It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 01:50 AM   #1
(male)

Whatshould HB User
What is my risk?

Hi! I've received unprotected oral sex from CSW on mid May 2012. At that time the lady that giving me the oral sex are having cough & I'm not dure about her status. 2 weeks after that I start to have rash/blister & which is some of it are itch. Till today (52 days) I can see that there will be new rash develop in my face, arm & thight. 2 weeks after that I've also experience sweating at night (while sleeping) for about 1 week. I also have sore throat, fatigue, muscle pain & join pain & sometimes feels chill which start after 2 weeks of the activity. The mucle pain & fatigue was gone last week (week 7).

I've done the antibody rapid test on 6 week (40 days) & the result is -ve. 3 days ago I notice there is tonsil at my throat & I also feel uneasy feeling at neck & under chin area. Not sure whether it was due to the swollen lymph node. I'm plan to take another antibody rapid test somewhere next week (at the end of 8 week). May I know what will be the risk & what is the chance for me to keep the result to be -ve. Appreciate a feedback as I feel very worried for few weeks..

Old 07-05-2012, 02:30 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: What is my risk?

Hiya, well their is only good news.

1. Oral sex is not a risk of HIV, certainly not reciving like you did.
2, You test at 6 weeks prove your HIV negative from a no risk exposure.

Now i wouldnt even test again but if you do it will be negative for sure. Now i know your going to ask about your "symptoms" well its simple, they are NOT HIV or you would have tested positive.

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2012, 03:28 AM   #3
(male)

Whatshould HB User

Hi Apollo123! Thank U for your reply. From my reading the conclusive result will be only at 13 weeks. With all the symptom that I've now, it's really drive me crazy!! Eventhough U have said oral sex is not a risk, probably I'll do the test as assurance. Wish me the best & I'll share it whenever I did the test. Thank U again!!

Old 07-05-2012, 03:48 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Well 12 weeks is conclusive if you had a risk, but of course you didnt, so i dont need to wish you the best for your next test, i know the out come mate - negative

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 07-05-2012, 07:55 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi,

Your risk really was zero but if you want to test to 12 weeks this is your call. Expect negative results.

Kevin.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
(male)

Whatshould HB User

Thanks Apollo123 & Kevin. It's a relieve to hear that the resk is low. But, I can't stop thinking about it. Like my previous post, the test is assurance before I move on with my life.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:41 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Buddy your risk was not low, it was zero. If you want to keep testing this is your call but you should be made aware of the risks of having needless HIV tests. Testing for HIV is not infallible. Sometimes unexpected results are returned and some people test positive even though they have not got HIV. This is called a false positive, it happens, I have seen it happen and it is well documented it happens. If it happens they effects can be devastating and can take time to sort out.

Like I said this is your call, if I was you I would put this to bed and walk away. The only HIV concern you have is the one you are fabricating in your own head.

Kevin.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:16 AM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

I can only follow to say we said zero risk like threads of this nature and if people test the result is always the same- negative

Old 07-07-2012, 04:15 AM   #9
(male)

panicover94 HB User

You're fine, from my reading of other forums and extensive reading on posts over here from @apollo and @blokecalledkev symptoms can never be an indicator of HIV. ORAL sex poses no risk of HIV transmission

Old 07-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #10
(male)

Whatshould HB User

Thank U panicover94 for the comment. There is to many symptom that I've thus it make me worry. Wish I'll get a -ve result as U..

Old 07-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #11
(male)

panicover94 HB User

Symptoms are never an indicator of an individuals HIV status, only a HIV test can do that. I am sure that you'll be absolutely fine

Old 07-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #12
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatshould View Post
Thank U panicover94 for the comment. There is to many symptom that I've thus it make me worry. Wish I'll get a -ve result as U..
They count for nothing if they did then every poster here would have been negative.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:07 AM   #13
(male)

Whatshould HB User

Appollo & Kevin, thank U for your reply. I did another round of antibodies rapid test yesterday (57 days after exposure) & the result is -ve. I'll do another round of test at the 13th week & hopefully the result will be the same. Wish me the best & will update again once I've take another round of test..

Old 07-11-2012, 01:48 AM   #14
Facilitator
(male)

It will be negative because you had no risk, that is what we are trying to tell you

Your next test will be negative but really i dont see why your testing again, your better off moving on with your life.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #15
Inactive
(male)

Hi,

You have already been advised of the risk of having needless HIV tests and you have also been advised you were not at a risk of an HIV infection. Buddy this is now call, if you wish to continue with this needless HIV drama then really there is nothing further you can be offered on any board.

Kevin.

Closed Thread