It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2012, 01:17 AM   #1
(male)

WorriedTeen66 HB User
Very worried and scared. please help!

Hello all, I am very worried about my encounter and I would like some help.

I am 19 and in 2010 I met an older man off craigslist. For almost 2 years (ended in Dec. 2011) we had several (atleast 10) vists with each other. Each time we would engage in Oral sex and rimming. He never came in my mouth the whole time. About 8 days after our last encounter, I did not feel well, a rash devloped on my chest (looks more like cracked skin, but is very red and is still there today) then a few days after I came down with Pnumonia and went to the doctor, got 3 rocephin shots and was fine a few days later. Now, the only symptom that I have had daily since about a week 1/2 after our last encounter is I have very frequent bowel movements 5+ a day and most of them are small or loose stools, I also can not eat as much (its not a mental loss of appetite, but physical) I have read that is a very common sign of early HIV. I also read that oral is low risk, but the risk increases with each encounter with someone who is infected. He also rimmed and fingered me a few times. I know this is an HIV section, but if not HIV, what other possible STD could it be, if an STD at all. I have read that there are studies suggesting that HIV is not possible from oral sex, and I have red some that said up to 7% of HIV cases are from oral sex. Please clear this up for me, thank you.

Last edited by WorriedTeen66; 04-26-2012 at 01:20 AM.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:52 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Very worried and scared. please help!

If you read enough online it can be guaranteed as in absolutely guaranteed that you will find no end of contradictory information. It can also be guaranteed that it will count for nothing. Oral sex is and remains a theoretical risk of HIV transmission. In the entire time HIV has been around, over 30 years, there is not a single scientifically verified case of it ever happening this way. The only confirmed risk of HIV transmission, sexually, is through unprotected anal and /or vaginal sex.

Your mouths lining, unlike the lining of the vagina and anus is extremely robust and resilient to viral infections and also unlike the vagina and anus contains saliva. Saliva is not only non-infectious but contains enzymes and proteins that break down the extremely fragile HI virus rending it non-viable (non-infectious).

Buddy do yourself huge favour here, stop reading about HIV online. Because you are sexually active you should as a matter of responsibility have a full sexual health check yearly, including an HIV test. You have no HIV concerns here and have no reason to worry about an HIV infection from the activities you have described.

And please stop trying to self-diagnose HIV, it is impossible. The amount or lack of symptoms a person may or may not have will have zero bearing on the outcome of an HIV test, which is the only way HIV is diagnosed.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 04-26-2012 at 01:55 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
eric4432 (04-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread