even more paranoid. Never, ever again will I put myself in this situation.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

It is early but if you are after peace of mind it should give it you. Most all HIV infections are now detected between 2 to 6 weeks. If I was you, I would sit tight for a few more weeks and test at 6 weeks. A negative result here is a good as and will be extremely unlikely to change at 12 weeks.

Of course this is your call but please a word of caution here, buddy. HIV testing is not something that should been done over and over again. The more you test, the more you run the very real danger of getting a false positive result. This is when somebody who as not got HIV gets a positive result. It can happen, it does happen, I have seen it happen. The effects can be devastating.

You only need two tests to confirm your HIV status, one at 6 weeks and one at 12 weeks. Although other tests in-between can offer peace of mind, there is the risk of getting a false result.

Kevin.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #11
(male)

bgtvfr HB User

Thanks mate, will let you know what the test says on Friday. I am hoping they can do a one hour HIV test, if not, will have to wait for results.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #12
(male)

bgtvfr HB User

Well I got my test results today, they did a full screening and the HIV test, all came back negative. I did take the test a little bit early, around the 25/26 day mark...I will eventually go back and get tested again to be sure but my question is what is the general accuracy of the HIV test at this stage?

Thanks again!

Old 05-31-2012, 09:22 AM   #13
(male)

bgtvfr HB User

Hey guys, to keep interested people updated... I got my sex weeks (and 1 day) results back today and all negative. I will of course do a 3 months test but so far so good and quite a big relief as that's two tests that are negative...

Also, I asked the woman on the phone what HIV test they use and she was unsure (she was the receptionist and no nurses were available) but am I right in presuming that the NHS in the UK use the Duo Test?

Many thanks

Old 05-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #14
Facilitator
(male)

Hi Mate, good to hear from you and the good news on your results. You know you need a 3 month confirmation but 6 weeks is great news and very unlikley to change.

The Uk do use the DUO, but at this stage any test would be 99% conclusive. Of course it impossible to say what test was used, only they will know that but its good news so enjoy the nice long bank holiday,

Old 05-31-2012, 11:00 PM   #15
Inactive
(male)

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

It was most probably a 4th Gen but to be honest I cannot be sure. Regardless, at 6 weeks any HIV antibody test is extremely accurate (4th gen is slightly more accurate earlier).

You should have this result confirmed at 12 weeks. It is extremely unlikely to be any different.

Kevin.

Closed Thread