It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
(male)

gadawg1100 HB User
Oral Positive - Please Read

To all the administrators and people who monitor this site thank you so much for all that you do!

Now to my situation. Last November, I performed mutual oral sex on a prostitute. She was an african american girl and in a city that is on the higher end of risky areas. My gums at the were infected so that adds to the risk. After the exposure, I freaked out and asked her if she was infected in which prompted her to say no.

The last 8 months of my life have been an endless struggle of stress, anxiety, and symptoms. About 2 weeks post exposure I started to get a red, smooth rash on my face and neck. This rash has not gone away in 8 months! It does not burn just gets really red when I drink, hot, etc. I also for the last 8 months have had a white tongue that comes and goes. It comes off easy when I brush it off but comes back. Finally, for the past 6 months since Feb, I have had an irritated throat that comes and goes. Certain days it is a little irritated and then goes away. It normally is coupled with an onset of fatigue or weakness. All this stuff scares me because even though ARS is supposed to be a 2-4 week affair, having these symptoms constantly for the past couple months has not allowed me to accept any of the test results I have gotten.

I constantly worry about HIV and have been depressed to the point where I contemplate how much longer I have to live on a constant basis. The main reason I am stressed out so much is that this happened right before I proposed to my wife. I had never cheated on her and it was a drunken mistake. She has been very tired the last couple months and has been having stomach pain. This terrifies me that I have ruined her life!

Since that exposure the only sexual encounter I have had has been with my wife. I learned my mistake and have been to busy contemplating how I will tell my wife I infected us with HIV and ruined all our plans.

To my testing history:
5 weeks: Neg
9 weeks: Neg
11 weeks: Neg
13 weeks: Neg

Even though 3 months is supposed to be 99.99% accurate I honestly feel like the test I took today, 8 months past exposure, will come out positive. I took my 3 month negative and tried to forget about it but my throat discomfort has not gone away. I have gotten blood work done and went to ENT doctors and they cant find out what is wrong. Perhaps I already am nearing AIDs?

Ive honestly lost hope and am going to take my positive result tomorrow and pray my wife doesnt leave me.

Assuming I come out positive tomorrow, what odds would you have initially given to this scenario?
1. The girl actually had HIV
2. I performed unprotected oral sex on her
3. I tested 4 times with 13 weeks being the latest
4. Symptoms have been going on for 8 months

My initial thoughts that it would have been a 0.000001% probability!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Oral Positive - Please Read

Hi,

Buddy there is more chance of a void in time and space opening up and transporting you off to an alternative universe tomorrow then you testing HIV positive tomorrow. You were not even at risk of an HIV infection and your tests which were conclusive have already proved this, you do not have HIV.

The only thing you are in danger of tomorrow is receiving a false positive which happens when people needlessly over test for HIV.

Anyway, please post your results tomorrow, there is no point in speculation. Once you receive your inevitable negative result tomorrow you should consider professional counselling for your HIV obsession and anxieties.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 07-25-2012 at 12:33 PM. Reason: added

Old 07-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
(male)

gadawg1100 HB User

Theoretical risk does not mean zero risk. And its still more of a risk than transporting to an alternate universe. HIV is the only thing to explain why Im having this throat discomfort, fatigue, and white tongue for the past couple months. Chronic throat irritation can be a side effect of HIV due to secondary infections.

My goal is just to enlighten people worried about exposures from oral sex to test out and not assume that it can never happen.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Actually theoretical risk does mean zero risk unless that risk has been played out in reality; in which case it is no longer theoretical it is real. This theoretical risk has never been played out in reality and as such remains a zero, theoretical, risk.

And it has not happened to you because you have tested conclusively HIV negative. The fact you are unwilling to accept a conclusive negative result does not give you the right to enlighten anybody about anything. You would not be so eager to enlighten people who had no risk exposures, urging them to test, had you seen the very real psychological damage that can and does occur when people needlessy worry and have needless HIV tests. False positives are real and they cause real damage. They occur because people needlessly over test for HIV. The reasons people needlessly over test and worry are because they are advised, incorrectly, that no risk exposures are actually a risk.

HIV is not the only thing to explain your ailments and you certainly are not in any position to make such a statement having tested unequivocally negative for it.

Actually there is no point in posting any results for any further tests you take because you have already tested conclusively HIV negative and you have no reason whatsoever to keep testing for HIV.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 07-27-2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: typos and added

Old 07-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #5
(male)

gadawg1100 HB User

Well I certainly hope you are right! I will go ahead and post my results tomorrow after I receive them and pray it will be an apologetic one cause you were correct

Old 07-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #6
(female)

msnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB User

Honestly it sounds like you have a yeast infection that you are never quite clearing IMHO

T

Old 07-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #7
(male)

gadawg1100 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnova74 View Post
Honestly it sounds like you have a yeast infection that you are never quite clearing IMHO
Lord I hope that is it

Old 07-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Your story reads like a tragedy to me of all the stress you have suffered, over something so innocuous. When you receive your negative result, please but this to bed, or otherwise seek counseling for your guilt.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #9
(male)

gadawg1100 HB User

Well I'll be damned it came back non-reactive! Not sure where to go from here in figuring out this stuff but will attempt moving past HIV

Old 07-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Thanks for taking the time to come back and post your results. I wish you well in getting to the bottom of your health concerns.

Kevin.

Closed Thread