It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
(male)

Nick1978 HB User
Not Sure

Please anybody to help me,

I had a sexual encounter on the 06/05/12 with a sex worker and i worry for HIV. I got tested as follow:

ECLIA TEST 4 WEEKS AND 5 DAYS AFTER NEGATIVE
HIV AG/AB TEST AT 6 WEEKS NON REACTIVE
ELISA 3RD GENERATION TEST AT 6 WEEKS AND 4 DAYS NEGATIVE
PCR RNA TEST AT 8 WEEKS NEGATIVE
ELISA TEST AT 8 WEEKS AND 5 DAYS NEGATIVE

Are these tests enough to conclude that i m negative or i still need to worry? On 6 weeks and 2 days i started having sore throat, diarrhea, muscle pains, headaches, joint pain, pain around stomach, and stomach sickness. Now 4 weeks and 4 days since my initial symptoms started i m left with joint pain, muscle pains and for the last 3 days i have month thrush and burning tongue.

I dont know what is happening. Can anyone please help

Old 07-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Not Sure

Hi,

Your test results are a very good indicator that you did not contract HIV from the encounter that has got you so concerned. Depending on the nature of the sexual encounter that as got you so worried is really dependant as to whether you should test out to the full 12 weeks of the window period. If on the other hand your sexual encounter did not carry a risk of a HIV infection and you are testing for peace of kind, they are bankable. I have never seen a 6 week negative result turn positve later on, let alone a 8 week one.

Your symptoms cannot be commented on any online forum but if they’re of concern you should seek professional advice from doctor. The presence of HIV is never determined by the amount or lack of symptoms you may experience and given your extremely accurate tests results it is very unlikely they are related to HIV, plus they do not even resemble the symptoms of a primary HIV infection.

If you wish to offer up further details of your sexual encounter you can be offered further advice.

Kevin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

You have already over tested fro thiis, your last test is very unlikley to change and is 99% conclusive. If your symptoms were hiv related than you would tested postive for sure, as you tested negative they are not from hiv.

As kevin has said, what was your exposure?

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 07-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

what kind of sex did you have and
did you use a condom?
your tests indicate you are hiv negative
look at something else to be causing you symptoms
good luck

Old 07-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #5
(male)

Nick1978 HB User

I had sex with a sex worker picked up from the street, the problem is that we used her own condom and she put it on for me. I don't remember if condom was ok after sex. I think so! And i don't know what kind of condom she used and the condition of the condom. I don't know if expiry date past! I know i should have check all this but i stupidly didn't and now i worry.

Thanks for your replies

Old 07-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi,

Buddy, you can be assured if a sex worker provided the condom it was usable and safe. Sex workers use condoms to protect themselves from you not you from them. It’s extremely unlikely that she would provide a condom that would in any way compromise her own safety, ok? She was protecting herself from you.

And despite what you may believe not every sex worker as every sexually transmitted disease under the sun and is simply waiting for an opportunity to infect the nearest person that comes along. Most, this one included, take their sexual health very seriously.

Buddy, bottom line here, you have grossly over reacted and grossly over tested to an event that did not put you anywhere near an HIV infection. You didn’t even need to test for HIV let alone have five tests and although your symptoms cannot be commented on here they certainly are not related to an HIV infection. You were never even exposed to one.

Kevin.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:32 AM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

You had protected sex and didn need to test. The quality of the condom really dosnt matter as long as it has not broken. If you penis head is covered you are not at risk of HIV and as that is the case for yourself then your only testing for parnoia not for any medical reason. Really you are fine, forget about this and move on buds

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 07-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #8
(male)

Nick1978 HB User

Thanks all of you! I will anyway get tested again at 3 months to be 100% sure.

Thanks again for the support you made feel better

Old 10-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #9
(male)

Cititel HB User

So nick, how was your result? Mind sharing with us...

Closed Thread