It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
(male)

mike1515 HB User
help, scared/paranoid

I am a 28 year old male. I had sex with a csw, i used a condom but i fear that the condom burst. I realized that I did not clear the condom bubble of air. She also performed oral on me without the condom on. Also, during the second round of the encounter (same night), when the woman stood up, the condom was not on my penis anymore and it appears that it dropped out of her vagina. She was on top both times. I didnt check the condom both times so I cant confirm if it burst. Now, I'm really scared. If anyone can give advice please do. Do I have to get myself tested? Will a test at 25 days after "exposure" be accurate? Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: help, scared/paranoid

Had the condom failed you would have known it had failed. Condoms are designed to fail catastrophically and both parties are altered to it very quickly. The fact you are questioning whether condom failed states it did not fail. Along with the fact the condom covered your penis throughout, the fact it remained inside the women as you withdrew means you were not exposed in any way to an HIV infection.

Oral sex, with or without a condom, carries no risk. You have no need to test for HIV over this. But if you do so, it will be for peace of mind. You did not have an exposure and your test at 25 days will almost certainly be negative.

You need not test out to the full 12 weeks because you were not at a risk of an HIV infection.

Kevin.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
mike1515 (04-29-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

If the condom burst you would have known about it. You issue is nothing more than
Paranoia about what you did.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
mike1515 (04-29-2012)
Old 04-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
(male)

mike1515 HB User

Thank you very much guys. It's just that I don't use condoms often and it was my first time having it with a csw. This is why I'm not sure if the condom burst since I have close to no experience using one. Thanks again.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:57 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Thats ok mike. If a condom bursts then its like a burst balloon and all that is left is a ring around the base of your penis, so beassured all was fine mate

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 04-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
(male)

mike1515 HB User

So you guys think there is no need for testing? Thanks guys.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

No exposure = no need for testing

Old 05-01-2012, 04:14 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1515 View Post
So you guys think there is no need for testing? Thanks guys.
No, there is no need for an HIV test over this. If you are sexually active it is advisable to have an annual sexual health check-up, including an HIV test.

But as for testing over this specific incident, chalk it up and move on with your life.

Kevin.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:04 AM   #9
(male)

mike1515 HB User

Thank you guys very much!

Closed Thread