It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
(male)

caughtinfear HB User
Sure but scared... Please HELP !!

I had protected intercourse with a prostitute about 8 weeks back. I have been running to the doctor for 3 weeks now with one problem or the other. I had a fever & headache 5 weeks post exposure. The doctor said that it is because of the throat and gave me antibiotics. The next week my throat went even worse and went to another doctor who again gave me antibiotics. In between my lymph nodes have become swollen. Also, had night sweats for 3-4 days. Now, today doctor has told me that i have tonsils and has again given me antibiotics. Deep down inside, I know that logically there is no chance that the virus could have been transferred to me. But these symtoms are really unexplained. I have also got p24 antigen HIV antibodies test done at 6 & 8 weeks and they both came negative. But today i just noticed another swelling of the lymph node in my armpit, which is really killing me. I am not able to find an answer for all these unexplained symptoms. Please HELP !!

Last edited by caughtinfear; 06-16-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Sure but scared....Please HELP !!

Hi,

Whatever the cause of your ailments they are not related to an HIV infection, you did not put yourself at a risk of because you used protection. Buddy, having needless tests for HIV carries with it real risks. These risks are that you could get a false positive result, this is when an HIV test returns a positive result when that person does not have HIV, it happens and it is well documented that it happens.

You should focus your attention elsewhere and listen to your own logic; HIV is not an issue for you. Please stop trying to make it one.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 06-16-2012 at 03:23 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
caughtinfear (06-19-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

you need to be working with a doctor and having patience.
some things are not easy to diagnose and take time to figure out.
contrary to your belief, hiv is not one of those things
your results are already predetermined as being negative.
i know this because you were never exposed to the hiv virus in the first place
condoms prevent it from happening....
good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to smiteler For This Useful Post:
caughtinfear (06-19-2012)
Old 06-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
(male)

caughtinfear HB User

Thanks Kevin & smiteler.... Actually, i am freaking out because this has never happened to me before.Also, googling out HIV symptoms has really made it worse. Thanks again for your replies, it makes me feel better & definately more RELIEVED... Now, I just hope this ailment passes away just as it came.

Old 06-24-2012, 02:16 AM   #5
(male)

caughtinfear HB User
Re: Sure but scared... Please HELP !!

Neck lymph node swelling for approx 4 weeks now... Am just consuming the antibiotics given by my doctor but the same is not producing any results... Can this be a symptom of HIV... Am extremely paranoid now... PLS ADVICE

Old 06-24-2012, 02:42 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

How can they be HIV related when you were not exposed to HIV. Their is nothing else we can do for you mate as you didnt have a risk. Any symptoms you have see a doctor about them.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
caughtinfear (06-24-2012)
Old 06-24-2012, 04:09 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Buddy I can only echo what Apollo as said to you. There is nothing further you can be offered on an HIV forum. You were advised to stop the symptom chasing and you were advised you were not even at a risk of an HIV infection. Choosing to ignore this advice and then asking the same question, only worded differently, will not bring forward any further advice.

You were not at a risk of an HIV infection, ok?

Kevin.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2012, 05:54 AM   #8
(male)

caughtinfear HB User

Thanks bro.. and am sorry for asking the same question again and again.... I have just grown a bit paranoid and am not able to understand the reason of the swelling of these lymph nodes...the same is also effecting my work.... Am visiting my doc again today, hope he is able to pull me out of this.... really appreciate your replies, thanks a lot... You are doing a great job.. I guess i just need to calm down & pray: Lymph node swelling please go AWAY !!

Old 06-24-2012, 06:32 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

How do you even know your lymph nodes are swollen? Only a trained medical professional can diagnose swollen lymph nodes. And they will also swell when poked or prodded- stop feeling them.

The Following User Says Thank You to joggen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #10
(male)

caughtinfear HB User

Yeah, I know and the doc has also confirmed the same... there is a cervical lymph gland, near my collar bone which is creating all the problem... he has asked me to go for a tissue test tomorrow... I just hope everything comes out normal... Thanks guys for being there for me on this... I have no one else to discuss my fears.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #11
(male)

caughtinfear HB User

Guys, am pretty scared today... am going for the FNAC (Fine Needle Aspiration cytology) of my lymph node.... i just hope & pray that everything comes out normal... I just noticed that i have lost abt 3 kgs in last 8 weeks and the white coating on my tongue is not going away... i just hope you guys are right, i seriously hope with all my heart...

Old 06-25-2012, 04:24 AM   #12
Inactive
(male)

Buddy, HIV obsession and paranoia threats are not allowed on this board.

You had protected sex and were not at any risk of an HIV infection. Your concerns do not belong on an HIV prevention forum.

Kevin.

Closed Thread