It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
(male)

Jean883 HB User
Unprotected sex and deep kissing with HIV +

Dear all,

First, i ask god that u never go through the pain i am going through now. I went to france for a trip and there in a sauna i kissed a guy deep kissing and then had unprotected oral but wasnt long and i didnt finish it. Before that, same day i had protected sex with another guy who asked me to wear the condumn but the it broke and he felt it while i didnt so he stopped me and asked me to change it. As for the first guy, we exchanged emails and i told him how much i admired him and liked the kissing. He then said i am too kind to be with him and i dont deserve him. He said he is hiv positive. I was devestated to know. I am in full panic. I am only 9 days after exposure and cant wait for 3 months. I thoght of killing myself out of fear and panic. I am really down and have many sleepless nights. I talked to him again crying why he did this to me, he said i am healthier than u are and detected his hiv early and is on medication and that he was careful that i dont get it. What should i do at this stage ? Rna pcr or dna pcr. I cant wait 3 months.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:42 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Unprotected sex and deep kissing with HIV +

Ok you need to calm down a little. Your post is confusing so work with me on this.

The kissing and oral sex is not a risk of HIV. The broken condom is a risk. Now which was the person who said he he had HIV ( but he may not ), was it the kissing or the sex?

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2012, 12:52 AM   #3
(male)

Jean883 HB User

Dear apollo,

The guy who is hiv positive is the guy i kissed and had unprotected oral sex. The kissing lasted 45 minuted while tge oral only for 2 minutes. I cant calm down. I have alot of tears and my body shakes out of fear and i wake up screaming at night. I think i want to die than to continue like this. My body itches everywhere somethinh I never had before. I am married and have kids and this will be the end of my life

Old 07-04-2012, 01:15 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

You were not at risk from kissing or oral sex - fact. You are at a small risk from the broken condom, to which you should test for at 6 weeks for a good indication of your status.

Now you have a family so you need to pull yourself together Jean and stop with these thoughts. Your issue is guilt, that is plain to see and only time will sort that out to some extent, more so when you get your result from the tests. Your in a very stressfull sistuation, hence why your feeling like you are. Health boards has an anxity forum which you may benefit from posting and getting some support whilst you wait for results.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 07-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #5
(male)

Jean883 HB User

6 weeeeeeks why

What about rna pcr they say 2 weeks i can do. It is expensive but it will cool me down a bit. For my wife i had to lie to get away from here for 3 months. I have one testicle that is not in its place and there has been always risk for cancer. She has kniwn that for long. I told her now doctors are suspecting i might have cancer and i should not have sex for three months until finishing all tests. It was painful to see her tears. What did i do to her? I dont deserve her ? I dont deserve to be a father . My brothers abd sisters look up to me for being a good role model. I was thier father when father left us. It will kill me to see them in pain because of me. Oh god help me

Old 07-04-2012, 01:36 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Your not the first and you wont be the last to be in this position, yes its not ideal but we are here now and its a case of dealing with. You must understand your "brief" exposure with the failed condom is not that high a risk, also its very unlikley he even had HIV anyway. I can understand your concern but you must understand your risk is quiet low.

A PCR RNA test is an option yes and if you need to take it for peace of mind then do so. You will still need to take an antibody test, but it will give you an accuracy of 95% at 2 weeks.

As for you, well you made a mistake but their is no point beating yourself up about it. For now you need to focus and get busy taking your mind away from this or you will make yourself very ill Jean.

Old 07-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #7
(male)

Jean883 HB User

Oh god

Life is difficult at this time. I am going insane. Guys i am planning to do rna pcr soon wish me good luck. If turns positive, i will have heart attack

Old 07-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Make sure its a RNA not a DNA pcr test. Best of luck.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #9
(male)

Jean883 HB User

Apollo
When u said it will give me 95% accurcy at two weeks u are refering to antibody test or rna pcr ? If antibody test is the answer, why should i wait three months if it is giving me 95%, and if u meant the rna is giving that high accurcy why do i need to still do the antibody test later if rna is already giving me that high certainty ?
I am confused lost and devstated . I cant enjoy anything around me.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi,

Your first exposure of kissing and oral sex with somebody who as HIV does not constitute a risk of an HIV transmission. The second encounter of brief unprotected anal sex with somebody who’s HIV status is unknown is a very very small risk of an infection.

You need to calm down and drop all the needless drama about suicide and dying. If you cannot, please go to the nearest ER and explain your concerns to a doctor. You are grossly over reacting to a tiny risk of an HIV infection and you need to get this perspective.

Buddy you are grossly over estimating the risk you put yourself at and over estimating how easy it is to get HIV. HIV transmission is extremely difficult and given what you have posted it is very unlikely you have been infected.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 07-05-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #11
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanVidal View Post
Apollo
When u said it will give me 95% accurcy at two weeks u are refering to antibody test or rna pcr ? If antibody test is the answer, why should i wait three months if it is giving me 95%, and if u meant the rna is giving that high accurcy why do i need to still do the antibody test later if rna is already giving me that high certainty ?
Im talking about the PCR test jean. Antibody tests are pointless so early on. PCR test's are not designed to confirm your HIV status, only a antibody test can do that and 3 months when you need to have a final test.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanVidal View Post
Apollo
Buddy, if you are testing for HIV I would advise you stop looking at PCR tests. These tests are extremely sensitive and as you have said d are very expensive. The biggest problem with them is they’re very sensitive and sometimes give a positive result when the person does not have HIV. This is called a false positive. You should wait until at least 4 weeks, preferably 6 weeks for an HIV antibody test which are far less prone to give false results. There are no short cuts where HIV testing is concerned, sorry.

You should then have this result confirmed at 12 weeks. A negative result at 6 weeks is extremely unlikely to change at 12 weeks.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 07-05-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:12 AM   #13
(male)

Jean883 HB User

Dear all,

But this mean if pcr gives negative is unlikely that antibody test will give positove later.

I am meeting a doctor tom specilized and see what he says. U all have been great help. Sorry for what looks to u like a drama but is in reality a mind troubling matter. Either i will laugh on this in the future or i will cry really hard on it.

Last edited by Jean883; 07-06-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:22 AM   #14
Facilitator
(male)

I was talking about a pcr test accuracy Jean. It's to early to test with a antibody test. Personally I would follow the advise given by myself and Kevin and wait four weeks and test with a HIV duo test which is cheaper, more reliable and over 95% conclusive.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:34 AM   #15
(male)

Jean883 HB User

I just made rna test. Talking to the doctor, he said the risk is high because there was small pentration even if it was for one second. It was unintentional and it was more like a second or two and it was only for the head of my tool even not all of the head.
However as the doctor said in really mean way , but correct one, we can argue here for hours , there is a risk and u need to be tested. I told him it is only 11 days after exposure he said still can do. So i did it and it will take 3 to 5 days for hiv1 and 7 days for hiv2.
I am praying that things will be ok. Oh god help please

Closed Thread