It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
(male)

aworriedguy123 HB User
Very worried about HIV

Hi everyone. I hope you can help me or at least set my mind at ease about this.

Two days ago, I did something really stupid to get back at someone and I had sex with a prostitute. It was my first time having sex. I brought my own condoms but she used another and put it on me herself (a blue one that seemed relatively thick) I do not know what brand it was but it seemed like latex.

She performed oral sex at first and then I decided to have vaginal intercourse. Probably because of guilt I did not enjoy this and I withdrew my penis after less than a minute. I then tried a different position and again, withdrew after less than a minute. We had intercourse for less than two minutes total. I wore the condom the whole time. After that she gave me oral sex again while I was still wearing the condom. After I ejaculated she removed the condom with tissue paper and cleaned me off with more tissue.

I am worried that I may have caught something even though I used protection. I do not know the quality of the condom she used and I am afraid it may have been a cheap generic brand. What are the chances of vaginal fluid getting around the rim of the condom and to the head? Is there any chance that the virus could pass through the condom?

I am also uncircumcised with unretractable phimosis. I've read that this Increases the risk of disease. I am also worried that the condom may have bunched up inside her since the foreskin moves a bit. The skin at the tip is usually closed though.

I am seriously starting to freak out every time I think about this. I regret ever going there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Very worried about HIV

Hi,

Buddy you can regret this all you want but it does not alter the simple fact that no matter what spin you put on it you had protected sex and were not exposed to an HIV infection. Do yourself a huge favour and walk away from this. Playing out all sorts of what if scenarios is of no benefit and will not alter anything that as happened. There is no such thing as a poor quality condom, so long as it stayed intact your were fully protected from an HIV infection. And Please HIV working its way though small holes in condoms is one of the oldest urban myths going and is complete rubbish, ok?

Sex workers use condoms to protect themselves from you not you from them and nobody has ever contracted HIV though protected sex, nobody.

Kevin

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 07-23-2012 at 08:23 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
aworriedguy123 (07-23-2012)
Old 07-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

CSW use condoms to protected themselves from you, so they would use their own condoms to ensure they are good to go. Now using a condom means when used correctly ( covering your penis head ) are 100% safe in the protection against HIV, hence why they use them.

That is why you were not exposed to HIV and were not at risk. As long as you use condoms you will always be protected against HIV.

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
aworriedguy123 (07-23-2012)
Old 07-23-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
(male)

aworriedguy123 HB User

Thanks. I guess I know all the logic behind it. I just dont know why I am so scared. I cant shake this feeling. I found the place through a personal ad on saturday. I just called them back and asked a couple questions. They said that the girls get tested and they always use condoms. they would not tell me the brand. I dont know if they would lie about the other stuff.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

CSW do test on a regular basis for HIV and std's and its very unlikley she would even have HIV in the first place.

Going to a csw often causes anxiety,we see it all the time but that does not take away the facts that condoms are a safe way of having sex - period.

The best way forward is to put this down to experince, forget about it and move on. You know the facts, you were safe so rest easy buddy, you were wise, you were protected and you were safe from HIV transmission

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 07-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi,

Buddy you really need to step back a bit here ok? Calling the place and asking them questions serves no purpose other than to fuel your own over active imagination here. You can be assured if there was even the slightest doubt that you were in the even the slightest bit at a risk of an HIV infection it would be stated. You were not, you had protected sex.

I know this is your first sexual encounter but you just need to chill out here. All you are doing is fabricating a concern that you do not have. If you are going to react or should I say over react to something that carries no risk whatsoever then you really need to stop having any form of sexual contact with anybody else until you are better prepared, emotionally, to deal with it. Let’s put it this way do you think for one moment the sex worker you was with as rushed onto an HIV forum all worried and concerned that she may have contracted HIV from you? Of course not because she knows as does everybody else that using condoms protect you from an HIV infection.

This is not a concern for HIV other than the one you are allowing your own mind to fabricate for you.

Kevin.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #7
(male)

aworriedguy123 HB User

Thank you. I needed to hear that I guess. This has taken a toll on me.. losing sleep... not eating.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Well start eating and sleeping and stop worrying needlessly. Buddy life is far too short to worry over something you have not even been exposed to. Life will give you plenty of opportunities to worry about things, real things, not imaginary HIV infections, ok?

Kevin.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
zerich (07-29-2012)
Old 07-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #9
(male)

aworriedguy123 HB User

Thanks again for your replies.

Now I am actually freaking out about the thought that I got herpes from her. I read that it could be transferred by skin contact even with a condom. I did not have very much contact with her in the genital region but enough to be scared about it. I posted in the herpes section but did not get any response. I could really use some help here

Old 07-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #10
(male)

aworriedguy123 HB User

Thanks again for your replies.

Now I am actually freaking out about the thought that I got herpes from her. I read that it could be transferred by skin contact even with a condom. I did not have very much contact with her in the genital region but enough to be scared about it. I posted in the herpes section but did not get any response. I could really use some help here

Old 07-24-2012, 12:10 AM   #11
Facilitator
(male)

unless she had any open wounds its unlikley and im sure you would have noticed, but that is for another forum buds

Old 07-26-2012, 06:36 AM   #12
(male)

aworriedguy123 HB User

Thank you Apollo and Kevin for bearing with me even when I am sure my anxiety is annoying.

I just wanted to know if you have ever heard of anyone getting HIV with the use of a condom that did not fail.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #13
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aworriedguy123 View Post
Thank you Apollo and Kevin for bearing with me even when I am sure my anxiety is annoying.

I just wanted to know if you have ever heard of anyone getting HIV with the use of a condom that did not fail.

Never buds, thats why they say condoms are used for safe sex

Old 07-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #14
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aworriedguy123 View Post

Nope, never. In fact in the entire time I have been posting on HIV forums (over six years) I am yet to come across somebody who has been infected through protected sex even when there is a condom failure.

Buddy you had protected sex.

Kevin.

Closed Thread