It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
(female)

Ftmyerz239 HB User
Could I have hiv?? Need advice HELP!!

IOk so i've recently been very sexually active.. Im not overduing it but I feel I might be leading myself down the wrong path... I recently had sex with a dude that goes by the name chrome.. We had sex nd it was good but im a lil freaked because I had my suspicions about him after the whole sexual experience... When we first had physical contact he tried to have sex with me with out protection I told him I alwayz wear protection and if he doesnt put 1 on we wont be having sex.. We end up having sex with a condom but I also noticed that he didnt pull the condom all the way down to the base of his penis, he only put the condom half way on and the condom kept slipn down and I kept havin 2 tell him 2 pull it up.. And at 1 point wen he pulled out the condom was left in me so idk if any fluids.could have touch me... Could I have contacted Hiv/AIDS from him? We had vaginal and anal sex both protected... All so I left out one important part of the story I had heard rumors after I had sexual contact with him that he has Hiv/AIDS... I asked him about it and he got extremely angry and hostile but he never answered my question... Could I have gotten infected? I grew up with a parent wit Hiv so im not afraid of it... What I am afraid of is that I have a 1 yr old daughter who was at the time a breastfed child and 2days after contact with him I nursed her because at the time I didnt hear the rumor that he could be infected but after that day I have weened her.. I hope that im not infected and I pray on my life that I didnt infect my daughter... I wouldnt be able to live with myself.. I have symptoms a lil cough here and there, nasal dripping in the back of my throat, a white creamy vaginal discharge with itching and a lil smell not noticable.. I sweat a lil more than I did before its not jus night sweat but day sweat too, and I have big lymph node bumps under my arm but thats sum wat normal 4me... I dont sweat all the time jus occasionally and these are all the symptoms I have so far.. I cant really narrow these symptoms down because I also have diabetes and had yeast and vaginosis infections before and ive always come out negative for hiv in the.past but this time im extremely nervous.. I know its to early 2 take a Hiv test but im still going to the clinic for any other Std check up but I would still like 2 know could I be infected?? Any help would do thanx

Last edited by Ftmyerz239; 07-23-2012 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Forgot some info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User
Re: Could I have hiv?? Need advice HELP!!

If the condom was hanging partway out upon withdrawal then you would not have been exposed to his fluids. If you had to fish the condom out then there is a chance of exposure. You shouldn't believe rumors about anybody's status, but if we assume your partner was infected, your risk here would still be low, but again, only if the condom came off inside you. It's hard to tell from your post what happened, so if you can elaborate a bit we could advise you better.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

ok a few things, symptoms mean nothing at all when it comes to hiv, they have never will so,dont them let concern you.

Also daughter will not be at risk at all.

As for you, like joggen has said, if the condom was inside and hanging out then you had nomrisk as his penis head was not exposed to you. if you had to "fish" it out then you would be at risk, so you need to clarify that point. Also when was your exposure?

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 07-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
(female)

Ftmyerz239 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggen View Post
If the condom was hanging partway out upon withdrawal then you would not have been exposed to his fluids. If you had to fish the condom out then there is a chance of exposure. You shouldn't believe rumors about anybody's status, but if we assume your partner was infected, your risk here would still be low, but again, only if the condom came off inside you. It's hard to tell from your post what happened, so if you can elaborate a bit we could advise you better.
The condom was hanging out.. As in sayin wen we looked down we could see it jus sitting there so we really didnt have to search for it.. The whole part im worried about is the condom slipping down.. At one point it was only on the head of the penis while penetration was still going on and I had to stop him and tell him to fix the condom should I really be concerned?

Last edited by Ftmyerz239; 07-23-2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Grammar correct

Old 07-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

You weren't at risk for HIV then. The condom only needs to cover the head of the penis to protect both partners. That's because HIV is transmitted through fluid exchange rather than skin contact. You may be at slight risk for STDs that are transmitted through skin contact, but you are not at risk for HIV.

The following user gives a hug of support to joggen:
Ftmyerz239 (07-23-2012)
Old 07-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #6
(female)

Ftmyerz239 HB User
Talking Re: Could I have hiv?? Need advice HELP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggen View Post
You weren't at risk for HIV then. The condom only needs to cover the head of the penis to protect both partners. That's because HIV is transmitted through fluid exchange rather than skin contact. You may be at slight risk for STDs that are transmitted through skin contact, but you are not at risk for HIV.
Oh thank you soooooooooo much that relieved so much concern from my heart.. Thanks again

Old 07-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #7
(female)

Ftmyerz239 HB User

The condom was hanging out.. As in sayin wen we looked down we could see it jus sitting there so we really didnt have to search for it.. The whole part im worried about is the condom slipping down.. At one point it was only on the head of the penis while penetration was still going on and I had to stop him and tell him to fix the condom.. The possible exposure dat was 6/28/12

Old 07-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Well as joggen has explained, his penis head had no contact with you( even when having sex ), so on that basis you cannot be at risk of hiv. Although it may be concerning, it dosnt put you at risk. If their was any chance we would advise you to take a hiv test.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Last edited by Apollo123; 07-23-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #9
(female)

Ftmyerz239 HB User

Ok developed a lack of concern wen joggen tld me so now I feel 100 percent better knowin I got 2 positive point of view thanx

Closed Thread

Tags
aids, diabetes, hiv